AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-30, 19:41   Link #21
strider_hiryu
A-Class Strider

Send a message via ICQ to strider_hiryu Send a message via MSN to strider_hiryu
regarding the circle being on his automail...dont you need different circles for performing different alchemic reactions?

it was hilarious when the dog took a leak and Hawkeye took out her gun lol...poor little puppy
Old 2003-12-30, 21:01   Link #22
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider_hiryu
regarding the circle being on his automail...dont you need different circles for performing different alchemic reactions?

it was hilarious when the dog took a leak and Hawkeye took out her gun lol...poor little puppy

well there are alot of different transmutation circle too. but aint alchemy the same ?
Old 2003-12-30, 21:16   Link #23
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Quote:

Hahahaha........ yeah the gun thing was sooo funny ...... anyway, just wanted to ask what circle on the automail are you talking about? would you happen to be refering to Mustang's gloves? Cause there isn't any circle on Edwards

anyway, in the case of mustang, he is just producing fire and only fire... as explained he snaps his fingers to produce sparks then he manipulates the flames with his alchemy and with the resenjin on his glove which is specific to fire.... well at least that's what i think i'm not entirely sure so if anyone else has any suggestions or opinions on this do feel free to express them
Old 2003-12-30, 21:34   Link #24
Sarke

I thought I clarified the whole arm thing...

THERE ARE NO CIRCLES ON EDWARDS ARM

Remeber he was surprised too when he created that first effect without a circle....
Old 2003-12-30, 21:55   Link #25
acefighter
Banned

spoiler.

the arm is the reason why he doesnt need it. the arm is like mustangs gloves. it has a built in transmition cricle. thats all the reason hes the full metal achlemist. he can trans metal because of the arm. second. no one ever said the circle has to be showing.

but his father does have the soemthing to do with it. thats probaly why he's so advance
Old 2003-12-30, 22:02   Link #26
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarke
I thought I clarified the whole arm thing...

THERE ARE NO CIRCLES ON EDWARDS ARM

Remeber he was surprised too when he created that first effect without a circle....
I think he meant Mustang's glove but anyway, maybe he didn't read the previous messages. Anyway, yes to all out there "THERE IS NO CIRCLE ON EDWARD'S AUTOMAIL!!!!
Old 2003-12-30, 22:21   Link #27
kamij0

he got a circle in his mind, will power is strong to create alchemy without circle
Old 2003-12-30, 22:29   Link #28
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Alright, now I'm getting confused.... Is everyone just speculating or saying what they know as a fact.... like Acefighter's "circle built into the automail" thing....

But the only thing so far that's I've gotten out of the anime is that he can just do alchemy by will and that there isn't any need of a circle or anything for that matter.
Old 2003-12-30, 23:50   Link #29
Go-lytely

Yeah, they said in the anime that Edward didnt need circles and that was why everyone was so impressed with him. Off topic, but who else thinks the short jokes are really getting old. They werent that funny the first time and now they are just annoying.
Old 2003-12-31, 00:42   Link #30
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-lytely
Off topic, but who else thinks the short jokes are really getting old. They werent that funny the first time and now they are just annoying.
I suppose its up to the individual.... for me I thought that they were quite funny but I can see why you might say that they were annoying... My theory is that usually when watching funny animes I tend to watch them mindlessly..... ie. not giving anything much thought and just laughing at anything that seems remotely funny....

But for FMA, usually i concentrate quite abit to follow the plot and stuff happening hence getting emotionally involved with the sad parts so sometimes when it comes to the funny parts I don't notice that the jokes are that funny. But for the latest ep, it was funny from the beginning of the ep so I was in mindless mode throughout the ep..... hence enjoying it like mad ..... hahahahaha 'hands-up puppy' hahahahaha.....
Old 2003-12-31, 01:27   Link #31
festosis

I think they're funny especially when the taxi driver says he like a piece of bean LOL!
Old 2004-01-01, 06:18   Link #32
strider_hiryu
A-Class Strider

actually i did read the previous posts before replying...
what i meant was if different circles are needed for different transmutations? cause it seems they sometimes draw different circles at different times for different transmutations...if this is true then wouldn't Edward need a lot of differrent circles in his automail? or maybe he doesnt know about the circles himself...

