AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-19, 12:16   Link #61
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz
eep o.O....actual Weltall or the upgrade version called Xenogear (either way sounds nasty)
Its one of the 12 (or 13? I forgot) E.S. powered by an anima-relic (which in the world of Saga, is quite limited in quantity). What you will be fighting is a prototype (and as a boss), but it has nearly the same appearance as the Weltall (except coloring), it even has (nearly) the same moves.

But they are not called 'Gears' (or Weltall). Then again, the E.S. are supposedly more advanced than 'Gears' since XenoSaga represents 'lost technology' in the 'Xenogear' world in 'some' way...

- Tak
Old 2006-07-19, 12:19   Link #62
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I see I see...

damn have I fallen behind and Xenosaga 3 already came out? o_o;; damn...I need it for the collection

off topic convo's ftw :P
Old 2006-07-19, 12:25   Link #63
Tak

Quote:
I see I see...

damn have I fallen behind and Xenosaga 3 already came out? o_o;; damn...I need it for the collection

off topic convo's ftw :P
Yep, Xenosaga III is awesome. Took me three sleepless nights (thats 50+ hours) to beat it, but its worth every penny (and hour)!

Its ok, this thread already went off topic the moment someone goes: "My Kira is bigger than your Shinn!" (not that I am 'not' part of the fault here, but I am just sayin...)

- Tak
Old 2006-07-19, 12:52   Link #64
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

cool, I'm just saddened (from what I remember) that Xenosaga 3 is gonna be the last of the Xeno series (tear) though there's supposed to/should be 1 or 2 more episodes/games (think Xenogears was Episode 5 or 6...I forget since I beat it a long time ago)
Old 2006-07-19, 12:57   Link #65
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Well I have a lot to say about Shinn's creativeness (or rather, lack of creativeness). If you'd like to have that conversation I suggest we move to another thread, savvy? We already hi-jacked this one enough with the after image thing.
Well considering that Shinn show more creativness in 1 battle then Kira in the entire season I would Kira is the 1 with the lack of creativeniss.
Old 2006-07-19, 12:59   Link #66
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

how can you point out lack of creativity when like 90% of the fights had banked images <_<

I miss the good old pen and paper animation for Gundams...
Old 2006-07-19, 13:35   Link #67
Tak

Now now, to be fair, Shinn showed much creativity during the first dozen or so episodes of GSD. The way he infiltrate that Federation base deep within the mountins was ingenious, depsite the (all too annoying) angst.

I had hoped the development team would spend more time actually focusing on his character, despite fan-barrage. Even with Kira eventually replacing him as the main character (which I did not mind), there were still room for Shinn's development! They simply failed to explore it. Sad.

Though I have to say, when I first lay my eyes on Shinn while watching GSD's promo, I knew, immediately that he won't stay 'main' for too long. Turns out I was right... Despite this, I initially believed Kira could be some sort of a mentor or idol Shinn can look up to, but it turned out foul.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2006-07-19 at 13:47.
Old 2006-07-19, 13:44   Link #68
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Now now, to be fair, Shinn showed much creativity during the first dozen or so episodes of GSD. The way he infiltrate that Federation base deep within the mountins was ingenious, depsite the (all too annoying) angst.

I had hoped the development team would spend more time actually focusing on his character, despite fan-barrage. Even with Kira eventually replacing him as the main character, there were still room for Shinn's development! They simply failed to explore it. Sad.

Though I have to say, when I first lay my eyes on Shinn while watching GSD's promo, I knew, immediately that he won't stay 'main' for too long. Turns out I was right...

- Tak
I totally agree with you there Tak he had so much promise and potential there were so many different things they could have done with his character. But there was simply no development I was looking foward to a new lead one with more complexity and depth. I thought that they could have had him eventually resolve the conflict of losing his parents and become a stronger person. Then destiny rolls along and my hopes are dashed Shinn went from a promising character to a 24/7 angsty mindless dullinard loving robot. Oh how sad but who can you blame the writers , the fans who wanted Kira back as the main character and Shinn put on the back burner or Fukuda. I don't know but I do know that Shinn started out as an interesting character and went downhill as destiny progressed, I still however am a Shinn supporter hooray
Old 2006-07-19, 13:45   Link #69
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

true, then everything started going "bleah" after like...episode 18 (I think) when Kira pops up then all the fanboys/girls started going ga-ga. I didn't mind Kira taking over the mc spot...but I was still annoyed that Shin just got turned to crap afterwards. I should of counted how many times they showed that really pissed off face of Shinn's everytime he was gonna finish something off...swear they used it a lot...which also reminded me of when Rey was fighting Kira...one point where they did a half screen I think and Rey opened his mouth when he was charging SF and it was drawn like...really wide.

I really wished Stella didn't talk like she was a cave woman just learning the japanese or for dubbed purproses...english language

Silent Soldier - when in doubt, blame Bush, that will always bring a smile
Old 2006-07-19, 13:55   Link #70
grandmaster192

I don't understand why not just have Kira and Shinn as rivals???
Old 2006-07-19, 13:58   Link #71
Tak

Haha, when I saw episode 5 or 6, where Kira and Lacus were standing by the beach, and she said "a storm is coming", I was like: "Oh shi..."

Then, they really nailed it with episode (??) when Shinn met Kira at the memorial (how he does not recognize Lacus I don't know...). At that point, it became OBVIOUS that they were to become rivals.

"I don't understand why not just have Kira and Shinn as rivals???"

