AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru... Index [LN/M] - NT Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 2 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 22.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 22.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-07-23, 09:39   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - Overall NT Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire series of To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament ... your thoughts about the novel series, overall impressions, expectations.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Characters
  • What the series meant to you.
  • What could the writer have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the novels combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so.

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-23, 21:50   Link #2
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I'll start this off by saying everything is perfect so that at the very least this thread can start off pure and untained. I'll give my real review later.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-24, 00:07   Link #3
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

And to think how a number of us was disappointed at NT in its early days that continued until Othinus shows up and did her thing.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-24, 00:51   Link #4
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

While OT was a ride going up at a steady pace NT was an up and down and luckily ended up. Still, it's an overall rating so I'll give a 7.5/10. It definitely could have handled the transitions far better like it used to with OT but was apparently discarded for the sake of "innovation" at the beginning.

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2019-07-24 at 21:32.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-25, 03:18   Link #5
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
And to think how a number of us was disappointed at NT in its early days that continued until Othinus shows up and did her thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
While OT was a ride going up at a steady pace NT was an up and down and luckily ended up. Still, it's an overall rating so I'll give a 7.5/10. It definitely could have handled the transitions far better like it used to with OT but was apparently discarded for the sake of "innovation" at the beginning.
I actually enjoyed pretty much all of NT from the very beginning. And got into it really early and like most if not all of NT much more than OT. Kamachi was a lot crazier with his ideas though his writing itself has dropped a bit in quality imo as it has gotten more abstract. But he manages to make things so interesting and include so many unique and interesting elements and tie everything together to such a degree that honestly, I still give it a 10. Note this isn’t my review. This is me being lazy. If I were to give this a review, it’d be five walls of text long lol.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote