AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2018-04-14, 01:17   Link #21
Darthtabby

Do we really need spoiler tags for an episode that's already been subbed?

Spoiler:
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 02:14   Link #22
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I gotta be safe.

PS - Fowler’s Codarl seems to have the FAMAS F1 export for the main weapon.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 10:41   Link #23
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Here's some info about the Graz Mannlicher AWS2000 (the exclusive firearm that comes with the FMP 1/60 model kits from Bandai) that Gatoh himself wrote:
Spoiler for image size:

Quote:
Graz Mannlicher is an Austrian armament manufacturer. It became independent from Steyr (popular for its AUG rifle) in the late 1900s and has engaged in the development and production of firearms for armored vehicles The "AWS2000" was a prototype firearm designated to Arm Slaves and developed by Gran Mannlicher in the late 1990s. It has two distinctive features: the adaptation of 40mm caseless liquid explosive cartridge ammunition, similar to Oerlikon Contraves' GEC-B, and the utilization of the various parts, making them able to adapt to various uses. Although the action of the AWS2000 is shared, it’s barrel unit and stock can be exchanged in a short period of time with self-defense LDW type weapons for soft targets, carbine types for short distances, such as urban areas, and long-distance battle rifle types for mountainous areas. Replacement pads for marksmen (snipers) also existed in the development plan. In the late 1990s, at the time when the AWS2000 was experimentally produced. there were hardly any regular armies which used 40LPB rounds. The only force which used this ammunition in combat was “Mithril." a secret military organization which adopted the GEC-B rifle. A few sets of AWS2000 were granted to the West Pacific Battlegroup's M9 "Gernsbacks,” and were experimentally used. Mithril has an aspect to play in experimental roles for the latest weapons like these. The combat data taken from these AWS2000s was later handed over to Graz Mannlicher and contributed to identifying problems. Although the reliability of the action was greatly improved, it turned out that the unit exchanging system was not suitable for short-time operation of assault units, and Graz Mannlicher chose to remake the AWS2000 as a simple bullpup assault rifle. A few years later— inheriting the mechanism of the AWS2000, a 40mm assault rifle named the “BVH " finally made its debut.

Source: 1/60 Arbalest/Gernsback/Gernsback (Commander Type) Ver. IV Construction Manual

Last edited by Illsteir; 2018-04-14 at 18:26.
Illsteir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 20:36   Link #24
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Nice find.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2018-04-20, 20:05   Link #25
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I guess the Gebo choppers are confirmed to use the GAU-19 as its main weapon.

And the ARX-8 animated in the OP was Uber awesome going up on a Behemoth.

Old 2018-04-27, 09:47   Link #26
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Since the Mil-Mi 26/28 are used, Amalgam is showing off their liking for Soviet gear, except for their fire teams.

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2018-04-27 at 22:24.
Old 2018-05-04, 10:37   Link #27
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Kaname mentions that the OS of the Arbalest (and presumably the OS of the other M9s of Mithril) is written in BAda in episode 4. She's not referring to the discontinued mobile phone OS, right?
Old 2018-05-07, 23:02   Link #28
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
Kaname mentions that the OS of the Arbalest (and presumably the OS of the other M9s of Mithril) is written in BAda in episode 4. She's not referring to the discontinued mobile phone OS, right?
LOL I had to look that up. That one got discontinued in '14 IIRC.

Old 2018-05-08, 19:00   Link #29
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Quote:
Actually, the term is first mentioned in the third novel, "Into the blue", when Gauron takes over the de Danaan (maybe it's mentioned in the anime too, don't recall exactly).

Considering "Into the blue" was released in 2000, and "Continuing on my own" in 2004, I think it's safe to say Gatoh was the first one to use this term.
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-08, 22:59   Link #30
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://technode.com/2016/09/21/ther...t-translation/

The "Black Technology" phrase from FMP! gets a shout out in this article.

Old 2018-05-08, 23:56   Link #31
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
https://technode.com/2016/09/21/ther...t-translation/

The "Black Technology" phrase from FMP! gets a shout out in this article.
Hey, they even used my Arbalest Fanart.
Old 2018-05-09, 04:04   Link #32
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
Hey, they even used my Arbalest Fanart.
So sue the author?

Old 2018-05-09, 04:19   Link #33
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Nah. I'm just surprised.