AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Your impression of the movie - A Wakening of the Trailblazer
091 - 100: Amazing 78 24.15%
081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-12-03, 20:21   Link #1281
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Perhaps I need to rewatch the movie but I didn't really like it. The animation, while cool, was too fast and abundant. I really couldn't see much of what was going on with all the explosions and the mobile suits zipping around and the ELS hording the screen. I know this is what it ultimately comes down to in Gundam but I really felt like they were just "shooting stuff".

Why does Tieria seem to be perfectly fine with the world using Veda? Isn't that Celestial beings trump card? The government may be nice now but eventually there will be corruption yet again and what will the next-gen CB have to combat the world?

I also didn't like the ambiguous ending and the forced SetsunaxFeldt material. I know they had that little flower scene in the series but this felt like too much. But to be fair, in real life spontaneous relationships do develop.

And I wasn't too happy with the ambiguous ending, but maybe that was just the sadness of the series finally/actually ending for me. But I really do wish they showed what happened to the rest of the CB crew. I assume they are disbanded with Sumeragis "our final mission speech" so I assume they are passing the mantlee to next gen CB operators, but what do they do after?

Where did this Nena character come from? The names sound so similar that I thought it was her until i read online that it is a clone of her. Wtf? Wouldn't that be something to explain in the movie?
Old 2013-12-03, 23:20   Link #1282
CBredbeard
Banned

The only thing that could have saved OO was a firing squad ending. Everyone lined up, hands tied behind their backs, a lit cigarette in each of their lips, and then *BLAM* *thud* and the world was a happy place again.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 13:35   Link #1283
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

At the risk of sounding like an ass, I must say this: if you didn't understand several major points in the movie, then you weren't paying attention in the first place and you need to watch it again.

Tieria was okay with the Federation taking use of VEDA because the Federation is ultimately better equipped and more suited to carry out Aeolia's master plan than Celestial Being is--it has been confirmed that yes, the Federation is now aware of Aeolia's plan and are continuing it, though as we saw there are snags, like what they were doing with their first confirmed Innovator. That said, the Federation will not be able to take over VEDA and shut Celestial Being out of it now that they've regained control of the computer.

As for the other details you were interested in: Celestial Being was not formally dismantled after the ELS War. Supplementary details which have been made abundant in this forum has shown that there was another war that was fought on Earth, between regular humans and Innovators concerning the evolution of Innovators--ELS wisely chose to stay uninvolved (mostly) from that conflict, as they were also a source of the conflict. Celestial Being was confirmed to be active during the conflict, including Setsuna (who fought alongside Billy and Mena's child, Graham) and Tieria (who used a rebuilt Raphael Gundam). As for the Ptolemy crew beyond them, we don't really know.

Mena was explained supplementary material to be descended from the same line that had donated their genetic material to Celestial Being, so Nena was a genetic clone, so to speak. Not really a clone, but while Mena's a current member of that family line, Nena Trinity just coincidentally (or, given the Innovades' shared appearances, was more likely engineered to) looked like Mena Carmine.

The thing about this is that Gundam 00, like a number of anime, are multimedia franchises, whose other supplementary materials are easily accessable over in Japan. There's little we westerners can do about that.

And CBred, if anything their actions in the movie would've earned them a full on pardon from execution. They just saved the entire human race from a misunderstood alien invasion.
Old 2013-12-04, 14:18   Link #1284
kakakka

Beam/missile spam was okay in the movie. I understand if it's because of choreography that people dislike it. But disliking it because it's beam spam is sometimes funny, since shooting is more efficient than running close combat in an open battle.

Veda was kind of sentient, it even blocked Ribbons from getting full control and made it looked like he had the full control it. It does not matter who used Veda, since its full capabilities is really unexplored and probably wouldn't be known. It has back-up plans behind back-up plans, it'll do something when Feds messed up.

Feldt's affection towards Setsuna is okay when you think how many years have passed and it's him her eyes only look and cared for. It definitely felt forced in the TV series, but it should not be by this time.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 14:22   Link #1285
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And CBred, if anything their actions in the movie would've earned them a full on pardon from execution. They just saved the entire human race from a misunderstood alien invasion.
Okay. Imprisonment in a very tiny box stacked on-top of one another for the rest of their short, miserable lives.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 22:01   Link #1286
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

I understood the movie. It just seems so redundant that I thought i was missing something.
Old 2013-12-04, 22:20   Link #1287
AmericanFairy

Quote:
As for the other details you were interested in: Celestial Being was not formally dismantled after the ELS War. Supplementary details which have been made abundant in this forum has shown that there was another war that was fought on Earth, between regular humans and Innovators concerning the evolution of Innovators--ELS wisely chose to stay uninvolved (mostly) from that conflict, as they were also a source of the conflict. Celestial Being was confirmed to be active during the conflict, including Setsuna (who fought alongside Billy and Mena's child, Graham) and Tieria (who used a rebuilt Raphael Gundam). As for the Ptolemy crew beyond them, we don't really know.
Oh wow! Where did you get all of this info? I've been looking for years for more details about the Innovator war, but haven't really be able to find much.
AmericanFairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 23:05   Link #1288
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's been posted throughout the 00 threads. Pretty sure some of it was in this thread.
Old 2013-12-04, 23:56   Link #1289
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Did we ever confirm Tieria was the pilot for Raphael Dominions though? I mean, I think he may have been from EXA but I don't recall it being confirmed in 00.

