AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-01, 22:20   Link #41
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
This, the inclusion of that scene alone would make me assume that a straight couple had a pretty intimate relationship so why should I change that interpretation for a female pairing? Plus the show has shown the Yayoi interacting with Shion a bit more than the other characters (the ramen scene and didn't she speak up when they were debriefing in Shion's computer room?) which again, the show thought was important enough to show which means we should take note of it.
So what? You're part of what group of people? those who think Shion and Yayoi have relations or you belong to people who do not believe it?
Old 2013-01-01, 22:23   Link #42
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Oh I completely believe that those two were having sex before Akane came by. xD I was saying that I would think that, based on the visual clues, regardless if they were a straight or yuri couple.
Old 2013-01-01, 22:28   Link #43
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Oh I completely believe that those two were having sex before Akane came by.

Too bad the scene wasn't messy... LOL
Old 2013-01-01, 22:32   Link #44
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Shion aside ... Yayoi may have to think a lot of possibilities (up to a possible confirmation in future episodes):

- That she was a lesbian for a long time
- It is just that Bi
- or simply that it was straight BUT became bi to love more girls after an event that will shock ... men

by'll know more in the next episode so it is clear that if the flashback have seen in intimate relationship with a of girls her group ... I think ALL THE WORLDS will have no doubt made ​​her a lesbian
Old 2013-01-01, 22:40   Link #45
NoemiChan
Banned

She and Shion are friends with benefits... Yah, probably bi... both of them... swingers..
Old 2013-01-01, 22:41   Link #46
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
She and Shion are friends with benefits... Yah, probably bi... both of them... swingers..
For my part I think they are lesbians but just "friends" with yes aventages brief sex-friends
Old 2013-01-01, 22:42   Link #47
NoemiChan
Banned

Oh, we agreed on something .. No!!!! They're bi... in the end...
Old 2013-01-01, 22:44   Link #48
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Oh, we agreed on something .. No!!!! They're bi... in the end...
ok ok they're Bi regardless of the moment they like most girls

Luckily for me this anime there are many yuri and I'm sorry for those who love Yaoi ahaha
Old 2013-01-01, 22:54   Link #49
NoemiChan
Banned

But I bet she will welcome Shinya Kōgami if he tries to hit on her..
Old 2013-01-01, 23:00   Link #50
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

you should not love the characters 200% yuri always thought Shion and Yayoi will be just Bi and not say that a lesbian
Old 2013-01-01, 23:23   Link #51
Azulay
Materialize!

I don't think that Yayoi was raped ( a REALLY close friend of her perhaps), she work with a lot of guys and doesn't seem bothered about it. Don't wanna think this way,but maybe she is just fooling around with Shion, i mean these people spent most of the time in that building, there is to have something to make them relax. Really wanna believe and to be on the side of yuri haha

Yayoi is way out of kougami's league
Old 2013-01-01, 23:29   Link #52
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulay View Post
I don't think that Yayoi was raped ( a REALLY close friend of her perhaps), she work with a lot of guys and doesn't seem bothered about it. Don't wanna think this way,but maybe she is just fooling around with Shion, i mean these people spent most of the time in that building, there is to have something to make them relax. Really wanna believe and to be on the side of yuri haha

Yayoi is way out of kougami's league
I think it would be more for Kogami best to go talk in the thread Akane , because it is limited hore subject here

and so may be if there was a rape that has been on other girls who were friends of Yayoi good but I just think that, as in other cases there will be murder ...
Old 2013-01-02, 01:16   Link #53
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulay View Post
i mean these people spent most of the time in that building, there is to have something to make them relax.
Video games and magazine... or smoke.. God what a perverted way to relax... That ain't even relaxing....
Old 2013-01-02, 13:07   Link #54
kitten320

Quote:
Well, I doubt kissing... checking the lips of the two... definite NO,. Yeah, we see the "fixing the tie" or "pulling the stockings" scene... but anyone could misunderstand it.. unless there are more hints....

Anyway... She has less screen time.. I can't judge her thoroughly.. Probably after my review. I got piles of anime to review and watch..
This is called being in denial...

