AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-12-24, 04:14   Link #41
Skye629

How come there's no discussion thread for the first episode? Its out already right???

Ep.1 was sick, THATS how I like to hear the Gundam name uttered. In awe and fear of its power

My only question is, how did Io see the guys legs? Im pretty sure all the MS (both Fed and Zeon) only showed the head/upper torso on the screens at most when talking through the comms????

Bring on episode 2! Cant get much better than Crimson Zaku's fighting gundams heheheh
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 05:23   Link #42
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
How come there's no discussion thread for the first episode? Its out already right???
Is the HD-sub already out? Or is it still the 480p bootleg version? The manga is epic, so I refused to see the anime in a lame format .
Old 2015-12-24, 05:41   Link #43
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Is the HD-sub already out? Or is it still the 480p bootleg version? The manga is epic, so I refused to see the anime in a lame format .
Is an ONA. so I doubt we get better quality anytime soon, and not exactly warrant episodic thread,. thought we maybe get slightly better quality on 25th

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 17:56   Link #44
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I watched it on KissAnime, not sure what the quality is exactly

I'd approximate around 480 or 720??? Take it with a grain of salt as I have some slight vision impairment
Old 2015-12-25, 00:37   Link #45
Vash1306
Pancakes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVAlkOHdNME 720p USA
Vash1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-25, 02:59   Link #46
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Embed of Gundam Thunderbolt Episode 1 (Official upload):

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-25, 03:32   Link #47
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

next ep feb 12

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-25, 06:12   Link #48
ReddyRedWolf

Am I supposed to feel sorry for a bunch of genocidal Zeeks? Woah is us our comrades are getting killed by that damn Jazz loving Feddie and now he has a Gundam!

Dudes like you guys destroyed their homes and killed billions of people.

Graham in another universe finally gets his Gundam!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-25, 08:22   Link #49
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Just watched the HD-sub. It’s a very good adaptation. As usual with adaptation, Sunrise/Bandai did some skippings, addings, evet-shuffling, and other changing for better pacing but it’s still very true to the manga’s tone & spirit. Heck, they even brought Io’s penchant for jazz to life. Love the music in it, and the animation is superb too for a mere ONA (considering how shitty Stargazer episode 2 & 3 look). All in all, this 1st episode met all my expectation and makes me want more. I’d say: mission accomplished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Am I supposed to feel sorry for a bunch of genocidal Zeeks? Woah is us our comrades are getting killed by that damn Jazz loving Feddie and now he has a Gundam!

Dudes like you guys destroyed their homes and killed billions of people.
No, the show doesn’t necessarily want you to feel sorry for the Zeon dude who died (heck, even some of his Zeon comrades on the base didn't feel as sorry as his team). The show merely shows us the inner workings of both factions to give them more characterization. And to balance things out, we also got some a-holes in the Fed-side too who look down on Io and his lineage and want to "feed him to the wolves" and make him a martyr by assigning him the Gundam to do even more dangerous missions. What feelings you take from it is up to you.
Old 2015-12-25, 09:51   Link #50
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

for seiyuu jokes, this isn't the first time Graham Aker pilots a Gundam, he's also a certain Italian dandy who pilots a green Wing Gundam in Build Fighters, yeah its just a model kit but its still a Gundam unit, its more funnier if you put Macross Frontier into the mix too.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-25, 14:35   Link #51
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I dunno, meta-wise it feels like lately the Gundam Franchise wants viewers to sympathize with Zeon, which is why they feel a little less bad with each new entry into early UC. Like with Unicorn.
Old 2015-12-25, 19:20   Link #52
Wandering Soul

So far so good. The characters are shaping up to be interesting with there being somewhat sympathetic people on Zeon's side and scum bags on the Federation's side.
Old 2015-12-25, 20:15   Link #53
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I dunno, meta-wise it feels like lately the Gundam Franchise wants viewers to sympathize with Zeon, which is why they feel a little less bad with each new entry into early UC. Like with Unicorn.
I’d say there’s nothing new about it really. First and foremost, Zeon is originally the one who were oppressed by the Feds, and they got oppressed hard. And like they say “the most dangerous animals are the ones who got cornered and then fight back recklessly with all they got”. And that’s true for the Zeon who later dropped an empty colony to Australia. Maybe it’s like the US dropping atomic bombs twice in two major cities in Japan and killed, injured and traumatized countless civilians, only Zeon did it with a bigger ambition which is to rule the Earth.