Mina was mainly added for fanservice because I recall Nena was really well liked. I don't think her scenes and inclusions were good when viewing the movie from home.

But God, it was hilarious and to great effect in cinemas. At least in the showing I attended. Symbically, part of 00's "double" theme that it also pulled around a few times.
Old 2013-12-05, 00:27   Link #1290
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... you're still alive, SonicSP? ._.

A-anyway, while I don't know what it's saying, Tieria Erde is mentioned by name in the illustration of the Raphael Gundam Dominions firing its cannons.

EDIT: Tieria's full name is also mentioned in the technical image picture of the Raphael Dominions.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2013-12-05 at 01:28.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 08:08   Link #1291
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Yeah, nice to see you too dude.

Ooo, is this in the original 00V Senki Chapter for Dominions?
Old 2013-12-06, 10:26   Link #1292
kakakka

... It says in the story no one knows who's piloting it.
Old 2013-12-06, 12:16   Link #1293
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Oh, okay then. Looks like we're back to square one, not that an unknown pilot is an issue given the circumstances.
Old 2013-12-07, 02:19   Link #1294
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Wasted potential not to expand that Innovator War.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 02:27   Link #1295
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
... It says in the story no one knows who's piloting it.
Given that the story's from Amy's POV it makes sense that he doesn't know who is piloting the Raphael Dominions. That said, while the other text on the story image mentioned Tieria's name in conjunction to the original Raphael Gundam. However, I did read his name mentioned in the colored lineart page for the Raphael Gundam Dominions, so if there's any confirmation on the pilot, it might be there.

That said I can't really see anyone else piloting the Raphael Dominions. Given that it's derived from the Virtue and Seravee's designs, and that Raphael was already created by him.
Old 2013-12-10, 03:33   Link #1296
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I was under the impression that Tieria followed Setsuna to ELS homeworld onboard that miniature Veda terminal (I really wanted to recheck the subs before posting but Ive been so busy and decide to screw it without refact checking this time). This is why that unlike most times, I do not make the "usual pilot" assumption. I mean, the possibility that he created copies or backups of himself is possible but I find it unlikely that the Tieria would be able to do the "exist in all places" trick and extend that to the 00Q in this situation.

Then again, never underestimate quantum communications I guess. The ELS were able to communicate lightyears apart from each other without problems, as 00N stated how they called more of them from Jupiter, so it's possible. Whether that extends to CB's quantum communications is uncertain, but if they would have entangled particles and they can transform/switch back and forth, then they could transmit data through it. They have quantum communication capabilities, though the specific range/traits aren't elaborated.

Regene appeared as a co-admin to Tieria in Veda in one of the manga's I believe, one of the short story ones. It's not an adaptation one I believe but one of the extended short story ones (could be by Yun Kouga). Personally I suspect Regene still running things (he was while Tieria as sleeping; in said manga IIRC), but really my theory is that Raphael has become a unit in Tieria's personal Innovade faction so to speak. He/they has manufacturing capabilities to a minimal extend at the very least and the capability to produce Innovade bodies, so the idea that they have their own force to do their things would be useful. It would be useful to use something you already have parts for, and can build off a familiar design from (in this case, an Earth use variant).
Old 2013-12-10, 07:49   Link #1297
kakakka

The "exist in all places" trick is kinda possible, if we go by 00F. Ribbons was able to copy Grave and Hixar.

Quote:
Given that the story's from Amy's POV it makes sense that he doesn't know who is piloting the Raphael Dominions.
It was Robert who said that no one knows, IIRC. He has some connections in CB. But you're right I suppose; Either way they shouldn't know.
Old 2013-12-10, 10:29   Link #1298
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Ah, I miswrote the sentence to what I meant. It's definitely possible for Tieria to make copies of himself theoretically, but I guess I was trying to say that it's unlikely that the same Tieria could continuosly be one single being with a shared memory on both 00Q and Veda+other places if we assume the large distance to be a communications barrier. It would be different divergent Tierias with divergent memories, rather than the same Tieria across all places. If the communications barrier isn't an issue, then it would doable, since it would be like we see Tieria now.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2013-12-10 at 12:15.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 12:24   Link #1299
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Why are you assuming that there's some distance issue? We know that Setsuna himself participated in the Innovator War, which the Raphael Dominions was active in. So he came back from the ELS Homeworld, and if he did, so did Tieria.
Old 2013-12-10, 13:25   Link #1300
kakakka

IIRC, 00N states Setsuna never came back until that time when Sumeragi was launching to other universe/movie epilogue. Dominions participated in the war in between that period.