AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

Old 2009-03-22, 13:12   Link #1921
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Snip.
I don't know, I think you provide too much information and the extra info doesn't help in arguments lol

I'm one of the few people in Singapore who has a brother to discuss quantum physics, relativity and other sciences with. Discovery Channel, Nat Geo and Animal Planet, History are the only tv I watch.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 13:15   Link #1922
Fishfood1

i think you all realized that too much serious stuff in a not-so serious show does not mix well
you end up talking about more science than it's needed.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 13:19   Link #1923
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
i think you all realized that too much serious stuff in a not-so serious show does not mix well
you end up talking about more science than it's needed.
I actually love a hilarious science show lol

Science is fun, it has always been fun even when serious lol, at least not when you're doing it yourself

If I wasn't a Singaporean, I would have worked towards becoming a physicist.

Old 2009-03-22, 13:23   Link #1924
Fishfood1

i never said it wasn't fun , i'm just saying that when saintessheart put up like a 2 screen long post all on theory and science about AI and brain, it ends up too serious.

science + hilarious show is fine, but too serious of a discussion kinda ruins the mood.

roof>bed
Old 2009-03-22, 13:24   Link #1925
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I don't know, I think you provide too much information and the extra info doesn't help in arguments lol

I'm one of the few people in Singapore who has a brother to discuss quantum physics, relativity and other sciences with. Discovery Channel, Nat Geo and Animal Planet, History are the only tv I watch.
And even then, the History Channel gets cluttered up with all sorts of pseudoscientific nonsense... (Well, there's a bit on the Discovery Channel, but HisChan takes the cake for the sheer amount of junk that's on.)
EDIT: I just realized I said HisChan... sounds like some male chauvinist image board.

PS I'm Malaysian, and I am working towards being a physicist... It's tough, and there probably won't be any jobs waiting for me when I go home. I should've done Creative Writing or Journalism or something.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 13:49   Link #1926
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
And even then, the History Channel gets cluttered up with all sorts of pseudoscientific nonsense... (Well, there's a bit on the Discovery Channel, but HisChan takes the cake for the sheer amount of junk that's on.)
EDIT: I just realized I said HisChan... sounds like some male chauvinist image board.

PS I'm Malaysian, and I am working towards being a physicist... It's tough, and there probably won't be any jobs waiting for me when I go home. I should've done Creative Writing or Journalism or something.
HisChan sounds weirdly awesome lol, I have a sudden bit of of inspiration for DisChan, but lost it when typing.

I mainly rotate the channels for some good science, usually ending up watching lots of Mythbusters, I don't know how many times I've rewatched the earlier series.

Yea I really hate our SEAsian countries, we can't find exciting jobs and we can't learn exciting stuff because of that. Business is the only thing to go around here.

I'm learning art despite Singapore not being so good at art and I'm not sure what will happen lol

Old 2009-03-22, 13:53   Link #1927
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I actually love a hilarious science show lol

Science is fun, it has always been fun even when serious lol, at least not when you're doing it yourself

If I wasn't a Singaporean, I would have worked towards becoming a physicist.
Well, I am from the same red dot as you are, and I initially wanted to become a physicist too. But I am stronger in language and critique, and I totally suck at maths (I got an F grade in College Maths), so I am thinking about getting a degree in either Sociology or Law first.

Singapore is a talent export centre. Over here, you learn what you need, consolidate what you believe, then go out and screw the world upside down. After all, being a small country, and with 40 years of manipulating the "natural resource of human minds", we need to export something for money. And that would be us, the "'educated' products of society".

And being a Haruhiist, I believe it is my onus to go out there and spread excitement around the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
^then who's a suitable subject for the experiment then?
Takane. She has the figure, though only around 1/100 of the moe Honoka generates, but that should be enough.

We keep Sakura because she is an active ingredient in experiments like these.

Quote:
I haven't been watching Discovery for a long time (I get my stuff from Google and Wikipedia). But it would certainly be nice if it is free.

Quote:
As far as I know, you are going to suffer if you do something too pragmatic. I know someone who practiced Law for 5 years then dumped his credentials to become a hawker. He exchanged 70% of his original pay for happiness, and I believe that he made a worthy investment. After all, in life the ultimate pursuit is still happiness.

Quote:
I'm learning art despite Singapore not being so good at art and I'm not sure what will happen lol
I don't know if I am fit to give you any advice, being a high school flunkout and born loser, but here is something. Make a difference. Humans can't live without art and entertainment, but they always constantly seek something interesting, new and different. Your style is what you create anyway.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 13:58   Link #1928
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

I watch Mythbusters not because their stuff is particularly scientific, but because it's really and truly entertaining, unlike most everything on TV.

I'll probably end up writing for some dead end tabloid with a readership of about 10, but hey, I'll be happy. To tell the truth, I really wanted to do something to do with writing, because I wasn't sure if I could handle the maths involved for physics. However my dad persuaded my to take physics since I'd always had an affinity for the subject since secondary school...

