AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-11-07, 18:53   Link #61
christinemarie
Crazy One

Chapter 258 just produced more questions but gives some slight hint on what to expect for the next few chapters.
Since the next chapter is about Wendy's master, Grandine, I expect Grandine to be in a high level state of Fairy Sphere that Mavis created hidden below the Fairy Tail guild as Master Makarov just showed Gildarts their deepest secret, it's like comparing Ur's Ice magic that frozen Deliora for a very long time and since then it was contained for a very long time, then that would only mean Wendy, Natsu, and Gajeel are born a very long time ago and been trained by those Dragons and probably either time warped or Fairy Sphered. (I find it interesting in the last seven years, no one have attempted to check the Fairy Tail guild and its hidden dungeon below) I wonder what's the connection between Wendy and Mavis and those Sabertooth members are actually Dragon Slayers or just attempting to idolized by copying the real dragon slayers then improvising their skill set, but one of those guys just ate an arrow?
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 19:04   Link #62
Etheral

christinemarie no one checked the dungeon because it was hidden as stated by makarov.

Edit: Even your own post acknowledges it to be hidden. I guess you mean why nobody thought to look for hidden stuff in the guild? If they did find it, makarov is using quite a powerful seal on it, because only he was able to do it. (hinted at by hand gestures of makarov)

Last edited by Etheral; 2011-11-11 at 15:27.
Etheral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 20:14   Link #63
White Silver King
The Isley

I don't think Grandine is in the basement. She is obviously indisposed (why else would be appear to Igneel in a sprite form?) but for her to be in the basement and Makarov to not tell Wendy? That'd just be cruel. Besides, whatever is in the basement has something to do with Lumen Etoile. That would hold no relevance if Grandine was in a Fairy Sphere, especially since I think Lumen is a person.
Old 2011-11-07, 20:57   Link #64
immblueversion

I don't know why people think this "Lumen Etoile" is a person. I think Makarov explicitly stated that it was something that was written. It's probably some kind of scripture, maybe written on a giant rock.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 23:19   Link #65
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Well, Etoile is French for star. And Lumen refers to light, so perhaps... bright star? Would be interesting if it was in contrast to Hade's dark heart, and his belief that the origins of magic are dark.

I don't think any dragons are in Fairy Sphere's; Grandine probably wouldn't have been able to communicate with Igneel otherwise.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 22:49   Link #66
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
I don't know why people think this "Lumen Etoile" is a person. I think Makarov explicitly stated that it was something that was written. It's probably some kind of scripture, maybe written on a giant rock.
For me, it's just that it sounds like a name.
Old 2011-11-09, 10:07   Link #67
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
For me, it's just that it sounds like a name.
Just like how people thought "Acknowlogia" was a spell until it turned out to be a frickin' dragon? Granted, we had very little way of knowing otherwise, but still.

Old 2011-11-09, 18:48   Link #68
White Silver King
The Isley

I always thought Acnologia was a name...
Old 2011-11-14, 23:17   Link #69
immblueversion

Anyone else notice Gajeel didn't really show up in the latest chapter at all? Maybe he went for a long-overdue "meeting" with Raven Tail's master Ivan, who I'm wondering whether or not he's caught on to the whole "double agent" bit by now.

That's not to say anything about all the other plot points that have arisen but not been touched upon that much at all, like what happened to Jellal, Ultear, Meldy, Zeref, and all the dark guilds who have all but fallen off the face of the earth, like Tartaros and the remnants of Grimoire Heart (Kain and Rusty are supposedly still out there). I wonder if any such loose plot threads will be addressed this upcoming arc. I also wonder if we get to see more of Lamia Scale and Blue Pegasus in action, considering they've risen up the ranks like crazy.

If there's anything I want to see, it's Jellal and Ultear meeting again. How would they react, especially Jellal, if he remembers her at all? Also, how would Erza react to meeting Ultear? After all, she should know by now that Ultear was the one behind Jellal's brainwashing (Azuma told her as much after getting beaten by her). Would she be as forgiving to her as Jellal? Because she seemed pretty damn upset back when she thought Zeref himself was responsible. Come to think of it, how would everyone whose lives were ruined as consequences of Zeref's actions react to seeing the self-hating emo boy? We shouldn't forget how it was one of Zeref's demons, Deliora, who destroyed Gray's home and led to Ur's sacrifice (even though he did end up making plenty of irreplaceable friends as a roundabout result).

Old 2011-11-15, 16:04   Link #70
White Silver King
The Isley

Well, Ultear is like a quadruple agent. First she was allied to the Council, then to Jellal, then to Hades, then to herself and Meredy and now to god knows who.
Old 2011-11-19, 00:54   Link #71
nestea2004

Send a message via AIM to nestea2004 Send a message via Yahoo to nestea2004
so, i'm on episode 104 now...and btw is it just me or does evergreen actually look fairly attractive now in this arc compared to the last she was in?
Old 2011-11-19, 08:20   Link #72
haegar
mangaviking

its gonna get a lot better still, look forward to it
Spoiler for Ever colored:
Old 2011-11-21, 18:18   Link #73
Etheral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestea2004 View Post
so, i'm on episode 104 now...and btw is it just me or does evergreen actually look fairly attractive now in this arc compared to the last she was in?
The animators love evergreen more than the manga author ever did and I don't mind Either that, or color makes a huge difference, because I don't remember thinking she ever looked that hot in the manga, but the anime gives her some pretty good angles.
Old 2012-01-07, 11:19   Link #74
Kaijo
Banned

I wanted to possibly get some feedback on this, since the anime just showed it, but... Fairy Glitter; what does it do?

Fairy Law is said to be the ultimate attack spell.
Fairy Sphere is the ultimate defense magic.

So what route is left for Fairy Glitter? It can't be just another attack spell.

My current theory is that, by calling on the stars, it affects destiny and reality itself, turning despair into hope in some fashion. Hence, when Cana used it, and with Gildarts being firmly on her mind, he showed up to save them. That was the form her strong wish of "save us" took.

Might explain why Laxus showed up later, too; it assisted in bringing him to the island, it just took him longer because he was farther away.
Old 2012-01-07, 14:42   Link #75
haegar
mangaviking

not sure. bluenote described what it supposedly does, like repell enemies or something? he might have been wrong of course? the way I remember the chap, I expected this ring of light around her to kinda "bounce" any evil intent person/enemy "away" - maybe off the island or such ...like send them flying or teleport them?

I'd have to reread the chapter.. but I rly don't think it summond gildartz and laxus... laxus was hinted at earlier before the spell, when Hades nearly killed makarov ... as for gildartz, I have no explanation, other than him being boss and showing up like one, or mashima NOT being boss and introducing characters like NOT being boss ...
Old 2012-01-07, 16:27   Link #76
Kaijo
Banned

I know Laxus was hinted at earlier, but how would he know to head directly to Tenrou Island, otherwise? All things considered, he got there fairly fast, within the same day.

And I just don't see the point of another offensive spell, when there is already one offensive spell that is said to be the best. Unless it had some effect on Bluenote (who might not have really known what it does) and he'll show up later, I can only surmise that it did something that wasn't readily apparent. Otherwise, the whole plotline of giving Cana Fairy Glitter would have been pointless.

The only other thing I can think of, is that Cana will gain use of it later and we'll see what it actually does, and so the plotline was just setting her up with it.
Old 2012-01-07, 17:04   Link #77
haegar
mangaviking

yes, so far the whole plotline of Kana having Fairy Glitter was essentially pointless. Except that it led to some family time, but then Gildartz ran away from that so it doesn't count.

Basically I feel unless Mashima brings back Kana's glitter, he screwed up with the two other great FT magics. Fairy Law is rly cool and all, high level master class spell.

Now Glitter might be cool, too but he trolled us by Kana not having the strength to use it properly, and then trolled us by forgetting about her and trolled us yet again by not including her in the powerup by Ultear which would have been perfect to bring her up to speed to finally use it. Oh, and he went and used up his 3rd FT magic as a mere plothax. A plothax by a ghost of a character who now left for good. So unless, I dunno, Mavis is bored and comes back, or accidentally somehwere Fairy Sphere is preserved, he wasted the third magic on a onetimer, and he half-heartedly introduced the second one only to not use it. :/

I get the feeling he doesnt rly take those FT magics seriously. Prly just something that sounded cool at the time of writing it....

Then again Kana might figure it out on her own during some battle... but sadly she seems kinda forgotten about atm.

Last edited by haegar; 2012-01-08 at 05:25. Reason: spelling, some changes
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 20:26   Link #78
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I know Laxus was hinted at earlier, but how would he know to head directly to Tenrou Island, otherwise? All things considered, he got there fairly fast, within the same day.

And I just don't see the point of another offensive spell, when there is already one offensive spell that is said to be the best. Unless it had some effect on Bluenote (who might not have really known what it does) and he'll show up later, I can only surmise that it did something that wasn't readily apparent. Otherwise, the whole plotline of giving Cana Fairy Glitter would have been pointless.

The only other thing I can think of, is that Cana will gain use of it later and we'll see what it actually does, and so the plotline was just setting her up with it.
I'm pretty sure that Cana did indeed fail to do anything with Fairy Glitter. The main point of her sub-plot seems to have been to pretty much to grind into dust the idea that one has to be "worthy" of one's parents. They're your parents and should love you, regardless of whether or not you have great achievements.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 11:33   Link #79
Kaijo
Banned

Another thought/theory occurred to me... Natsu ate lightning, from a lacrima-infused DS, and now is a Lightning/Flame DS. What if Gajeel and Wendy end up doing the same thing? The only other lacrima DS we know of, is the poison snake guy (and an anime filler arc is apparently going to focus on the snake who is now human). What if that person infuses Wendy or Gajeel? Sky/Poison DS? or Metal/Poison DS?

Or maybe Sting and Rogue will give their power to Wendy and Gajeel eventually; one of them seemed like a fan of Gajeel anyway. Curious to learn what "element" Sting and Rogue use, and thus how that might be incorporated into Wendy and Gajeel, possibly.
Old 2012-03-24, 12:16   Link #80
larethian

This speculation about Romeo 'being' Zeref in the anime thread, honestly, I've never thought of it. That will really be something interesting if it's true, assuming there's some kind of time slip or something like that. Though Mashima being Mashima, I seriously sometimes don't know whether something is a foreshadowing or a coincidence or plot hole. Though the good parts are really good despite those, I have to admit.

Oh, I just remembered a yet to be resolved foreshadowing on Natsu and Gajeel's true age.

Now, I'm really looking forward to that humongous arc that Mashima talked about.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote