Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2022-06-02, 18:53   Link #1
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Resident Evil 4 Remake

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

March 24, 2023
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-07, 17:03   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I haven't played the other REmakes (I might once the PS5 versions come out), but I'll definitely play this one. Ashley received a huge upgrade in the looks department. Hopefully, she'll be less annoying too.
Old 2022-10-20, 21:57   Link #3
Marina2

Ashley look great

YouTube

YouTube

Last edited by Marina2; 2022-10-20 at 22:09.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-21, 07:18   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Ashley look great
Modeled after Ella Freya, who is apparently a huge weeb. Definitely looks a hundred times better than OG Ashley. The new voice actress sounds less annoying too, though we have yet to hear her say "Leon, help me, Leeeeooonnn".

It looks good, but it's such a shame it's cross-gen. It could have looked even better.

Not sure what to think about being able to block the chainsaw now. It looks cool, but before it was instant death if he got close enough to you and that added a lot of tension.
Old 2022-10-21, 08:07   Link #5
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Modeled after Ella Freya, who is apparently a huge weeb. Definitely looks a hundred times better than OG Ashley. The new voice actress sounds less annoying too, though we have yet to hear her say "Leon, help me, Leeeeooonnn".

It looks good, but it's such a shame it's cross-gen. It could have looked even better.

Not sure what to think about being able to block the chainsaw now. It looks cool, but before it was instant death if he got close enough to you and that added a lot of tension.
When your first voice actress is Sandy Cheeks from SpongeBob or Cindy Vortex from Jimmy Neutron, quite frankly, finding anyone as an improvement is not that hard.
Old 2022-10-21, 08:56   Link #6
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

NGL, I love how out of all things they could use as gameplay exhibition they chose parrying chainsaw with knife.
It definitely intentional as they put it on last 30 seconds of video. To think they fully embrace Leon as RE local Dante. Man, Capcom is on fire lately.

Old 2022-11-22, 19:11   Link #7
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
NGL, I love how out of all things they could use as gameplay exhibition they chose parrying chainsaw with knife.
It definitely intentional as they put it on last 30 seconds of video. To think they fully embrace Leon as RE local Dante. Man, Capcom is on fire lately.

Yeah, that kinda seems really overthetop like Leon's cocky moments from 6 and the movies. However, the Leon from these trailers feels confident but not as cocky as the original RE4 Leon. Already the trailer commentary feels like a darker take of the original game especially when Capcom confirmed... they killed the friendly dog
Old 2023-02-03, 22:23   Link #8
Marina2

Resident Evil 4 Remake: Exclusive Chapter 5 Gameplay

YouTube
Old 2023-02-04, 07:47   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This looks good, save for the rain effects. Hope they can change this by release. Ashley looks so much more beautiful than in the original it's ridiculous.

With Jedi Survivor being pushed back to April, I should be able to pick this up. I might wait for reviews first though, just in case.
Old 2023-02-04, 11:56   Link #10
GDB

I'll just need to make sure you can save outside of auto-save. I remember my playthrough on the Wii (or Gamecube, forget which it was on) got destroyed by an auto-save battle that I couldn't leave but also didn't have enough ammo to clear.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-04, 19:36   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'll just need to make sure you can save outside of auto-save. I remember my playthrough on the Wii (or Gamecube, forget which it was on) got destroyed by an auto-save battle that I couldn't leave but also didn't have enough ammo to clear.
I played it on Gamecube (I actually brought one just for it and ended playing a grand total of four games on it including RE4, imagine the buyer's remorse when the game came to PS2 later), I had no idea you could get stuck. I thought the game made ammunition magically appear when you ran out of them. If this was a known issue I'm sure they've found a way around it by now.
Old 2023-02-06, 09:12   Link #12
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I remember the game being easy on me if I died too many times kinda like Devil May Cry 3 SE
Old 2023-02-06, 09:51   Link #13
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

AFAIK Resident Evil games starting from 4 had real time adaptive difficulty regardless of base difficulty level that adjusted item drops and enemy HP based on your performance.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-06, 13:57   Link #14
Marina2

Developers said there won't be QTE during the cut scene in the remake version. This is good news for me since I died to those more than the enemy.
Old 2023-02-06, 19:41   Link #15
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I still expect them to make the knife fight interactive in some fashion. It's too iconic to just become another cut-scene.
Old 2023-02-07, 06:33   Link #16
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Considering the rain demo, the knife seems inspired by The Last of Us
Old 2023-02-09, 09:58   Link #17
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

One important thing that I wonder how are they gonna treat is the relationship between Leon and Ada? The first time I played 4 I thought it was the coolest thing ever but the thing these two have is almost a comedy considering they met for nearly 20 years by accident or something yet the remakes are trying to give them a more serious focus. The writer of Damnation who passed away suggested that the two actually had a relationship but the movie couldn't explore that much.
Old 2023-02-22, 07:00   Link #18
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Seems the game will have free DLC in the form of VR
Old 2023-02-23, 17:55   Link #19
kiak666

kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-23, 19:00   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, looks like they changed a lot of things. Looks even more crazy than the original.