AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-09-04, 03:57   Link #281
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
And you know what. It just occurred to me that in order to turn Ayano into this psychotic monster they had to destroy all her important relationships. They destroyed her relationship with Nagisa, with Connie, even with her mother.

Spoiler for manga context:

They literally destroyed everything that made Ayano the person she was. This is the kind of stuff one would expect from silly fanfiction, you know. I honestly can't understand how people who are supposedly pros end up destroying a character so badly. It's beyond me.

When you hear about character assassination, this is what they mean.
I read the translated chapters of the manga, and I think the change came because the studio wanted to have a conclusion.

In any other sports anime, Nagisa would actually be the main character. She certainly fits the archetype for shounen sports MC, as early as the first episode where her 'rival' in Ayano destroys her in a match--- and thus, the show will conclude with Nagisa beating Ayano through the power of sports & friendship.

If the anime followed the manga i.e. Ayano's story, at least up until the translated parts, I don't know where they can actually stamp a conclusion. With MC!Nagisa and Darth!Ayano, at least there are character arcs-- however bitter and forced the narrative is.
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-04, 07:17   Link #282
Kazu-kun

That's not a excuse. You could give it a conclusion just fine without destroying the story.
Old 2018-09-05, 01:04   Link #283
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Ayano's mother was always a poorly done plot/character.
The anime didn't make it better or worse, just showed how bad it is and as long as she exists Ayano will have this "issue".
Old 2018-09-05, 22:08   Link #284
devilo96

And the most stupid things.....i still watching this shit.i really wanna drop this..but my felling tell me to keep watching this shit....dammit...i should never try hanebado....
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-06, 12:46   Link #285
James Rye

Why does nobody speak out to Ayano's mother for just being gone for so many years, no telephone talks, no visits, no postcards, nothing! Like seriously, if i were her father I would ground her, which ofc wouldn't work because she is a full grown adult but still she had responsibilities as a mother which she just ditched because her daughter lost one game. And then returns and expected her daughter to still have trained all those years, wth! Why are they all doormats!?
I know Ayano gonna lose to Nagisa to show she is wrong for how out of way she acts nowadays, but I just wanna see her continue to trash Connie and who else was trained by her mother. Which means, say no to leaving japan just to be with your mother, if you can even call that a mother.
Old 2018-09-06, 18:33   Link #286
ArrowSmith

Ayano's mom is such a queen beeyotch. What kind of creature leaves their daughter to go gallivanting around the world coz... REASONS! Then she comes back and thinks she has no reason to apologize! No wonder Ayano is walking around half-crazed.

I guess the mom views Ayano as 'acceptable' now that she's doing so well in badminton. Previously unacceptable and un-loved. A mother's love for her child has to be UNCONDITIONAL for f-s sake.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-06, 19:01   Link #287
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Well, I've come this far, might as well finish it. Sad that money was wasted on this show.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-07, 03:52   Link #288
Rnzlr

But hey, at least they made a great opening
Rnzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-07, 22:19   Link #289
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
And the most stupid things.....i still watching this shit.i really wanna drop this..but my felling tell me to keep watching this shit....dammit...i should never try hanebado....
Because Darth Ayano is controlling your mind .
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-08, 19:51   Link #290
ArrowSmith

How can anyone hate this? I'm loving the Ayano family psychodrama.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-09, 11:20   Link #291
EroKing

Hanebado! Anime's 11th Episode Delayed Due to Hokkaido Earthquake
Old 2018-09-16, 11:57   Link #292
EroKing

Episode 11

Ayano is so hot. I love the way she just randomly starts looking like she is plotting something evil

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 07:36.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-16, 12:17   Link #293
SolidN7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post

Ayano is so hot. I love the way she just randomly starts looking like she is plotting something evil
I love dark Ayano, better than the manga
SolidN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-16, 19:11   Link #294
devilo96

So just like i said before i just hope the studio end it with a dark way.....please dont make nagisa win....dark ayano is for a better future
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-16, 22:27   Link #295
Pierrot.

Wow, I will be genuinely surprised if the anime version has the guts to call out on Uchika's bullshit through Elena. Because in the manga, it's pretty much brushed under the rug and the author gives her the most retarded reason to get away with abandoning Ayano.

Only problem here is that, it would 100% kill any chance of season 2 happening.
Pierrot. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-16, 22:31   Link #296
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post

Oh my god, that expression reminds me of ReLIFE with Chizuru's attempts at smiling hahahahahaha!

But yeah, this Darth Ayano is so good. Burning bridges and laying down the shit talk is what we need at this point. Her relationship with her mom is beyond repair at this point (her small explanation of why she left in this episode was definitely not enough. The next one will probably clear it up now that Elena is asking the hard questions.), and Nagisa is the only one that can bring Ayano to a balance. Also, where is Connie?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-17, 09:15   Link #297
SidVicious
Anime addict

The way her mom acts like nothing happened is really irritating.
Old 2018-09-17, 12:04   Link #298
James Rye

Noooo~
I want Darth Ayano to win!!! She can't lose to the light of friendship and fun!!! >.<
Old 2018-09-17, 16:42   Link #299
Wandering Soul

Looks like we don't have much time left to enjoy Darth Ayano before she gets infected with the power of friendship. She actually ended up being the main draw of the series for me.

I do like how everyone finally became self aware in the episode with the coach acknowledging that he was showing favoritism towards Nagisa and Elena admitting that she shouldn't have pushed Ayano to join the club.
Old 2018-09-17, 17:00   Link #300
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I do like how everyone finally became self aware in the episode with the coach acknowledging that he was showing favoritism towards Nagisa and Elena admitting that she shouldn't have pushed Ayano to join the club.
Interestingly enough, this is actually from the manga, and it sticks out like a sore thumb amount all the anime-original crap that made everyone act like psychos until this point.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-09-17 at 19:33.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badminton, drama, sports