Hmm... Perhaps I could be the Grant Imahara of Mythbusters Malaysia... But then I'd have to be employed by a crappy Malaysian channel... Damn.
Old 2009-03-22, 14:01   Link #1929
Fishfood1

Quote:
Takane. She has the figure, though only around 1/100 of the moe Honoka generates, but that should be enough.

We keep Sakura because she is an active ingredient in experiments like these.
KiNA and whom ever else chose takane as their waifu will kill you for saying that
i'll just sit back and eat popcorn while watching the killing fireworks

technically takane appeals to people who aren't a lolicon, so while honoka is moe to you, but it may not apply to other people.

roof>bed
Old 2009-03-22, 14:03   Link #1930
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Mythbuster is the best example of awesomely funny science. Time Warp is somewhere there, more interesting than funny though.

Sorakake Chit Chat and Waifu Discussion Thread, I think it should be renamed.

Remember to switch off your lights for Earth Hour.

Old 2009-03-22, 14:07   Link #1931
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Isn't Earth Hour next Saturday?

Haha, the new thread name should be: Science and Waifu discussions remotely related to Sora Kake Girl.
Old 2009-03-22, 14:10   Link #1932
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yea next Saturday, I've been telling people to switch off lights lol

Old 2009-03-22, 14:40   Link #1933
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I don't exactly like Mythbusters. They just take small stuff, blow it up to make it look important, then PASS a conclusion.

One good example I remember watching is Carlos' Hathcock (the sniper with the longest range kill in the 20th century) scope-shooting replication. They have to replicate the entire scenario twice, and they used different rifles before reaching a "Plausible" verdict. One thing they forgot is the twist rate of the barrel, and some other firearms related properties that can affect the bullet. Another one is the bulletproof glass, there are different kinds of bulletproof glasses used, but the common ones are layered.

They test interesting stuff, but they rarely go all the way to replicate the conditions.

And yes, this discussion thread should be renamed. xD

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-03-22, 14:44   Link #1934
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
I don't exactly like Mythbusters. They just take small stuff, blow it up to make it look important, then PASS a conclusion.

One good example I remember watching is Carlos' Hathcock (the sniper with the longest range kill in the 20th century) scope-shooting replication. They have to replicate the entire scenario twice, and they used different rifles before reaching a "Plausible" verdict. One thing they forgot is the twist rate of the barrel, and some other firearms related properties that can affect the bullet. Another one is the bulletproof glass, there are different kinds of bulletproof glasses used, but the common ones are layered.

They test interesting stuff, but they rarely go all the way to replicate the conditions.

You have not watched enough Mythbusters. Adam will rage if he hears what you say, Jamie doesn't care though.

Anyway the waifu system now has a divorce feature, anyone can do a divorce. I established that with a newer system in the Queen's Blade Thread, so I patched the system here with the new feature as well.

I'm the AS Marriage Registry.

Old 2009-03-22, 15:08   Link #1935
Fishfood1

Quote:
maybe you should request for a new thread for it (good luck though)

Quote:
I'm the AS Marriage Registry.
maybe you should have the new title under your name with it

/end off topic

roof>bed
Old 2009-03-22, 20:43   Link #1936
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Sorakake Chit Chat and Waifu Discussion Thread, I think it should be renamed.
No stern warning for the off topic conversation because there's at least some attempt to keep it related to the show (just barely, but meh). With the slow releases and having everything up until now discussed to death, it's understandable that boredom will set in.

Now if the thread becomes nothing but personal discussion then a warning will be given to cut the chatter. But for now a little bit of off topic is ok, so long as people try to tie it into discussion of the show.

The rules can be bent a little bit here, but only to a point. I hope everyone understands that.
Old 2009-03-23, 04:11   Link #1937
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

that being said i wonder whats taking them so long to release the subs? I mean finals weeks is already finished.well mine is but dunno about the other.
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 05:14   Link #1938
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

What do you mean? They just released subbed ep 11 yesterday =/
Old 2009-03-24, 06:17   Link #1939
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

It takes more than a week for them to come up with the subs, and people get turned off waiting.

Lucky for me, I am also watching White Album, Akikan, Minami-Ke, G00, Toaru and Clannad, though the first and the last few are ending and I only have Hayate No Gotoku to replace them. I think I might get turned off waiting too, but ah, what the heck, Honoka's cuddliness and Sakura's perverted fetishisms are worth waiting for.

P.S Man I will miss Clannad when the last episode ends this week. It is a pity that Satchan and Mitchan can't replace the Fuji twins.

Old 2009-03-24, 07:42   Link #1940
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

I was searching for an interesting anime to watch and i saw that this show was in te current section of the forum.
This show is so crazy i just love how they don't take it all too serious. Shivering balls, Not being able to perform, the standard comforting phrases. The time that main girl was having a drama moment talking about her not having any goals and where itsuki didn't really cared. The corny english. And besides all the fun stuff there is a whole tech world behind it. Pretty cool

Tags
shoujo, shoujou, shounen, sunrise