Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-15, 22:21   Link #2601
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Well, Kallen's friends clearly remembered her. Shirley and Rival ask Suzaku to help her in episode 7, and both Milly and Nina recognize her in episode 9. Yet none of them react in any way that would indicate that Lelouch hadn't remembered her for the past year. I just think it's odd.
Well, they all laughed it off when Shirley lost her memories of Lelouch, so maybe they just played it off as a similar thing here. It does seem a little odd, though.

As an aside, there's no indication that Nina had her memories wiped.
Old 2008-07-15, 22:24   Link #2602
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I guess he might have not reconginzed her?
Well, Lelouch is known for having a good memory of people's faces, so it seems unlikely... Though theorically I suppose it could be possible that perhaps his memories that were tampered with were from back when he started to think of her as "the pilot of the red one", sorta. Before that, he didn't really know or pay much attention to Kallen, thinking of her as just another student, so...

Or it might just all be a plot hole on their part
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 22:27   Link #2603
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
As an aside, there's no indication that Nina had her memories wiped.
She has, she's shown to remember Rolo, not Nunally.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 22:37   Link #2604
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

It just seems that if Milly, Rival and Shirley thought that Lelouch was playing the "pretending not to remember" game with Kallen for a year, it would have made a bigger splash when Lelouch speaks up for Kallen to Suzaku in episode 7.

The only theory I have that makes some sense it that he did recognize her, but believing that after the failed rebellion, she had fallen on hard times, decided to pretend not to to keep her out of trouble. This puts a slight twist on Kallen's reiteration of Lelouch's words from episode 9 of the first season. I also makes sense why Lelouch would have gotten so pissed when the Mafia guy hit on her (and it would also be a little sweet).

Still, by and large, it simply appears that he didn't recognize her, and that just bugs for a show that usually is close to flawless in its writing. Oh well, I guess some mistakes have to be made.
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 22:39   Link #2605
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Still, by and large, it simply appears that he didn't recognize her, and that just bugs for a show that usually is close to flawless in its writing. Oh well, I guess some mistakes have to be made.
I wonder if it was handled smoother in the manga, and the anime just cut through some important areas.
Old 2008-07-15, 22:40   Link #2606
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
I wonder if it was handled smoother in the manga, and the anime just cut through some important areas.
... You mean there's a manga adaptation of the anime canon?
Old 2008-07-15, 22:41   Link #2607
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Don't know, I just assumed there was. This is a CLAMP project, isn't it?
Old 2008-07-15, 22:42   Link #2608
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Er, no. CLAMP only did the character designs. Sunrise handled the story all the way.
Old 2008-07-15, 22:43   Link #2609
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Clamp only did the character designs, they have nothing to do with the story aspects. There are Manga adaptations though.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 23:37   Link #2610
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Ah, interesting. I guess that means that the manga is built upon the anime, then. Sorry for my ignorance on the subject
Old 2008-07-16, 00:13   Link #2611
Kusaja

Quote:
Hey,

Youngde here. First time I'm posting in these forums so excuse me if this has already been answered before, but since this thread is about Kallen, I figured this was the best place to ask this.

Has anyone noticed that in the first episode of R2 Lelouch clearly does not recognize Kallen, yet in episode 7 he and his friends talk to Suzaku about Kallen as if he has remembered her the whole time. This would seem to indicate that, at least, his memories of Kallen not associated with being Zero (i.e., the ones of her being his friend at school and on the student council) remained after his mind sweep, so why didn't he recognize her? It's like he remembered her, but not what she looked like. I just think that's weird.

Anyway, just wondering.
It's not the first time, nor the last, where a disguise that is painfully transparent to the audience will be enough to fool someone in fiction, anime or not. Superman anyone? And Kallen's wearing a bunny suit after all...

More seriously, Lelouch hasn't seen her in way more than a year. It wouldn't be too hard to assume that a lot of Lelouch's memories of Kallen, including those involving her being at Ashford, would have to be tied to Zero's existence and activities, especially after the events in Shinjuku.

Zero hadn't been introduced yet, of course, but the point applies. Even while he's at Ashford, Lelouch thinks about his "other" activities quite a bit, and he wouldn't really have been that close to Kallen (in general terms, not romantic or some such) without certain key memories (seeing her in the stolen truck, interrogating her about Shinjuku, the shower scene where he fooled her, etc.) . So I'd think it's a combination of the two factors, really.

At most, it would have been better to have him go "hmm...haven't I seen her before?", sort of like he did in the first episode of season one, but not much more than that. I don't think he needed to recognize her.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 03:45   Link #2612
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Bottom line is we don't know how much of his memories was altered, hence causing him to not recognize Kallen. We know his memories of Geass was wiped, so it could have made his memory of what Kallen looks like a haze.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 00:58   Link #2613
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well good thing is there will be hints that kallen will protect nunulay so it a win win/lose for lelou ehehehhe
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 01:07   Link #2614
Kakisho
Just Another

Send a message via AIM to Kakisho
But then again technomo
Spoiler for Episode 14:
Which would probably make it worse for lulu.
Old 2008-07-17, 02:17   Link #2615
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Or she just might flash back to her childhood and leave Suzaku with nothing.
Old 2008-07-17, 03:48   Link #2616
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
or nunnaly saves her
if she finds out what suzaku is trying to do then she would
a)find out just how much he hates her brother and loses any trust she has in him
b)find out for sure that lulu is zero and would want to meet him face to face (so to speak)
c)find out that kallen (who at this point is regarded as a terrorist) serves her brother after all (shes he's bodyguard)

given that its not a struch to see nunnaly freeing kallen in if kallen agrees to take her to him
Old 2008-07-17, 03:54   Link #2617
Pathis87

i think so too , that nunally will interrupt suzaku the moment he would try to refrain kallen . Or when she returns to check up on kallen and finds her refrained thus maybe learning lelouch is zero .

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Pathis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 04:03   Link #2618
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

its just that i cant really see sunrise animating a scene where one of the female heroines of the show actually gets drugged against her will by a villan who used to be the hero last season

i cant really see it any more then i can see them animating suzaku raping kallen
and for pretty much the same reasons
Old 2008-07-17, 04:07   Link #2619
Aquaman OS

I still think she's gonna hit him with it instead in the struggle. Unless she just helplessly resists.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 04:08   Link #2620
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

she gets pinned to the ground and just when hes about to inject her
she uses her legs to swing that chair at him
he drops the drugs and she nails him with it
karma's a bitch