Urm, they 'were' rivlas until the end of Destiny. Cmon, you can only be rivals for so long, and its not like Kira/Shin had such a huge grudge they can only resolve it through fighting.

- Tak
Old 2006-07-19, 13:59   Link #72
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Greatness
Because Shinn has no reason to be his rival?
Old 2006-07-19, 14:03   Link #73
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
It is a one sided rivarly Shinn want's to kill Kira because he pilot's the Freedom and Shinn believes that the Freedom is responsible for his parent's death at Orb since he can't take it out on the Calamity he is directing his anger at the Freedom the other mobile suit there at the time.
Old 2006-07-19, 14:03   Link #74
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Shinn still angsting over his sister? while whatsherface (can't believe I forgot her name) tries to get closer to him. They really made Shinn out to look like he had a brother sister complex cause most of his flashbacks was of her and then a bit of his parents <_<
Old 2006-07-19, 14:16   Link #75
Tak

Quote:
Shinn still angsting over his sister? while whatsherface (can't believe I forgot her name) tries to get closer to him. They really made Shinn out to look like he had a brother sister complex cause most of his flashbacks was of her and then a bit of his parents <_<
That is exactly one of my my problems with Shinn. Shinn could have been far more likable had he not always been drooling over his sister's DoCoMo! Leave the dead to rest man, geez!

I wonder if he likes his sister more than Lunamaria (who, *not* coincidently is voiced by the same Maya Sakamoto). Leave the dead to rest man... leave 'em be. Maybe Shinn likes Luna because she sounds like his sister. Otherwise, I still have no idea how those two hooked up.

- Tak
Old 2006-07-19, 14:27   Link #76
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
That is exactly one of my my problems with Shinn. Shinn could have been far more likable had he not always been drooling over his sister's DoCoMo! Leave the dead to rest man, geez!

I wonder if he likes his sister more than Lunamaria (who, *not* coincidently is voiced by the same Maya Sakamoto). Leave the dead to rest man... leave 'em be. Maybe Shinn likes Luna because she sounds like his sister. Otherwise, I still have no idea how those two hooked up.

- Tak
In the CE it seems like all main characters must be in a relationship at all times no matter what.
Old 2006-07-19, 14:28   Link #77
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak

- Tak
Please don't bash Shinn
He was just being a good and thoughtful onii chan. Obviously Shinn likes Lunamaria because she is also a cute girl with antenna and miniskirt.
Old 2006-07-19, 14:35   Link #78
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe
Please don't bash Shinn
He was just being a good and thoughtful onii chan. Obviously Shinn likes Lunamaria because she is also a cute girl with antenna and miniskirt.
Hey, I fully respect his love for his sister. Still that whole phone thing was overdone. I kept on asking myself if there is ever going to be a chance for him to move on while watching GSD. Nope, didn't move on by much.

Ironically, Luna happened to act as a spy, I guess that antenna had its uses.

"In the CE it seems like all main characters must be in a relationship at all times no matter what."

Except at this point, I still have a big ? mark over Shinn & Luna's relationship.

- Tak
Old 2006-07-19, 14:38   Link #79
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Hey, I fully respect his love for his sister. Still that whole phone thing was overdone. I kept on asking myself if there is ever going to be a chance for him to move on while watching GSD. Nope, didn't move on by much.

Ironically, Luna happened to act as a spy, I guess that antenna had its uses.

"In the CE it seems like all main characters must be in a relationship at all times no matter what."

Except at this point, I still have a big ? mark over Shinn & Luna's relationship.

- Tak
Yeah is it just me or did he get over stella's death real fast I mean I thought at the very least he cared for her if not loved her then all of a sudden he is with Luna. What is with that ??? Stella must be turning over in her grave
Old 2006-07-19, 14:43   Link #80
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Mr. Owl, how many licks does it take to get to the center of the brain someone who views GSD through anti-Kira blinders?

Dude you are so myopic...Once again if I say one thing about Kira that's my whole argument to you ...Anyone with half a brain understands Kira's character was flawed in this series...I don't need to hang his head on my wall with bears and lions for you to see it...You think Kira was the only thing that ruined GSD for me?? C'mon...

Quote:
So Destiny uses it's after image to beat a handful of grunt MS and suddenly it has the right to be mentioned in the same sentence as F-91? Please, knock off the condescending bullshit. You and I both know that's a ridiculous assertion, but perhaps you really believe this nonsense flowing out of your mouth. By all means continue to stand there and lie to yourself because you're still bitter over how Destiny ended up, I'm not going to stop you.
Whether you like my elegant wordplay or not you are incapable of matching it...So stop trying and just address the questions...I didn't assert absolutness...I just provided a good case(and basically explained the merit of my argument)...If your only comeback consists of deflecting it's really just a means to an end...stillmissing was able to engage me on an academic level with my findings if you read his post (I'm sure others can aswell as I've heard no straight dissing of my debate), but you? Nooooooooooooo.....There are questions being asked here...It's not a ridiculous assertion in the slightest if your intent is more than to ignore...What's worse having to rely on sensors or having to rely on your own eyes??(When fighting and after-image based Gundam) I made a very clear comparison for you to evaluate and give an answer...Are you not bright enuff to understand and//or give an answer?? I think you're more than capable...So either give a good response or don't step up to the podium...Ignoring and deflecting does not work on wingdarkness...

Quote:
But round 2 (and round 3, 4, 5, and so on for that matter) showed that was just a fluke and you damn well know that.
dot dot dot