AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-10, 02:54   Link #141
Mareel

Send a message via AIM to Mareel
I'd also agree with bad timing as part of a reason it didn't do so well. I avoided bleach for 9 months, and only recently have I gotten back into it (with the filler ending). So I probably would not have gone to see it in theaters even though I consider myself to be a fan simply because I haven't been super hyped about bleach since the filler began.

Anyways, Im pretty sure the author of Gintama gave it the name Gintama because he thought it'd be funny to have a name that sounds almost exactly like Kintama ( the word for testicles ). I read that somewhere before. I mean, come on, everyone gets a kick out of hearing lots of little kids saying words like testicles when talking about TV shows they like.
Old 2007-01-10, 20:50   Link #142
Soulcatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
A couple of other alternatives to this average box office earning:

- The movie is crap! or,
- Bleach's popularity is exaggerated in Japan.

I personally would prefer the latter reasoning for this average earnings.
Well, if we look at that crap called Naruto movies and, as it was mentioned before, see that the first one was much more successful than the Bleach movie - then i guess it is indeed the latter ;)
Old 2007-01-10, 21:35   Link #143
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher View Post
Well, if we look at that crap called Naruto movies and, as it was mentioned before, see that the first one was much more successful than the Bleach movie - then i guess it is indeed the latter
I'm hoping as such! The first Naruto movie was decent, and the rest are fallen under the land of mediocrity. That said, I still watch these movies a shounen series pumps up so often because the animation is so superior than their TV series counterparts.

Eitherway, couldn't care less since, seemingly, the Bleach is back! I seriously need to stop saying this.
Old 2007-01-10, 22:28   Link #144
Kaijin
かいじん

Can someone please take a trip to Japan and see this movie.

Ok, that was a lame-ass joke. Anywho, I want to see the movie even if it's lame or crap, I love the Bleach universe and the characters so it amuses me to see them whenever I can. Plus we've suffered the fillers for about 45 episodes so I can sit through a 90 minute movie of Bleach. I just hope it doesn't take too long before we can get a subbed version circulating cyberspace. Until then, end of fillers and new arc begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2007-01-11, 04:16   Link #145
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijin View Post
Can someone please take a trip to Japan and see this movie.

Ok, that was a lame-ass joke. Anywho, I want to see the movie even if it's lame or crap, I love the Bleach universe and the characters so it amuses me to see them whenever I can. Plus we've suffered the fillers for about 45 episodes so I can sit through a 90 minute movie of Bleach. I just hope it doesn't take too long before we can get a subbed version circulating cyberspace. Until then, end of fillers and new arc begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I totally agredd with you
90min of Bleach movie (even if it's crap) is no problemo.
I've watched all the fillers (even all the naruto fillers) so sure I can survive 90min of Bleach movie even if it sucks

Old 2007-01-11, 22:59   Link #146
blacksmithmc

I am a huge bleach fan! I have seen most episodes on youtube; although it keeps getting more spam on youtube. My problem is i can't find any bleach episodes anymore. If anyone can tell me a good website to watch bleach on i would greatly apreshate it.

BTW: I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE LOOKS REALLY COOL
Old 2007-01-11, 23:26   Link #147
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksmithmc View Post
I am a huge bleach fan! I have seen most episodes on youtube; although it keeps getting more spam on youtube. My problem is i can't find any bleach episodes anymore. If anyone can tell me a good website to watch bleach on i would greatly apreshate it.

BTW: I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE LOOKS REALLY COOL
All I can suggest is to torrent them. Though it's licensed now so...which eps are you looking for? I suggest direct download from the fansubbers who continue to sub Bleach. Or other torrents sites can have episodes as well.
Old 2007-01-11, 23:30   Link #148
blacksmithmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijin View Post
All I can suggest is to torrent them. Though it's licensed now so...which eps are you looking for? I suggest direct download from the fansubbers who continue to sub Bleach. Or other torrents sites can have episodes as well.
Well i just saw the end of the bounto parts of bleach. If there are anymore after that they would be good or just the start of the episodes again so i can remember it i saw that part a long time ago
Old 2007-01-15, 09:17   Link #149
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Old 2007-01-24, 13:31   Link #150
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
For those who are interested, there's a low-quality camera-rip out.
Old 2007-01-24, 13:52   Link #151
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Looks like some one has paid attention to me for a change when I suggested to capture the movie with a cellphone camera.
Old 2007-01-24, 14:21   Link #152
ThoHell

Quote:
I guess that's what I'm downloading right now, hope the quality isn't completely bad. Oh well can't wait to watch it still!
Old 2007-01-24, 14:52   Link #153
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I guess that's what I'm downloading right now, hope the quality isn't completely bad. Oh well can't wait to watch it still!
If it's like the FMA movie camera-rip, it'll start off bad (what with getting the camera in position correctly), but it'll be pretty good (for a camera-rip) for the rest of the movie.
Old 2007-01-24, 17:34   Link #154
Liquid-Fusion

geeze I think my best bet of seeing this movie is when i go over there this summer then getting one of my Japanese friends to translate the SoB.
Old 2007-01-24, 19:35   Link #155
ThoHell

Quote:
If it's like the FMA movie camera-rip, it'll start off bad (what with getting the camera in position correctly), but it'll be pretty good (for a camera-rip) for the rest of the movie.
Wow, the quality was bad, really bad, but I still watched it to the end ~_~. Sucky part was the ending got cut off so didn't really get to watch it all. Hopes it comes out soon, lol and with subs so I can understand ALL of it instead of bits. I thought the movie was ok...
Old 2007-01-24, 19:45   Link #156
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Hopes it comes out soon, lol and with subs so I can understand ALL of it instead of bits.
Don't count on it. I doubt anybody is going to bother subbing a camera rip. More than likely, we'll have to wait for the DVD release to get a subbed version.
Old 2007-01-24, 22:42   Link #157
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Took a brief look at it by jumping from scene to scene. The quality of the rip is beyond horrible. Even that bad of rip couldn't hide the fact, this movie is no crap. It has fantastic drama surrounding Senna, (the cute girl in the movie).. the music, as best as it could be heard, is very good. The story is your usual shounen cheese, but the cheese had flavor and very tasty. Meaning, the movie has high level of entertainment value.

Since this movie doesn't seem like a crap, then as some of us have already guessed, Bleach isn't as popular in Japan as we thought. That's, probably, one of the reason why the movie didn't do as well as a Naruto movie would in the Box office. The target audience could be a factor as well. Bleach is catered to a older audience than the Naruto series. Kids take their parents to the theater, budding teenagers hate their parents! It's the circle of nature that affects the economy just like everything else.

Anyway, to reiterate, the movie seemed solid. Byakuya-fans and Kenpachi-fans will be in for a treat!
Old 2007-01-24, 23:19   Link #158
astrallionheart

^

No kidding the quality was beyond bad. Lol. It looked worse then the FMA movie camera rip. This was literally a shaky-cam =P

The CG backgrounds are nice, but some some of the SS arc episodes were animated better. Alot of the times the characters looked really stiff and jerky, especially the running animations.

edit: It appears that the last few minutes is left out on this movie rip. Gotta wait a few months for the dvd it looks like!

Last edited by astrallionheart; 2007-01-25 at 04:34.
Old 2007-01-28, 04:28   Link #159
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

MON Fanart found this while browsing for Bleach pics

Old 2007-01-28, 18:57   Link #160
Lendial

oh wow thats awesome looks like they did it on a computer :X

as for the movie i dont really mind if it sucks, the animation quality and fights alone are worth watching
Closed Thread