AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-04-07, 07:27   Link #1121
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animekritik View Post
i don't see how anyone could possibly believe that these character designs are worse than hyakko's..

oh well, no accounting for taste.
I'm one of the ones who think Hyakko's character designs are better then what we're seeing in K-ON, though then yes that's just my taste. I would have liked the character designs in this if they were different to what we've seen from Kyoani in the past, but no they're not. Ah well.
Old 2009-04-07, 07:28   Link #1122
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
i don't see how anyone could possibly believe that these character designs are worse than hyakko's..

oh well, no accounting for taste.
Now now, let's not step on that flame bait, okay?
Old 2009-04-07, 07:31   Link #1123
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm one of the ones who think Hyakko's character designs are better then what we're seeing in K-ON, though then yes that's just my taste. I would have liked the character designs in this if they were different to what we've seen from Kyoani in the past, but no they're not. Ah well.
Hyakko sharp lines do match the kyoani feel established from shows past, but K-on is different again washington and macintosh. Ain't much else to say, especially we only have one episode to work with to compare to an entire season of very well done slice of life.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 07:32   Link #1124
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Now now, let's not step on that flame bait, okay?
Bah, I'm already in the kitchen.

Hyakko's character design was fking awesome! They made every girl look unique and different! What we're seeing here is just a rehash of the style KyoAni used in Haruhi mashed with the style used in Lucky Star.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 07:37   Link #1125
Ryuutai

I watched the first episode, and I really hated it. Well, I can't stand how Kyoani creates the female characters, so "moooooeeeee"...meh. Just my two cents.
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 07:39   Link #1126
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuutai View Post
I watched the first episode, and I really hated it. Well, I can't stand how Kyoani creates the female characters, so "moooooeeeee"...meh. Just my two cents.
k guess kyoani created k-on just like bones created FMA.... get your facts straight...
Old 2009-04-07, 07:39   Link #1127
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
Hyakko's character design was fking awesome! They made every girl look unique and different! What we're seeing here is just a rehash of the style KyoAni used in Haruhi mashed with the style used in Lucky Star.
Not only that, they have several episodes where they experiment with their looks - and they look radically different.

Here I have trouble distinguishing even the main cast from each other.

And comparison arose because these shows share several key VA's.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 07:51   Link #1128
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
k guess kyoani created k-on just like bones created FMA.... get your facts straight...
I meant to say that KyoAni's female characters represent a female prototype that I really dislike, in anime.
K- on's plot could be interesting, but because of the great stupidity of the protagonist I can't watch it...
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 07:51   Link #1129
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Bah, I'm already in the kitchen.

I agree that the character design of Hyakko is very unique, and the anime itself is one of the few that i can give top score. The downturn of it is: due to such vary in character designs, the only three i really like was Torako, Suzume and Ushio. Therefore I find hard to watch an episode that have none of them (thank God i don't remember such one)

K-on is quite opposite, the lack in such big gap in character design (there is but limit, similar to LS) means the audience will either like all/most characters; like those with certain personalities or like none of them(Ryuutai is a good example).....

It's a different director's planning and audience target, i guess....
Old 2009-04-07, 07:52   Link #1130
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Not only that, they have several episodes where they experiment with their looks - and they look radically different.

Here I have trouble distinguishing even the main cast from each other.

And comparison arose because these shows share several key VA's.
I'll prob watch Hyakko if there are going to be more comparisons to it in this thread.

But really, the main girls have different hair colors and lengths. It should be easy to distinguish them.
Old 2009-04-07, 07:53   Link #1131
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08
Hyakko's really awesome, but plz don't compare it to K-ON anymore, would ya? Hyakko sure got great point in making many unique chars and i think K-ON will also have its own, time will answer us.
Beruko08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 07:55   Link #1132
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beruko08 View Post
Hyakko's really awesome, but plz don't compare it to K-ON anymore, would ya? Hyakko sure got great point in making many unique chars and i think K-ON will also have its own, time will answer us.
No one is comparing the two. We're just discussing the character designs for both shows.
Old 2009-04-07, 07:57   Link #1133
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But really, the main girls have different hair colors and lengths. It should be easy to distinguish them.
They can even have a scar for all I care - I still won't be able to distinguish them.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 08:11   Link #1134
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
They can even have a scar for all I care - I still won't be able to distinguish them.

That was funny and it brought out a good point. If you like the genre, you can distinguish the characters.
Old 2009-04-07, 08:15   Link #1135
Pachael
原作通り

Since we're on that - despite its low budget, despite the botched animation (at times), despite the occasional suspect direction, despite the incomplete OP, and despite the fact that some jokes fell flat and despite some of the supporting characters are too one-dimensional, Hyakko has that magic X-factor that snares me. It's f'ing brilliant. It's (ironically) the off-beat pacing, direction, music, characters, and not much plot. HYAAKKKOOO But that thread's very lonely And I want more Hyakko.

That said, that series started out really really slowly, and this one (K-On) might too, so I'm reserving judgment for now, but there's lots of promise.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 08:23   Link #1136
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachael View Post
Since we're on that - despite its low budget, despite the botched animation (at times), despite the occasional suspect direction, despite the incomplete OP, and despite the fact that some jokes fell flat and despite some of the supporting characters are too one-dimensional, Hyakko has that magic X-factor that snares me. It's f'ing brilliant. It's (ironically) the off-beat pacing, direction, music, characters, and not much plot. HYAAKKKOOO But that thread's very lonely And I want more Hyakko.

That said, that series started out really really slowly, and this one (K-On) might too, so I'm reserving judgment for now, but there's lots of promise.
I completely agree with all your points here; .....and the OP song actually sound better when the actual animation is complete (rather than recycling screen form 1st Ep, which i hate with all passion).

When you looks at it that way, the problem that K-on may encounter (which Hyakko didn't) is it may not be able to meet up the expectation that 1st ep set up. But then, who knows. Later eps of K-on can be so interesting/nice/ hilarious that it will create a massive wave in internet

It does not change the fact that we have to wait for Ep 2 of K-on
Old 2009-04-07, 08:27   Link #1137
Nosauz

its already created that wave with nude-filters, mads, and god knows how many other fan creations, just take the show for what it is and not what you want it to be, and you'll be a lot more happy.
Old 2009-04-07, 08:38   Link #1138
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
When you looks at it that way, the problem that K-on may encounter (which Hyakko didn't) is it may not be able to meet up the expectation that 1st ep set up. But then, who knows. Later eps of K-on can be so interesting/nice/ hilarious that it will create a massive wave in internet

It does not change the fact that we have to wait for Ep 2 of K-on
Either way, this show will get a lot of 10/10 or 1/10 ratings for each ep, just because it's KyoAni's. Both sides, fan and anti-fan, can be extreme when it comes to popular studio like this one.

I don't place much expectation for this show, though. It gets what I like, but it's far from being a masterpiece.
Btw, I hate asking the "am I the only one" question, but is it true that only me think this show won't get a sub forum?
Old 2009-04-07, 08:39   Link #1139
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Btw, I hate asking the "am I the only one" question, but is it true that only me think this show won't get a sub forum?
I saw this coming. It probably won't, because there really isn't that much to discuss when you try to split it into multiple threads. This one is more than enough.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 08:41   Link #1140
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I saw this coming. It probably won't, because there really isn't that much to discuss when you try to split it into multiple threads. This one is more than enough.
I also don't think it needs one, though at the way this thread is progressing, it's sure to have one sometime soon. A shame really because there are shows this season that actually need one, and it's not gonna happen.

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen