AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-09, 18:23   Link #1
Shirozakii

Are these two animes worth watching

I'm about to watch Seirei no moribito and Planet ES . Possibly both at the same time. I was wondering if theya re good or bad.

I really like animes with a good story line or with some thought behind it such as Ergo Proxy or Death note and maybe even Code Geass or Wolf's Rain.

I didn't like Lucky Star or Bamboo Blade as much because its jsut about cute girls and etc.

So, are they worth watching? Graphics matter a lot too, i hate one-slash action scenes like in Tsubasa Chronicles.

Last edited by xris; 2008-03-10 at 03:43. Reason: Please edit your own mistakes....
Old 2008-03-09, 18:31   Link #2
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Seirei is known for it's spectacular animation. Planetes doesn't have any action but from what I hear it's an amazing human tale. I haven't seen either but have plans for both.
Old 2008-03-09, 18:38   Link #3
DesoNoto

1 word.....YES!
Old 2008-03-09, 18:44   Link #4
james0246

Both anime are licensed, so I assume you mean that you are renting/buying the DVDs some time soon, and are wondering if the series are good . (i.e. do not say download...)

Planetes is a pseudo-great slice-of-life/seinen sci-fi series dealing with an intense socio-political future, it is fairly similiar to Patlabor (if you have seen it), so expect a slow-pace with gradual plot progress and little action.

Seirei no Moribito is a damn good fantasy series somewhat similiar to 12 Kingdoms. Nice political manipulations abound, backed with some stunning visuals. One of the best titles from last year.
Old 2008-03-09, 18:57   Link #5
Shirozakii

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Both anime are licensed, so I assume you mean that you are renting/buying the DVDs some time soon, and are wondering if the series are good . (i.e. do not say download...)
Yes, excuse my typo.

But nevertheless, I've already decided to buy Seirei no Moribito, can everyone give me more descriptions on PlanetES? Is it romance/philisophical/"coming-of-age"/conspiracy/comedy and etc? All of the above?

Last edited by Shirozakii; 2008-03-09 at 19:32.
Old 2008-03-09, 19:07   Link #6
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Is it romance/philisophical/"coming-of-age"/conspiracy/comedy and etc? All of the above?
All of the above. Seriously. Reasons to watch it? One of the best developed characters in anime, very solid art, it's sci-fi but it doesn't defy laws of physics on every turn (e.g. there is no sound in space in Planetes), main storyline that can make viewers think plus many virtually standalone episodes which are very good in their own right. Not much action, realism is a key feature despite the series being sci-fi.

Closed Thread