this question is kind of an argumentative one really....cause if it's true then that kinda disproves the circle(s) in automail theory...but hey what do i know? i'm not an alchemist hehe

------

oh the chibi jokes...i didnt find them funny except the last ep where Edward was predicting his convo with Mustang LOL
Old 2004-01-01, 20:45   Link #33
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
what i meant was if different circles are needed for different transmutations? cause it seems they sometimes draw different circles at different times for different transmutations...if this is true then wouldn't Edward need a lot of differrent circles in his automail? or maybe he doesnt know about the circles himself...
hmm... ok... so you did mean Edward... which brings me to ask... are you speculating or are you stating a fact that there's circles on/in Edward's automail.... if its a fact... could you provide a source? I wanna take a look at it too....

Cause what most of us have been posting so far is that Edward knows about the circles and has great knowledge about Alchemy (Having studied for the 1st test)... Its just that he is able to perform alchemy without have to draw, to wear or have in his possession any Resenjin / transmutation circle at all..... In fact... he doesn't even need the National Alchemist pocket watch to amplify his powers.... as seen in ep 2 where he made a huge statue move without it....
Old 2004-01-01, 21:06   Link #34
strider_hiryu
A-Class Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
hmm... ok... so you did mean Edward... which brings me to ask... are you speculating or are you stating a fact that there's circles on/in Edward's automail.... if its a fact... could you provide a source? I wanna take a look at it too....

Cause what most of us have been posting so far is that Edward knows about the circles and has great knowledge about Alchemy (Having studied for the 1st test)... Its just that he is able to perform alchemy without have to draw, to wear or have in his possession any Resenjin / transmutation circle at all..... In fact... he doesn't even need the National Alchemist pocket watch to amplify his powers.... as seen in ep 2 where he made a huge statue move without it....
i'm just speculating
Old 2004-01-01, 22:06   Link #35
kamij0

hope that answer will be revealed sometime in the late episodes, or maybe someone else can provide a better reason to why he can perform alchemy without a circle
Old 2004-01-01, 22:54   Link #36
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
hope that answer will be revealed sometime in the late episodes, or maybe someone else can provide a better reason to why he can perform alchemy without a circle
I'm sure they will.... but my guess at this moment is that he probably inherited it genetically from his dad....
Old 2004-01-02, 00:31   Link #37
kamij0

my guess would be his strong mentality, (early episodes) even mustang did said b4 that after performing human alchemy and yet survive the ordeal, he must be a great alchemist in the future
Old 2004-01-02, 00:38   Link #38
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
my guess would be his strong mentality, (early episodes) even mustang did said b4 that after performing human alchemy and yet survive the ordeal, he must be a great alchemist in the future
yeah... like he is now....... but i think alchemy is an inborn thing... ie... some people are born with alchemic talents and some are not....... which is why they made Edward sit on this golden chair for his interview during the national alchemist test

so maybe its an inborn thing.....

Anyway, I have a question about FMA........ if Alphonse's soul is attached to that metal armour... I suppose he's pretty much invincible until that armour starts to rust right? does that mean nothing can kill him?
Old 2004-01-02, 00:45   Link #39
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
yeah... like he is now....... but i think alchemy is an inborn thing... ie... some people are born with alchemic talents and some are not....... which is why they made Edward sit on this golden chair for his interview during the national alchemist test

so maybe its an inborn thing.....

Anyway, I have a question about FMA........ if Alphonse's soul is attached to that metal armour... I suppose he's pretty much invincible until that armour starts to rust right? does that mean nothing can kill him?

ahh, using the logic of most animations, the amour will not rust, just like the character's clothing, they got alot of same sets of clothing, the only thing i can think of alphonse now is his voice, i like his voice
Old 2004-01-02, 00:56   Link #40
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
ahh, using the logic of most animations, the amour will not rust, just like the character's clothing, they got alot of same sets of clothing, the only thing i can think of alphonse now is his voice, i like his voice
Hahahahahahahahaha........ you're right... they do have alot of the same sets of clothing....... damn... I'm so absorbed into their characters that I hardly consider the fact that they wear the same thing day in and day out...

About Alphonse's voice.. i think its nice how he's childlike voice counters the intimidating look of the armour... but I still wonder if there's anyway that Alphonse can die
Closed Thread