AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-08, 12:01   Link #561
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Okay, If she ends up being terrible.

Just saiyan, all of you are wishing so hard for a female playable character(don't see why it matters) you all don't see the chance of her and the entire cast being terrible.

So.. I'm going to laugh a bit IF stella ends up being a terrible character. Don't get your hopes up.

I'm not being mean about it, I won't laugh at YOU. But the fact that she ended up being terrible after all the wishing. I'll still be bummed if she ends up terrible too tho.
Old 2013-07-08, 12:44   Link #562
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Stella?
You're already making a judgment to a character of a game that's yet to be released.
what's your basis?
I think so many people wanted Versus to be "the game" that revitalizes the FF franchise and now others are starting a trend of bashing it so that when the game finally comes out and they don't like it, well their mind was already made up. It's like FFXII all over again, this game was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive years and years ago, but then again it was also going to tie-into the Fabula Nova Crystals plot-line...then the fact that Nomura has been dragging his feet when it comes to updates over the past few years leading to rumors of Versus' cancellation didn't help matters either it's also possible some people think that slapping a "FFXV" on the title and giving the characters slight makeovers is copping out of their original project.
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 15:13   Link #563
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
That or maybe it's all related to a plot twist at some point in the story so stating whether or not there is a playable female character would take away from that.
I definitely think it's story related, but likely nothing such as a plot twist.

Also like that the interview clarified a bit what exactly a Co-Director does:

Quote:
And also the most important are the Co-Directors in each project, again they are very capable and skilled people, they are the people actually managing the actual everyday job on the ground. That’s why I’m here, they are supporting me all the time.
With how difficult it is nowadays to manages so many people on one project, I wonder SE and other game companies will go with this structure from now on...
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 19:07   Link #564
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Stella is obviously going to be an enemy most of the time. The Versus trailer had her pointing her weapon towards Noctis.
Spoiler for size:

From the only time we saw her talking it looks like Stella is going to be a formal, calm and friendly character.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 01:39   Link #565
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The question is, how many changes have occurred to Stella's character since then? IIRC, the original premise of Noctis and Stella from Versus XIII was something along the lines of Romeo and Juliet, and that they would be on opposing sides. Not to mention, Nomura said that Stella started out as a character he was unfamiliar with, and by now she's become a character he's very familiar wirh.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 11:27   Link #566
Iron Maw
Banned

IIRC, just her appearance. In fact Nomura stated nothing about the story has changed from it's original concept and design years ago.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 22:49   Link #567
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Talking about the story, characters and mythology behind FFXV

(Gametrailers: http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/z...ehind-the-myth)

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 00:48   Link #568
Vajra
So Like A Rose

As for Nomura saying that making playable girls for this game would be difficult is a cop-out, I've played Skyrim as female Dunmer & Altmer in all stealth/thief roles, so I don't know...is he suggesting that females can't be stealthy?
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 01:13   Link #569
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

He means storywise, I think?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 06:56   Link #570
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuranbo View Post
As for Nomura saying that making playable girls for this game would be difficult is a cop-out, I've played Skyrim as female Dunmer & Altmer in all stealth/thief roles, so I don't know...is he suggesting that females can't be stealthy?
Guess he didn't think people would be so upset there is no female playable.
Old 2013-07-12, 07:55   Link #571
Xagzan

Just like he didn't think Aqua would be as popular as she was?

Actually, come to mention it, you'd think he would have learned something from that
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 07:57   Link #572
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Don't we have playable female characters since the first Final Fantasy and beyond ?
Old 2013-07-12, 08:08   Link #573
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Don't we have playable female characters since the first Final Fantasy and beyond ?
The first FF barely had a cast.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 08:50   Link #574
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And isn't that a good standard to have especially in the age of AAA gaming where there's a lack of main playable females? Why backtrack it with just guys? That quote just came across that throughout the entire story making process, he didn't consider adding them. Yes, there was XIII last time and was handled badly, but something can be learned from that experience, right?
Old 2013-07-12, 08:58   Link #575
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuranbo View Post
No, he's suggesting that he intended to have an all-male playable cast from the very beginning and didn't think people would be so sensitive over it.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 09:11   Link #576
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No, he's suggesting that he intended to have an all-male playable cast from the very beginning and didn't think people would be so sensitive over it.
Exactly, like ninja theory changing Dante or MGS2.

But I pray he doesn't chicken out and squeeze in one because it may just make it worse. Lol
Old 2013-07-12, 09:25   Link #577
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
And isn't that a good standard to have especially in the age of AAA gaming where there's a lack of main playable females? Why backtrack it with just guys? That quote just came across that throughout the entire story making process, he didn't consider adding them. Yes, there was XIII last time and was handled badly, but something can be learned from that experience, right?
Why should it be a "standard" that there be equal time for male and female protagonists in a story driven game?

What's next? Mandatory racial stereotypes? JRPGs are STORY driven, you can't demand the addition of characters you want and think it wouldn't affect the plot. Here we have a gang of boys who are best friends with each other as a major theme, you think it is normal to just turn one of them into a girl?

(Actually, they did that with FF13 to. They changed the Lancer to a female to maintain gender ratios once they lost a playable girl character. But you think that tells us more about how inconsequential the characters are that you can just gender-bent them like that.)

I still can't get over the idea early on in he thread that one of the posters boycott all games that don't have a female main character. That's the most insulting thing I have ever heard, and I haven't gotten over that.
Old 2013-07-12, 09:25   Link #578
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Exactly, like ninja theory changing Dante or MGS2.

But I pray he doesn't chicken out and squeeze in one because it may just make it worse. Lol
I'm pretty sure Noctis isn't as iconic as Dante or Snake just yet (If ever).

Besides it's not like they're asking to change the protagonist to a female character right? Just don't make it an overwhelming sausage-fest.

You know me Kyero, I don't sail with the "All Girls > Boys" flag, but even I would like some feminine energy in a party to balance things out
Old 2013-07-12, 09:49   Link #579
Shadow5YA

It's not like the entire story is devoid of females. Stella has shown that she is just as powerful as Noctis.

The problem is that considering Noctis' role in the story with all the parallels to Hamlet, it's difficult for him to have a female friend that can be all buddy-buddy like his male friends without complicating things with unwanted romance.

A relevant quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 10:16   Link #580
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So what exactly happened with FFX-2? Did anyone complain about tha- |shot|