AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-12, 07:31   Link #1
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

As a MASSIVE Fan of the Elder Scrolls series (Played all the way Back to Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind)
I can say, It's about time to kick some new ass!

I personally am Psyched to finally hear the release date.

I just hope they looked at Morrowind for this one, the levelling system in Oblivion was shit.

*EDIT*

Last edited by Kaze; 2011-10-01 at 10:47.
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 08:40   Link #2
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I didn't play the elder scroll series but i like those kind of games . Maybe i'll give a try .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 08:46   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
They threw away the old engine used in the older games, so the game uses an entirely new system which makes it very interesting to me. Well I liked the Elder Scroll games no matter how buggy and all that but still this will turn out to be a very interesting game (no more spasaming corpses if you drop them in the doorway and close it). The trailer doesn't reflect much, so we'll have to wait. It will take place after Oblivion that's for sure. In b4 you wake up in a boat or jail again XD

I still haven't finished Oblivion though, I've kept my save file after half a year of playing I might finish it soon. I am currently preparing for DA2 though and still busy on New Vegas

edit: it is still unclear if it uses the new engine or an updated Gamebryo

edit2:

Quote:
Additionally, he pointed out that the upcoming project will run on existing consoles and is built on the same engine that powered Oblivion and Fallout 3. "That's our starting point -- the Fallout 3 tech. It started with Morrowind, we went to Oblivion, we did a lot between Oblivion and Fallout 3 because now we had final hardware -- with Oblivion we had six months on final hardware, so Fallout 3 technically does a lot more than Oblivion. The new stuff is an even bigger jump from that,"
:/

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2010-12-12 at 09:06.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 10:28   Link #4
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Next Elder Scrolls game... nice!

However, that trailer didn't show anything...
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 10:43   Link #5
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

The game is set to release on November - 11 - 2011.

I am personally Psyched to go to Skyrim, as I've wanted to go there since Bloodmoon in Elder Scrolls III.

I LOVE snow, and I hope to see much of it in the next instalment.
Together with some nice Bruma / Viking / Norse buildings and architecture.

This could be a smashingly good game if they just base it off of Morrowind and not make it piss easy like Oblivion (seriously, a QUEST COMPASS? Who the hell needs that, 10 year olds?)

I hope they also get rid of the random shitloot you get whenever you went into a dungeon in Oblivion.
Tired of going in a super hard dungeon fighting for my life to finally reach the ultimate treasure chest only to find inside an old Cheese Cartwheel, some Repair hammers and an old sweaty sock.

Where's my legendary swords and godlike armor from Morrowind?
Old 2010-12-12, 10:47   Link #6
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I was gonna post this last night when it was first announced,but eh.. to lazy XD
Old 2010-12-12, 10:53   Link #7
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
They needs to get rid of that whole equipment leveling for random mooks. Running into bandits in ebony armors while I was minding my own lvl 15 business was fucking gay.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 11:00   Link #8
james0246

So we're going to the land of the Nords. Sweet! Hopefully they do not make it too similar to Solstheim from the Bloodmoon expansion. Still, since I had no idea this was coming out (yet), I am very excited.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 11:05   Link #9
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
They needs to get rid of that whole equipment leveling for random mooks. Running into bandits in ebony armors while I was minding my own lvl 15 business was fucking gay.
Exactly

It doesn't make any sense that Bandits and Robbers that ambush you on the road asking for 30 gold coins should be dressed in full Ebony / Glass / deadric armor that's worth thousands of gold.

That's why I hope they base this game off of the Morrowind game system, where every zone and NPC was levelled.

i.e: You could walk into a cave and get your ass raped by lvl 100 vampires with full ebony when you were just a level 2 in slave clothes.

In Oblivion it was entering a cave, meeting some rats, and that was it
Old 2010-12-12, 14:57   Link #10
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

I'll be getting the popcorn for the impending disaster show.
Old 2010-12-12, 15:06   Link #11
Aqua Knight

The music is too epic for my ears.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 15:26   Link #12
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
In Oblivion it was entering a cave, meeting some rats, and that was it
Less we forget one of the first missions in Morrowind is to clear out a pantry of giant rats...that can kick your level 1-2 ass .

