AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2015-02-18, 21:59   Link #21
cloud04
Scanlator

but arent those from different naval district?i doubt they would be under yuubari
Old 2015-02-18, 22:05   Link #22
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
but arent those from different naval district?i doubt they would be under yuubari
At least some of those were seen in the background of current naval district in an earlier episode. Although it's possible they were passing by or were transferred. In any case, it does seems like Yuubari sortied alone and went to meet a fleet that already was on water = likely a rendezvous with ships that came a different district.
Old 2015-02-19, 08:46   Link #23
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I agree with cloud04. The way how Ooyodo worded it, Yuubari's fleet is part of the support fleet for the MO operation, whereas Shouhou, Aoba, Furutaka, Kako, Kinugasa are part of the main force, and Tenryuu and Tatsuta are another support fleet.
Considering how the fleets were organized in the anime (more realistic way than usual), it doesn't make sense to have so many CA and a CVL to be just support. Moreover, that fleet is exactly the same during the real operation MO.

Also, there isn't anyone who seem to have a flight deck nor very long hair even if they are that far, so I really think Yuubari isn't in the same fleet as the main force from the other district.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2015-02-19 at 09:11.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 21:08   Link #24
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
At least some of those were seen in the background of current naval district in an earlier episode. Although it's possible they were passing by or were transferred. In any case, it does seems like Yuubari sortied alone and went to meet a fleet that already was on water = likely a rendezvous with ships that came a different district.
I think it is just a case where Yuubari is the last one launched, and she's slower than other class of her same class. The same format happened in ep 1 when Fubuki launched and meet up with the rest of her squad waiting outside, even though they should have only just launched. Also, since Yuubari said 3rd fleet flagship launching, it would be odd if only she herself launches without her fleet.

This should be a joint attack from 2 naval districts with a attack force and a support fleet from each. The other district being the main force. (Which would be odd if they only used 1 light carrier while the 2nd attack force used 2 fleet carriers)

Now a question from me, is there any significance of Kaga and Akagi, Shokaku and Zuikaku having their flight decks on different hands?
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-22, 00:18   Link #25
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

For the Coral Sea historical take on it, Shouhou was to provide air cover for the invasion forces intended to take Port Moresby. Shoukaku and Zuikaku were there to enage any enemy vessel that happened along.

As for the flight decks...Akagi and Hiryuu had their bridge superstructures (island) on the left (port) side of the flight decks. All the other ships in the world (that had islands) had them on the right (starboard) side of the flight decks. Since the art for the shipgirls of these two ships have their decks on opposite arms, this is not the reason. This is more likely so that the two girls in the pair can be side by side without either blocking the other's deck.
Old 2015-02-27, 01:21   Link #26
JokerD

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Can someone explain this to me? Any historic reason that the subs are one good terms with the 1st carrier div?
Due to the subs on lifeguard duty or I-168 sinking Yorktown to avenge them?
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-27, 04:12   Link #27
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I-168 sank USS Yorktown while I-19 sank USS Wasp (the ship that filled in for Yorktown after Midway until September of 1942 when it was sunk). USS Saratoga was just late...she arrived in Hawaii from the West Coast around the same time Yorktown was sunk.
Old 2015-03-19, 15:57   Link #28
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Lists have been updated for ep11.
Old 2015-03-28, 21:22   Link #29
Phantom

In the last episode, was Taihou some amazing Kanmusume that could turn a battle around?
And I saw somewhere in one of these Kancolle threads that Admiral was off building Taihou or storing materials to do so. Why would someone say this?

Just curious is all.
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 21:56   Link #30
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
In the last episode, was Taihou some amazing Kanmusume that could turn a battle around?
And I saw somewhere in one of these Kancolle threads that Admiral was off building Taihou or storing materials to do so. Why would someone say this?

Just curious is all.
Earlier in the season Kaga didn't get a bucket due to ressource and bucket shortage.

Taihou's advantage is that she can still launch planes even if she is moderately damaged, something Akagi, Kaga, Hiryuu and Souryuu shouldn't be capable of.
(Didn't stop them from doing it in EP 12 though lol)

To get Taihou one would need to do large Ship Construction, which can not only result in unwanted ships, instead of the one you actually want, but can also cost 10 times more ressources than normal construction. Depending on the ship you want to build.

The only thing bothering me with the 'Admiral built her' theory is that Nagato and Mutsu seemed to know her, so they probably just got her from another district.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 22:03   Link #31
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Or she was as secret as Yamato, must more reclusive.

Taiho is a newer carrier with an armored flight deck. She carries newer aircraft types than what Akagi and Kaga are seen using.
Old 2015-04-01, 18:19   Link #32
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Update for episode 12 is done.