AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 38 44.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 34.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 15.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.18%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-20, 21:50   Link #41
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krln99 View Post
Did anyone else notice that cool fat green bird with the Char (from Gundam) mask in Konata's room? It was in the last episode as well. I really think it's funny and cute. It's kind of like Kagami's Bonta-kun.
It's a large version of "彗星ヒヨコ" (Suisei Hiyoko) from the Gundam parody 4-koma manga "機動戦士ガンダムさん" It's in my EP19 Ref post part I, where I have a picture of it.

I really want a purple one... I thinking its probably a hard to find item.
Old 2007-08-20, 21:51   Link #42
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
I still don't get why no guys wanted to confess to Tsukasa. The other 3 I understand, but Tsukasa's the kind of girl a least a dozen guy wants in a Japanese HS. Come on Shiraishi... work it!
Maybe it's because of her sisters being protective? And I'll kill Shiraishi is he hits on her, she's my fiance!
Old 2007-08-20, 21:52   Link #43
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I've already specifically explained what they were referring to. But it seems nobody ever reads my posts, do they?
Say say say, Kinny-san. I read your post diligently.
Old 2007-08-20, 21:55   Link #44
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

I.. I...
Spoiler for ill die:
Old 2007-08-20, 22:04   Link #45
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Lucky Star is back to hopping around as though the storyboard has Tourette's. *sigh* Oh, well. Not really any moments I found outstanding, but there was a lot of good, and the low periods weren't boring. I confess I had some warm fuzzies when the entire group was finally together.

My reaction to the Haruhi commercial was as follows.

"What's cleavage doing in my Lucky Star?!...Oh, it's Haruhi...OK, now I'm feeling Kaioshin-rage, this is TOO MUCH--and Haruhi's breasts are not so enormous as that... Oh, it seems to be self-satire...I can live with that, but I could have done without it."
Not surprisingly, that Haruhi insert was bound to cross the "Line of Tolerability" for some people, like you and Kaioshin (whose line for this show is set so low that it's almost always crossed ). It has not crossed mine, but Shiraishi's live action ED this week came close.

Quote:
The Air references in Lucky Channel were great, but I was so tired when I saw it, I couldn't figure out what they were referencing! I'm a huge fan of Air, so I'm very ashamed of myself, but I'm blaming it on the fact that I hadn't had my nap.
I had to replay that scene to make sure if I wasn't dreaming when I heard Akira-sama going "piko~". Now if only Ono can go yelling "Ramen Setto!!!"

Quote:
Say say say, Kinny-san. I read your post diligently.
Ah, you've replied before I had the chance to remove that comment after having second thoughts. Let's just pretend I never said that.
Old 2007-08-20, 22:05   Link #46
phantom_ryder

Ahhh I loved the Yutaka / Minami scene too! I really liked this episode for some reason... maybe I just needed a good dose of good old lucky star just now lol.
I'll be sad when its all over...
Old 2007-08-20, 22:15   Link #47
Alesiopdv
True Believer of Haruhi

Sigh, only four more to go.

"Todo concluye al fin no es eterna la vida.
Todo tieen un final, todo termina"

Dont know the song? Too bad, it sure fits the soon-to-be gainax-ending for this series.

THe Miyakawa sisters and the sensei Sakuraba almost didnt appear. A second season of Lucky Star is improbable so..

"This is the end. My only friend the end"

How sad.
Old 2007-08-20, 22:19   Link #48
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Not surprisingly, that Haruhi insert was bound to cross the "Line of Tolerability" for some people, like you and Kaioshin (whose line for this show is set so low that it's almost always crossed ). It has not crossed mine, but Shiraishi's live action ED this week came close.
I've actually not minded at all any of the Haruhi moments in the series, until that point. I think it was too much, but the fact that they really seemed to be poking fun at their own Haruhi-insertion made it passable for me.

Also, the depiction bothered me. I'm a traditional male, and cannot fathom ever being bothered by an increase in breast size... but the nerd in me kept screaming "OFF MODEL! OFF MODEL!!"

Quote:
I had to replay that scene to make sure if I wasn't dreaming when I heard Akira-sama going "piko~". Now if only Ono can go yelling "Ramen Setto!!!"
You sir, have the distinguished honor of being Very Right. I think if I'd heard that, my heart might have stopped beating.

I confess, even Ono's very depiction here made me laugh.
Old 2007-08-20, 22:39   Link #49
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I thought the Anime Ono came across as especially gay... perhaps they've finally realize that the only glaring hole for L*S for total and utter otaku domnation was the lack of a BL pair; we have a short, ugly guy called Shiraishi playing solo for 19 weeks now. So Now they've figure out that they've need TWO guys to make a YAOI fantasy, so they've brought out the seiyuu of everyone's favorite ambiguously gay chara, "Make it like a Tree" Itsuki. Oh brilliance... now even BL Day in future COMIKET will have Lucky Star presence.

So the big (fujoshi) question is, who's seme and who's uke? Please refer to this blog post from one of my favorite blogs for terminology reference.

I think some may think Shiraishi is automatically seme, being so dorky and, well, MALE. From this angle I conclude that Shiraishi is へたれ攻め (hetare-zeme); or a seme who is reluctant or hopeless. If Ono is uke, then he is surely オレ様受け(ore-sama-uke), or an uke who's quite arrogant and narcissistic. I can see Ono call himself Ore-sama. If the role is reversed, I can see Ono being a 鬼畜攻め (kichiku-zeme), or a cold, perverted, brutal seme, while Shiraishi being just a regular, Shota-like uke.