But, yeah I would hope a more Morrowind-esque approach is taken in the new game, especially with the side characters. Anyone else remember the little message that would pop up when a main plot character died in Morrowind? I forget the exact wording, but it was more or less, "Oops, Character X has died, now this reality is doomed. Sorry." Hopefully they bring back major NPC deaths in the new game, because that was always fun .
Old 2010-12-12, 15:48   Link #13
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Less we forget one of the first missions in Morrowind is to clear out a pantry of giant rats...that can kick your level 1-2 ass .

But, yeah I would hope a more Morrowind-esque approach is taken in the new game, especially with the side characters. Anyone else remember the little message that would pop up when a main plot character died in Morrowind? I forget the exact wording, but it was more or less, "Oops, Character X has died, now this reality is doomed. Sorry." Hopefully they bring back major NPC deaths in the new game, because that was always fun .
Haha yeah, and the mudcrabs back then could totally whoop your ass if they ganged up on you.

Ofcourse I remember
It was something along the lines of:
Quote:
With this character's death, the thread of prophecy is severed.
Restore a saved game to restore the weave of fate,
or persist in the doomed world you have created.
And indeed, it was totally gay that in Oblivion you couldn't actually kill any vital NPC's.
I want to reign blood and murder damnit.

And another thing is that the quest rewards in Oblivion were all scaled towards your own level.
So if you were level 5 and got a "super awesome ring"
It would give like +1 sneak instead of a level 50 ring with +80 sneak

In Morrowind you could get legendary swords that, if possesed by you, could whipe out entire continents.

I remember back in the day when Bloodmoon was released, I got my ass handed to me by all the shit that wanted me dead in Solsteim.
After that I went to get the Spear of Bitter Mercy.

With it, I owned every NPC's face.

Good times, good times,

Argonians forever!

Last edited by Kaze; 2010-12-12 at 16:21.
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 15:54   Link #14
Albafica
Pisces no saint

OMG I didn't see that coming! I love Morrowind and Oblivion so much and I really want to play TES V.

The music at the end of the trailer remind the music of Morro/Obli!

Need it!
Old 2010-12-12, 17:24   Link #15
james0246

You know what else I would like to see? Some Dwenmer Ruins. Those mechanical palaces were fun (not that the Ayelid weren't, but I want some variety in the dungeons)...
Old 2010-12-12, 17:31   Link #16
Jaden

I'm interested in this but there are already some things to nitpick about...

Firstly, it seems you play as the "dragon born", with a defined role, name, race, and gender. So does this mean it's a far more plot driven and linear game than the past ones? It certainly limits character creation and roleplaying opportunities.

Secondly it seems the lore presented doesn't fit into the established universe. Like since when are the Skyrim nords in war with each other, and how come there are suddenly evil dragons? And doesn't such a plot resemble Dragon Age and Cataclysm a bit too much?
Old 2010-12-12, 17:32   Link #17
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
@james:

Some variety in general would be nice. That is the one thing Morrowind is superior to Oblivion in. The world feels foreign, with strange environments and architecture that feels like from a different world. On the other hand, take away magic and demons in Oblivion, and you basically just have a replication of the dark ages.

Last edited by ZGoten; 2010-12-12 at 18:25.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 17:35   Link #18
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
They needs to bring back the polearms, their absence from Oblivion made me sad.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 18:45   Link #19
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
They needs to bring back the polearms, their absence from Oblivion made me sad.
YES! THIS. THIS. THIS.

Arbitres demands polearms!

I usually played a Nord and breton, so I'm wondering what sort of interactions my MC will have in Skyrim. (Skyrim being Nord country and all).
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 19:26   Link #20
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I'm interested in this but there are already some things to nitpick about...

Firstly, it seems you play as the "dragon born", with a defined role, name, race, and gender. So does this mean it's a far more plot driven and linear game than the past ones? It certainly limits character creation and roleplaying opportunities.

Secondly it seems the lore presented doesn't fit into the established universe. Like since when are the Skyrim nords in war with each other, and how come there are suddenly evil dragons? And doesn't such a plot resemble Dragon Age and Cataclysm a bit too much?
Wasn't the final boss of Oblivion a sort of evil Dragon-God?
So it is not far-fetched that a Dragon-God would have created Dragons. They just haven't been around until now.

And I am sure there is no problem with the racial freedom in character creation. "Dragon-born" can be metaphorical, and don't forget how in Morrowind you are actually a reincarnation of a hero. If they go for the reincarnation-card in Skyrim too then your character can be literally anyone.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim