AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-21, 14:59   Link #141
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitem View Post
Are there any reviews around for the game?
Some Japanese user reviews are up:
PlayStation mk2
Amazon PS3 version
Amazon Xbox 360 version

I guess the game didn't live up to expectations. The music and CGs have been praised. However, there are many complaints about a frustrating game design and mediocre story (drawn out and poorly paced story, uninteresting protagonist and characters, meltdown of an ending, etc.). A common sentiment is that it's a flawed work on its own and a complete disappointment following Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate.

I doubt the anime will launch with the same pre-release buzz as Steins;Gate. Nevertheless, I'm still looking forward to it.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 15:37   Link #142
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Thanks.

Wow, those are some rather dismal ratings.... Almost no B grades. It's either the few A's or C's/D's. I'll still be watching though. For the beginning at least.....
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 16:18   Link #143
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'm kind of laughing at this point, given that they confirmed an anime long before the release of a game that turned out to be such a landmine.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 16:30   Link #144
Berserkguard

Even if the anime's only half as good as Steins;Gate, I'd be happy.

Steins;Gate is my second favorite anime behind Clannad (and I also really enjoyed Chaos;HEAd and Myself; Yourself which are affiliated with 5pb.), so I'm still looking forward to the anime regardless of how well the game does.

But yeah, it is quite interesting how the anime adaptation was announced before the VN was released, and then it doesn't do so well. I wonder what impact that'll have on the anime, if anything.
Old 2012-07-21, 16:39   Link #145
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'm kind of laughing at this point, given that they confirmed an anime long before the release of a game that turned out to be such a landmine.
Could always hope the anime adaptation corrects some of the game's weaknesses
Old 2012-07-21, 16:53   Link #146
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserkguard View Post
But yeah, it is quite interesting how the anime adaptation was announced before the VN was released, and then it doesn't do so well. I wonder what impact that'll have on the anime, if anything.
Sales will bomb, most likely. It's also quite possible that the staff will put less effort in because of the expectation that sales will bomb.
Old 2012-07-21, 17:56   Link #147
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Robotics;Notes sold pretty well when released on PS3 and 360. I don't suggest you read too much into the "reviews" which are heavily negative, because if you actually look at what was linked and read them, you'll notice a few things.

- Amazon reviews are constantly bombarded by user reviews which aim to slant ratings either upwards or downwards. They do not represent any sort of actual reality in terms of seeing what the average person things of a product.

- There are only 7 fan reviews at Mk2, hence it clearly does not represent any sort of consensus or general opinion.

The anime has been in production since last year, long before the game was released, so it's unlikely that there is any impact on the actual production either.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 19:06   Link #148
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The anime has been in production since last year, long before the game was released, so it's unlikely that there is any impact on the actual production either.
They don't normally enter full production until about two months or so before airing, IIRC, which is about... now.
But we'll have to see, won't we?

Last edited by Tyabann; 2012-07-21 at 19:18.
Old 2012-07-21, 19:26   Link #149
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
They don't normally enter full production until about two months or so before airing, IIRC, which is about... now.
But we'll have to see, won't we?
Not true. It depends a lot on which studio is doing in and their production habits. It also depends on how long a series is, and how much lead time they need. For shows with solid production and scheduling, it's not unusual for them to start 6 months to a year before it airs. In some rare cases, most or all of the show is completed before it ever airs.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 19:30   Link #150
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I will look forward to watching regardless of game opinions. But I would like to read reviews on ErogameScape but the site is blocked on something does anyone have a proxy or something to view it?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 22:06   Link #151
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
http://blewpass.com/
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 22:50   Link #152
Sheep_

To be fair the story in Robotics;notes was made to feel like an anime instead of a VN. They stated months ago that they wanted to reach a broader player base since the S;G anime sold so well. So they decided to have R;N unfold much like an anime rather than a VN.

Meaning an anime copy will most likely do the story more justice since it was geared for it in the first place.
Old 2012-07-22, 06:29   Link #153
tsunade666

I'm all sold for this just from being produce by the same company that produce S;T and C;H.

I haven't seen or read any reviews or synopsis of the story. Though I read the initial plot summary with Kaito helping Akiko and initial impressions of the trial or initial chapter so I don't know yet the over all plot but the thing I got from the pv.

Did Kaito vanish or something? in the near end of the PV with Akiko saying she will do her best in front of the giant robo but before that it looks like a test run for the robot and Kaito is the pilot? did something happen? and is this from the perspective of Akiko? because I read that Akiko is telling the story from Kaito's perspective or maybe I'm wrong there.

But oh well, I will still watch and wait for this one. It looks great and the writer for the anime is the one who did steins;gate which is awesome but I don't like the director or rather I don't like sengoku basara overall period.
Old 2012-07-22, 08:22   Link #154
LROlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I'm all sold for this just from being produce by the same company that produce S;T and C;H.

I haven't seen or read any reviews or synopsis of the story. Though I read the initial plot summary with Kaito helping Akiko and initial impressions of the trial or initial chapter so I don't know yet the over all plot but the thing I got from the pv.

Did Kaito vanish or something? in the near end of the PV with Akiko saying she will do her best in front of the giant robo but before that it looks like a test run for the robot and Kaito is the pilot? did something happen? and is this from the perspective of Akiko? because I read that Akiko is telling the story from Kaito's perspective or maybe I'm wrong there.

But oh well, I will still watch and wait for this one. It looks great and the writer for the anime is the one who did steins;gate which is awesome but I don't like the director or rather I don't like sengoku basara overall period.
Kaito haven't disappeared. He does not have any interest in building the robot and slacking somewhere and playing KillBalla.
LROlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 09:33   Link #155
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by LROlsson View Post
Kaito haven't disappeared. He does not have any interest in building the robot and slacking somewhere and playing KillBalla.
ah thanks for confirmation because from the past work which is S;G

The MC is trying to figure out a way to save the girl which strikes me that maybe this time around the girl is the one doing the saving. And it didn't help that the place where the the guy which is Kaito is reminds me of the cockpit of Time machine.

That scene reminds me of Okabe returning to the pass to save Kurisu.
Old 2012-07-25, 08:07   Link #156
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Some Robotics;Notes' walkthrough I've found in YT: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...8&feature=plcp

Edit: A web-site guide here: http://www.trueachievements.com/robo...alkthrough.htm

Last edited by Syokool; 2012-07-25 at 08:45. Reason: Added 2nd web-site
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 01:23   Link #157
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Old 2012-08-13, 06:03   Link #158
suntaclaus

Anime characters.
Official ROBO design:
Spoiler for ROBO:
suntaclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 23:29   Link #159