AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-10-10, 08:53   Link #241
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I don't see anyone having a go at your work, but i just don't see any problem at all. I've watched the sub around four times so far (yeah, i know :3) i just don't see any problems.

As for the Black-board messages, i like what they've done to capture the PPD spirit - though i can understand how translating them would be a bit of a pain. I guess its all upto you if you want to sub them or not.
Old 2006-10-10, 09:03   Link #242
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo
Another problem people had was our translation. Trust me people, our translator really did her best. Unlike most translators out there who are like what, around their 20s? She's just a 15 year old Filipino high school girl. So, cut the girl some slack :x
You got editors/ translator checkers? Or are a couple of people filling multiple roles? If you need someone to check the english I'd be willing to do that, since I'm rather good with my native language (spelling, grammar etc..)
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 09:17   Link #243
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Looks like someone doesn't undertstand what 'New art-style' & 'New storyline' mean.
I dunno - I thought it was pretty faithful in style to the new manga (so far - the new manga hasn't introduced Negi to his new class that I remember) - though I've only seen the "zero chapter".
As for the original manga - I still think this one is more faithful to the spirit of the original manga than the first one was. The first series went for "Love Hina with bits of Bleach" whereas the manga is much more "Bleach with bits of Love Hina".

EDIT: As for the blackboard messages - I would just translate them, no reason to look up the reference or anything. The purpose of the messages is to be a "geek test" - either you get them or you don't. I doubt it'll matter much, unlike PPD, Negima doesn't usually spend a lot of time in the classroom.
Old 2006-10-10, 09:18   Link #244
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
I think you're confused on your names here Nodoka is the shy girl who is uncomfortable around men. Konoka is the girl Setsuna protects
Yes, thank you. My brain crapped out on me for that instant it seems... >_>;
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 09:23   Link #245
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark'
Yes, thank you. My brain crapped out on me for that instant it seems... >_>;
No worries, it happens to me all the time. Probably too much alcohol abuse in my teen years
Old 2006-10-10, 10:37   Link #246
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I think that it would be nice to know what's on the blackboard. "Geek test" or not, it is a part of the series. If the creators put that much thought into it, we should know and understand what they are saying to us imo.

Edit: Sorry guys, it was a misspell.

Last edited by orion; 2006-10-10 at 10:59.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 10:45   Link #247
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i dnt quite understand...why call the stuff written on the blackboard a geek fest/test? was it because it was difficult to translate or somming?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 10:49   Link #248
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo View Post
We're a new group so we don't know any better D: This is our 1st project so the 1st ep was basically our experiment. :x Next ep though, I'm pretty sure we'll do better. Hopefully no more chalkboards with random refernces... >_>

Problem with the 1st version were mainly just the vid quality. When BillyG was trying to encode the raw, he got problems so he asked around, everyone said he just need to strip a code out. And when he did, video quality went up and sound quality went down. Took us awhile to figure out what was wrong, but we've got it fixed :x Like we were content with that video quality ourselves, geez~ ;o

Another problem people had was our translation. Trust me people, our translator really did her best. Unlike most translators out there who are like what, around their 20s? She's just a 15 year old Filipino high school girl. So, cut the girl some slack :x
I actually didn't see much of the "video blockiness" you said you had problems with in the encoding.

As far as the translation went, there were a few lines that I thought were *entertainingly odd* but not "incorrect". Tell her she did fine for her first time out.
I won't bother reviewing v1 but if I see anything in v2, I might PM you some *suggestions* for her. Translation is an artform... for example, she has to decide how literal she wants to be - or does she want to take some liberties and translate the spirit of what was said? Phrases like "gambatte" or even "wakarimashita" can have a dozen different translations depending on the situation.

Main thing is to have FUN with it --- too many fangroups burn out because it stops being FUN.
Old 2006-10-10, 11:01   Link #249
orion

I agree with Vexx. Have fun with it. And, your website is truly amazing, by the way.
Old 2006-10-10, 11:02   Link #250
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
i dnt quite understand...why call the stuff written on the blackboard a geek fest/test? was it because it was difficult to translate or somming?
It's because you have to have seen hundred's of different anime to get all the obscure little references to the things on the blackboard and so on in a series like PPD. Hence, you probably spend more time than is healthy watching anime and would likely be labelled as a 'geek/ otaku' depending on country.

Hell, I've seen well over 200 series so far and I still only picked up maybe 10% of all the references and parodies in PPD A lot of it is in reference to really old and classic stuff though, which I haven't seen much of (Evangelion is probably one of the earliest I've seen).
Old 2006-10-10, 11:05   Link #251
Skane
Anime Snark

The lower video quality is quite obvious when you compare it with screenshots from the RAW( from Matthew's Anime Blog for example).

Cheers.

ADD] That said, I am still glad that Mahora is fansubbing.
Old 2006-10-10, 11:07   Link #252
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow, yet again - Matthew's did a brilliant job with blogging the first episode. :3
Old 2006-10-10, 11:15   Link #253
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi

Send a message via MSN to Takemaru Send a message via Yahoo to Takemaru
New episode is gonna air tomorrow. So i think that subbed will be ready day after tomorrow?
Takemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 11:41   Link #254
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
The lower video quality is quite obvious when you compare it with screenshots from the RAW( from Matthew's Anime Blog for example).

Cheers.

ADD] That said, I am still glad that Mahora is fansubbing.
oye.... I see. I was still trying to decide what was "artsy watercolor effect" and what was video artifact evil. Oye, I say.
Old 2006-10-10, 12:05   Link #255
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I guess it might be worth pointing out that the HD broadcast doesn't actually use an HD master (i.e. it was upscaled by the network), so you might be just as well-off releasing in a more usual resolution. That being said, I've noticed a lot of groups releasing upscales, so maybe encoders find merit in doing so...

Anyway, for what it's worth, count me among those who like the changes and the new artstyle, even though I'm a fan of the original manga too. Looking forward to the next episode.
I relized that after watching the raw. Since I encode I wont release the upslaced version but it nice to work from
Old 2006-10-10, 12:09   Link #256
martino
makes no files now

Is this worth watching if I've seen the original and loved it???
Old 2006-10-10, 12:11   Link #257
Takemaru
Helpfull Chibi

Send a message via MSN to Takemaru Send a message via Yahoo to Takemaru
If you really like Negima series just watch it Like me
Takemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 12:23   Link #258
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The original had some merits (episode 19, the OP, occasional splashes of what it could have done) ... but really... unless you're obsessive compulsive about the anime matching the manga frame by frame - you'll probably drop your jaw in a good way at what seems to be about to transpire with this new series.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-10-10 at 13:20.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 12:29   Link #259
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
It's because you have to have seen hundred's of different anime to get all the obscure little references to the things on the blackboard and so on in a series like PPD. Hence, you probably spend more time than is healthy watching anime and would likely be labelled as a 'geek/ otaku' depending on country.

Hell, I've seen well over 200 series so far and I still only picked up maybe 10% of all the references and parodies in PPD A lot of it is in reference to really old and classic stuff though, which I haven't seen much of (Evangelion is probably one of the earliest I've seen).

And did you take a look at the ones that were on Matthew's Anime Blog from ep. 1?

"Da bomb!" That was truly funny!
Old 2006-10-10, 12:48   Link #260
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
And did you take a look at the ones that were on Matthew's Anime Blog from ep. 1?
Nope, because I won't read a blog before I've seen the episode in question, and that won't be for a while yet, unfortunately.