And as far as “evil” goes, it’s clear that the center of Zeon’s “evil-ness” are the Zabi family and the ones close to them or share their wickedness. As for the lower echelon of Zeon army, they are always portrayed having various qualities of normal human beings who are there to fight for their people. They’re not just crazy fanatic bunch who want to murder and exploit all the terrans. Case in point: as early as MSG series in 1979, some Zeon soldiers was already painted as a sympathetic individuals like Ramba and his team, the lone Kukuru Doan who took care of the local kids, the defeated Zeon soldiers who said Amuro was too kind to him and advise him to be careful in his future battles, etc. On the contrary, the show painted some Fed soldiers to be a rude bunch who invade local houses for food and amusement, disrespecting local business by taking whatever they want without paying, and being cowards who will flee as soon as they see action coming in their direction. So, Gundam already went out of its way to portray the conflict of Fed vs Zeon in a gray area as early as the very first show. It’s all there in the original TV series (and the lost episode) for everybody to watch. The thing is, these little character bits of the Zeon soldiers might be lost to those that refused to watch the dated TV series and opted for the compilation movies only (even though the TV series is the canon one for the subsequent UC entries).
Old 2015-12-26, 00:41   Link #54
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Both sides are scum bags.

Lo's just dam cocky. Maybe lucky since he survived in the GM (lucky or got hit on purpose?).

Quad-shield Gundam is some sick-s**t!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-26, 03:51   Link #55
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Both sides are scum bags.

Lo's just dam cocky. Maybe lucky since he survived in the GM (lucky or got hit on purpose?).

Quad-shield Gundam is some sick-s**t!
Nah, he just plain took that shot to the face, he's just lucky he got some quick instincts to eject before the follow up shot landed

Those GM's didnt stand a chance against that sniper force
Old 2015-12-26, 04:51   Link #56
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
First, his name is “Io” not “Lo”. It’s started with “I”, not “L”. Very big difference.

TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Second, he was just lucky that the first shot didn’t fry his cockpit or core-block system. But quick thinking and reaction has been Io’s good points. The non-fatal shot is due to luck, but his survival afterwards down to him taking over enemy’s DOM is thanks to his wit and skill. I personally find it funny and refreshing that the hero got shot-down first by enemy atacks (even though he survived it). It’s kinda like Patrick Colasour antics not done for jokes.
Old 2015-12-26, 05:14   Link #57
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

it strikes me odd that in this version, the GM's have fully functional Core Fighters despite it is said that the Core Block system of the RX-78-2 Gundam along with its cousins the Guncanon & Guntank were too expensive to mass produce hence the original GM's lacking one, where you have to manually bail out of the suit in case of trouble, the Thunderbolt GM's seems to be even more well equipped compared to the RX-78-2 despite being cheap mass produced units.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-26, 06:29   Link #58
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
it strikes me odd that in this version, the GM's have fully functional Core Fighters despite it is said that the Core Block system of the RX-78-2 Gundam along with its cousins the Guncanon & Guntank were too expensive to mass produce hence the original GM's lacking one, where you have to manually bail out of the suit in case of trouble, the Thunderbolt GM's seems to be even more well equipped compared to the RX-78-2 despite being cheap mass produced units.
I don't think the GM's core blocks here have the capability to turn into Core fighters like the V Project. IIRC they can only turn into Core pods. Also, the GM's and basically all the MSs in this series being more equipped than their counterparts in the main series is because they are specialized in the debris area such as Thunderbolt Sector, so agility and defense are first and foremost hence the many thrusters (rivaling GP01 Fb) and armors and multiple shields.
Old 2015-12-27, 07:48   Link #59
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
for seiyuu jokes, this isn't the first time Graham Aker pilots a Gundam, he's also a certain Italian dandy who pilots a green Wing Gundam in Build Fighters, yeah its just a model kit but its still a Gundam unit, its more funnier if you put Macross Frontier into the mix too.
Personality bro. Felieni current has a Hareem in gundam Iron blooded orphans. How ever this is totally Aker in this series.
Old 2015-12-27, 09:47   Link #60
Dextro
He Without a Title

That was glorious! I haven't seen such jazzy space action since Cowboy Bebop and that's a major compliment

Can't wait for the next episode. It's just a shame this isn't a full blown show with some time to develop further some of the other characters because this is the kind of mecha that I've been waiting for ages to see from Japan.