AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-30, 03:12   Link #81
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Is it similar to the following "seiyuu corner" from the PS3 version?

It's too bad they didn't have more time to talk about their roles, frankly.

Does "Uta wo Wasureta Idol" translate to "The Idol who forgot how to sing"? The baka-tsuki project at least partially translated that novel, but it didn't mention anything about that last bit you're mentioning in the last chapter.
Hmm... well it's in a different CD than the game, so it's like they're really talking with each other about the game content
if the one you show, it's like an atogaki, like an afterword, the PC version had it too

yep, that series....
I looked at the translation of baka-tsuki actually there several chapters that have two scripts right? one of it is the PS3 version (no ero line) and one of it is the PC version (have ero line) even though it's just a line without voice, they still avoid it being used in PS3 version

@Circlebutton
well, Setsuna's route is too beautiful to be happened.... it's like the super happy ending with a sudden conclusion...
like how after some pushing by Setsuna, suddenly Kazusa can get over Haruki and remain with them when in the past (or even in the Kazusa route) Kazusa clearly said that she IS the one that can't stand being with them, seeing them together...
oh well, for me I think in both route Kazusa would be the only one getting hurt (even in Kazusa route, but that pain can still be cured as she is with Haruki)
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 10:09   Link #82
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Spent half the day just sitting through Kazusa's true route. Whoo boy, Haruki, you crazy son of a... where do I even begin with this one?

Watching him burn every single bridge connected to everything he's built for five years just to be with Kazusa, to be in her small world that no one else belong, is gut wrenching. One scene I find very powerful is when Takeya was grasping for a shred of hope for Haruki to turn back, only to be left crying out in anguish when Haruki thanked him and bid him farewell instead. It says something of Haruki's conviction when he would even end his relation with his best friend for Kazusa's sake. I don't know, I really like Takeya, and felt pretty bad when even he had to go through that.

The epilogue really did it for me. It was poignant when, onboard the plane to Vienna, Haruki mentioned to Kazusa about forgetting to throw away his guitar. Then two years later in a video file attached to an email we see Setsuna, surrounded by friends (off-screen) and playing said instrument singing to Powder Snow, still cherishing her feelings for Haruki.

Words simply fail me. This is an amazing VN.
Old 2013-11-30, 13:50   Link #83
Key Board
Carbon

Maruto/script writer (paraphrased): When you make someone happy, there will be also people who will not, can not be happy as a result

The theme is Happiness (shiawase) and the opposite side of happiness (shiawase no mukogawa)
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 15:56   Link #84
Lyase

In IC Setsuna and Haruki never has sex, but he bedded touma
Lyase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 16:01   Link #85
iCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post
Spent half the day just sitting through Kazusa's true route. Whoo boy, Haruki, you crazy son of a... where do I even begin with this one?

Watching him burn every single bridge connected to everything he's built for five years just to be with Kazusa, to be in her small world that no one else belong, is gut wrenching. One scene I find very powerful is when Takeya was grasping for a shred of hope for Haruki to turn back, only to be left crying out in anguish when Haruki thanked him and bid him farewell instead. It says something of Haruki's conviction when he would even end his relation with his best friend for Kazusa's sake. I don't know, I really like Takeya, and felt pretty bad when even he had to go through that.

The epilogue really did it for me. It was poignant when, onboard the plane to Vienna, Haruki mentioned to Kazusa about forgetting to throw away his guitar. Then two years later in a video file attached to an email we see Setsuna, surrounded by friends (off-screen) and playing said instrument singing to Powder Snow, still cherishing her feelings for Haruki.

Words simply fail me. This is an amazing VN.
I agree, her route is definitely the best in the whole VN. Also, was the ending credits different for the PSP? When I played the PC version, Touma's True ending credits was the best drawn, most detailed,and had Coda under her title, while no other girl's true ending didn't.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 19:33   Link #86
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
I agree, her route is definitely the best in the whole VN. Also, was the ending credits different for the PSP? When I played the PC version, Touma's True ending credits was the best drawn, most detailed,and had Coda under her title, while no other girl's true ending didn't.
Unfortunately I'm playing the PC version so I really don't know. Wouldn't mind getting a copy of the PSVita release (all those new CGs!) just so I can play it again someday while on the go. Still, it's interesting how the developers put more attention on Kazusa's true end. Likely implying that's how WA2 should end.

On a side note, I think one of the many reasons why I like WA2 so much is because of its similarities to Norway no Mori, a novel by Haruki Murakami.
Old 2013-11-30, 21:38   Link #87
Sykes Kurosa

Hey all sorry to ask this but what do you think the chance is for an anime original adaption going for Touma? To be honest I am on the Touma train pretty hard and wanted to know what you guys thought of it. I am really not looking forward to an anime ending where everyone loses :-(.
Sykes Kurosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 02:08   Link #88
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Maruto/script writer (paraphrased): When you make someone happy, there will be also people who will not, can not be happy as a result

The theme is Happiness (shiawase) and the opposite side of happiness (shiawase no mukogawa)
this... another reason that I think WA2 is really for Kazusa true end...
after all, shiawase no mukougawa or the other side of the happiness is only happened in Kazusa's true end route
In Kazusa true, shiawase or happiness is talking about Kazusa and Haruki, while the other side is talking about Setsuna and friends
In Setsuna route, the last of it just about the happiness of Setsuna and Haruki, and no other side of that happiness (Kazusa with Youko ? nah... that can't even describe the other side of the happiness)
In Kazusa normal end (uwaki route), who is happy and who is on the other side? if the one happy is Kazusa and Haruki, then what is the story for the other side of it? Setsuna's story just begin after the happiness between Kazusa and Haruki ended, while Setsuna and Haruki's happiness (?) just begin in the ending, and there's no story about the other side of it (the ending just shows Kazusa's concert in Japan again)

so.... the PS3 and PSV version really made it clear, whose ending WA2 is really for

had pre-ordered the PSV... now waiting for it to come...
Old 2013-12-01, 12:11   Link #89
carolrukawa

How much did it cost for PSV?
carolrukawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-03, 18:19   Link #90
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
Hmm... well it's in a different CD than the game, so it's like they're really talking with each other about the game content
if the one you show, it's like an atogaki, like an afterword, the PC version had it too
So is it a separate CD from the game, then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
yep, that series....
I looked at the translation of baka-tsuki actually there several chapters that have two scripts right? one of it is the PS3 version (no ero line) and one of it is the PC version (have ero line) even though it's just a line without voice, they still avoid it being used in PS3 version
But the baka-tsuki translation doesn't include the line that depicted what you said happened. Does that mean the translation for final chapter for that side story isn't finished after all?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 05:12   Link #91
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

for PSV it's around 9000 yen (?) in amazon.co.jp for the niitengo pack now...wow so expensive...
I think I bought it around 6000 yen at the preorder

yep, its a separate CD...

Well... its still partially finished, I have checked the baka-tsuki translation and there're two sections from some chapters in that episode right? all-ages and adult one.... that's the difference
Old 2013-12-05, 00:45   Link #92
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Lucky you. I was tempted to get it to, even if it's just for the special.
Old 2013-12-07, 16:13   Link #93
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

At the first when I pre-ordered it, there's still no info about that special.... I just want Kazusa's niitengo (heck if I can I want to sell my Setsuna, lol) and I even bought PSV just for the sake of playing this... just like Naba-san lol
but then suddenly they included that too, yeay~
Old 2013-12-08, 23:24   Link #94
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

They played Habuki Risato's audition recordings for Kazusa and Setsuna on this week's radio.
Old 2013-12-09, 03:52   Link #95
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
They played Habuki Risato's audition recordings for Kazusa and Setsuna on this week's radio.
Could you provide us a link to the WA2 radio show archives again?

I'd definitely like to know if other previous Leaf alumni applied for the roles in WA2. Shizuka Itou is very famous for her portrayal of Tamaki Kousaka from To Heart 2, and she would have done great as a WA2 heroine in my view.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 09:35   Link #96
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
lol, since Nabatame Hitomi as Kazusa and Yonezawa Madoka as Setsuna has deeply carved in my heart, I don't quite feeling it when hearing her as Kazusa or Setsuna...
but I would like to hear Yonezawa Madoka played as Kazusa or how Nabatame Hitomi first voice when she took the audition before her voice should become lower

I'm now waiting for the fifth radio cd special.... they really include Kamikawa Yuu and I-forget-the-name-but-also-fans-of-WA2-and-have-appeared-in-the-radio-as-well to be the guest.... those two really shows the feelings of us, fans of WA2 and really really talked and give much impression

sadly....why is it until now there's no showing Koharu's seiyuu at all.... Mari, Chiaki, Io, Tomo and other girls had even come once or twice...

@Mazryonh
I don't think there's a leak in who took the audition... it just happened in this week as they had talked that some of the seiyuu of the WA characters were actually taken from those who took the audition of Kazusa or Setsuna.... and from that, they would be decided to take another role... (and like Terashima Takumi who actually take the audition of Haruki but become Takeya's seiyuu and Haruki's role taken by Mizushima Takahiro)
Old 2013-12-09, 19:26   Link #97
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

The radio downloads.

I'm still waiting for radio vol.4. D:

Yunechan and Naba do each other's voices all the time on radio and such, and Yunechan is actually somewhat serious when she does it. I hope they'd play Naba's singing audition though.
Old 2013-12-10, 08:56   Link #98
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

lol looks like Yone-chan always act serious especially towards White Album 2... she's really enthusiast in doing her role as Setsuna, while Naba-san can't get into serious mode if not for the anime itself... lol
I actually like when they used their roles' voice (Naba as Kazusa and Yone as Setsuna) when talk in the radio.... sadly that event has died....

really.... why don't they include a song for Kazusa (at least one) maybe Closing with Naba's voice of Kazusa....
i hope in the upcome anime there'll be chara song for Kazusa (Naba-san)

finally my PSV games come.... time to replay it again~
Old 2013-12-10, 22:36   Link #99
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

A special WA2 radio CD is coming out for comiket 85, featuring Emma and Ryouko, who while both have roles in WA2, were also the personalities of Mizoraji (To Heart 2's radio), the Aquaplus official radio until it got more or less replaced by WA2's radio show. The CD is dubbed The Revenge of Mizoraji. This is gonna be fun.
Old 2013-12-10, 23:07   Link #100
hyperknees91

Almost finished coda. Just got Setsuna's true ending to go.

To me the only proper ending is the Uwaki route. Call me crazy but I feel like it's the perfect deconstruction of Haruki's character (It shows what he gets for being such a busybody trying to please everyone). Hopefully the anime follows this route as it's certainly the most dramatic as well (as I hear Setsuna's is much happier).

This whole visual novel is about inducing rage anyway, so might as well go with the most rage inducing route. It also more of a balance and will piss off both shippers instead of just one. I feel like they just made the true endings for shippers really anyway. I guess the visual novel didn't have the balls to have one true ending like other visual novels and risk leaving players incredibly bitter depending on which side they were on.
hyperknees91 is offline   Reply With Quote