If Yaoi happened to be a guy, you would have no doubts in that scene.

Typical misunderstanding scenes are shown differently.

Anyway it is your right to believe what you want but you have no right to claim her straight/gay just because you believe it.

If someone wants her to be gay, let them. No need to get angry. Want her straight? Keep her stright, it is that simple.

Usually characters don't get 100% confirmation for things like that anyway. They all could be bisexuals, after all characters exist to appel to the audience.
Old 2013-01-02, 16:36   Link #55
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
This is called being in denial...
....not really because....

Quote:
My perverted side somehow agrees.. 30%
Quote:
If someone wants her to be gay, let them. No need to get angry. Want her straight? Keep her stright, it is that simple.
Now we're talking anime character's human right?

Quote:
They all could be bisexuals, after all characters exist to appel to the audience.
Yeah. Fan service again.. Good.
Old 2013-01-02, 20:04   Link #56
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
....not really because....
Saying it's your perv side is still denial,it should be just common sense,there's no need to be a perv to come to this conclusion.
Old 2013-01-02, 20:15   Link #57
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Saying it's your perv side is still denial,it should be just common sense,there's no need to be a perv to come to this conclusion.
Its not yet concluded.. Let's finish the anime first.
Old 2013-01-03, 09:09   Link #58
kitten320

Any character. They barely ever get 100% comfirmation of their sexuality.

And if I am to go by real life, there are a lot of cases where people live happily together, have a family and children and then one day they break up and one of them ends up in same sex relationship.
My friend's mother is in same sex relationship right now =/
She was married, she has a child and now she is gay.

If humans tend to go from one to another, then there is nothing stopping fictional characters.

It's not about fanservice, it is about pleasing the viewer. Characters exist so we could relate to them and possibly realize some of our fantasies. That's why they are called fictional.

The only things I dislike is when people change their personalities without any resoning.
But as long as people try to make it believable, you can manipulate characters as you want.

In this case you don't even need to manipulate anything, creators themselves created a possibility for Yayoi to be gay.
However, it doesn't mean that she is 100% gay. But saying that she 100% isn't, is a lie too.

I'm leaning towards that they possibly were having some naughty activities, the hint was pretty major.
If you wantto deny it, feel free to come up with another explanation to the situation. And believe it as much as you want, no need to try to rub your version into other peoples faces.

Though out of 2 our theory has far more back up.

Anyway as I said it is your right to believe what you wantg but don't go around correcting everyone who disagrees.
I also will stop here.
Old 2013-01-03, 09:26   Link #59
Azulay
Materialize!

Spoiler:

I agree with you, everyone has your points of view, just respect the opinions of the people that has different opinions than you. Looks like that the Yayoi's sexuality is the question of the year. Don't care is she is straight, gay, bi, pansexual, assexual, whatever is it. I Will like her anyway.

Spoiler:

I liked this way of think that someone posted on 4chan:

I get a feeling that she's meant to represent the Japanese "Yamato Nadeshiko" ideal of feminine beauty.Underneath that formal and masculine suit is a slender feminine body with curves in all the right places.She's also got that deep black hair that contrasts with the pale skin and pink lips.

Yayoi always struck me as weird, especially in these closeups.From afar, she looks super butch. Suits, ponytail, posture.Then you see closes up and you see her face is actually fairly round in the traditional Japanese sense (unlike Shion), she wears lighter colored lipsticks, and her eyes are very round (again, unlike Shion, who has narrower eyes, which are usually for more mature characters)

It's a shame that this is the only scene until now that she really is the most beautiful character so far
Old 2013-01-03, 10:30   Link #60
kitten320

Agreed, I don't care either. I'll accept her any way.

I personally wouldn't mind if there was something going between her and Shion. But if no, I'll be fine too.

But for 90% I'm sure that they are at least sex buddies from time to time. But that's purely my opinion based on episode 2. Not gonna force anyone to agree with me.

P.S. What makes me believe it is not just the scene itself but whole setting in anime. Series are dark and were not afraid to include rape scene in episode 1. Having gay relationships here wouldn't be much of a surprise to me.

Tags
characters