Well either way, Hiroyi must be a happy camper. She gets Yuri AND Yaoi in the same show.
Old 2007-08-20, 22:45   Link #50
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've quit rating episodes of this show, since I love them all. They're all nines, I guess, for me.

There is so much to like: the ideas, the characters, the animation, the character design, the voices, the gentle pace, the sweet romance between Yuu-chan and Minami-chan (which I agree will go little further than it has).

One of the nice throwaway lines this week: Kona-chan's quiet naruhodo ("Ah, I see...") when Miyuki's mom revealed how dojikko she was herself.

I can't claim to have loved Shiraishi in the ED, but I found Kaorin's smiling attempts to follow him really charming. I liked it that the main part of the show was a bit longer this week.

And I agree that it would be great to see Itoshiki-sensei show up. Was it just coincidence that the same scenic spot was mentioned in both shows (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and this)?

Someone mentioned the hands seeming poorly done last week, and since I particularly loved the hands in episode 1, I looked carefully this week. I find the way hands are blobby but extremely well animated once they move very interesting. I think this is part of the visual structure of the show, one of the ways Yamakan came up with to keep costs down while still providing occasional KyoAni awesomeness.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-08-20, 23:00   Link #51
takumi2k4

Finally saw the subs, and this is really is a great episode. It was really hilarious to see that even Konata can see the Minami x Yutaka thing going on, too bad she's too blind to see that she's in the same boat with them, with obviously you know who. And yes, I still believe!!!

Konata x Kagami FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozenMaidenSK View Post
I.. I...
Spoiler for ill die:
Can anybody vector this or make it a wallpaper? The whole image is just waiting for a wallpaper treatment! Anybody willing to do it?

With Kaorin in every ED with Shiraishi in it, can we assume that something is going on between the two? I highly doubt that their appearances are solely because they're in the same show. Shiraishi has written a song for her, coupled with her looking like a bride, this time he sings about a bride, anybody see the pattern here?

Kinny, I think you should book a flight to Japan already, you may be too late...

As for an Shiraishi X Daisuke, I hope to God it doesn't happen, there can only be one partner for Daisuke, and that is none other than Tomokazu Sugita! Kyon X Itsuki FTW!

Last edited by takumi2k4; 2007-08-21 at 08:52. Reason: Got the names wrong... lol!
Old 2007-08-20, 23:07   Link #52
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

Quote:
Can anybody vector this or make it a wallpaper? The whole image is just waiting for a wallpaper treatment! Anybody willing to do it?
That would be on my desktop in 3 seconds ...
Hope someone will do wall from it... Anyoneee pleeasee ;_;
Old 2007-08-21, 00:16   Link #53
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Talking

10/10...thats goes without saying,every episode of Lucky Star also will get full 10 from me =D

LoL-ed at some facts in this episode

Spoiler:

And among the quote from the game that Konata played

Spoiler:

And what's with the "strengthening the arm to lock the mosquito from flying away"...i never heard something like that...

Love the fireworks scenery..along with Yutaka-Minami scenes..

To think that Lucky Star only left with another 4 episodes...i really wish they make a new season for it T.T
Old 2007-08-21, 01:34   Link #54
Omfgbbqwtf

O wow... After this episode, I no longer understand what is the relationship between Yutaka and Minami. I mean... you can say that they are just extremely good friends, and since Minami doesn't seem to have many friends, she becomes extremely attached to Yutaka. You can also say that they both have some sort of "beyond the friendship" feeling towards each other... even Konata senses it.

Anyway, another awsome episode. I ma give it..... a 9.
Old 2007-08-21, 01:36   Link #55
•••Shadow•••
Love hater

love-love ^-^ (AT LEAST I REALLY HOPE FOR THAT)
And this episode..... aaah~ *daydreaming*
Old 2007-08-21, 01:37   Link #56
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calawain View Post
Spoiler for Ep 20:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-21, 02:13   Link #57
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
lol, did anyone notice? is this meant to be katsura-sensei? (from hayate)

or is it a coincidence...

禁則事項です
Old 2007-08-21, 02:28   Link #58
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Its just a coincidence i guess,since the real Katsura sensei from HnG got something like a mole on her forehead isn't it..

Anyway to think that all the 4 main girls are using the same yutaka from episode 5...i wonder if girls in Japan have only 1 yutaka with them?
Old 2007-08-21, 02:30   Link #59
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
lol, did anyone notice? is this meant to be katsura-sensei? (from hayate)

or is it a coincidence...
The 2chers didn't list this as a reference. I'm sure if they feel it was legit, especially for a current series, they would have put it in.
Old 2007-08-21, 02:38   Link #60
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omfgbbqwtf View Post
O wow... After this episode, I no longer understand what is the relationship between Yutaka and Minami. I mean... you can say that they are just extremely good friends, and since Minami doesn't seem to have many friends, she becomes extremely attached to Yutaka. You can also say that they both have some sort of "beyond the friendship" feeling towards each other... even Konata senses it.

Anyway, another awsome episode. I ma give it..... a 9.
I think of it more like a sibling-like relationship (onee-sama - imouto, etc...), seen in some highschool comedy/drama.
Closed Thread