AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-10-28, 11:18   Link #2041
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Quote:
Well.. I still wonder why the guy jump off so suddenly.. it a good shipping, but I just wondering if Takao prefer which guy though..
It appears he has a dumb-ass sort of a side, he has a sole passion of wanting to see a live whale and swim after them.
Takao prefers Gunzo, but hanging out with this new guy is a change of air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
Nothing's been said about the Fog's power generation other than they have 'reactors' of a type unspecified.

Perhaps some kind of degeneracy matter based concept? It's hard to say when it doesn't seem Ark Performance have given it much thought other than theming the Fog around gravity concepts.
If it's a degeneracy of matter then the process is irreversible? That's not very efficient for a Fog unit right? I can't possibly think a Fog ship can run out of fuel. or maybe i'm wrong, it might as well be for efficient than fusion energy sources.
Tim yy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 14:08   Link #2042
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Okay, finally read the Arpeggio's Salty Road in a language I can understand.

Page 1: (Top, mid, bottom)
Wahhh......she has such nice curves!
awhhh....her face is cute too!
I know I know....her looks are almost too perfect to be human

Page 2:
woah...Takao-san...
...She's like a porcelain doll

Page 3 (right, top left, mid left, bottom left)
Takao: I can FEEL all the beaming looks behind my back
402: you sure it's not your imagination?
Takao: It's the way they are squinting, especially the boys.
402: what can I say... you are kinda "attractive"
Takao: eh?
Takao: why would humans feel that way for a mental model like me?
402: wasn't it the same for you in the opposite?
Takao: the opposite??

Page 4 (Top, mid, bottom right, bottom left)
402: weren't you head-over-heels attracted to Chihaya Gunzo from the bottom of your heart?
Takao: GAHHH!! ...you..you..you...WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!
402: see, you are already blushing, what more is there to it?
Takao:that..that's because you suddenly said some dead phrase like "from the bottom of your heart", which is so embarrassing!
402: a *dead phrase?? (phrase of the past, that no one uses anymore)
402: A dead phrase [taxi driver], [hasta la vista], [telephone]....
Takao: ha..you sure knows how to dug things up..
402: by the way, you become a lot more expressive now,
...kinda like a human

Page 5 (Top right, top left, mid right, mid left, bottom)
Takao: I taken that's not a compliment?
402: perhaps you are correct
Takao: so what?
402: so, is it because your interest in humans that made you became attracted to Chihaya Gunzo? or
It is because you are attracted to Chihaya Gunzo, then you became interested in humans?
Takao: put it which ever way you like
Takao: in the end, it's the result that matters
402: perhaps
402: but humans seem to be interested in the process as well, no?
Takao: that's how a story was made...
402: like falling in Love?
Takao: shu..shut up!
(Guy Charging past Takao...)
wahh?

page 6
Kijima: WEEE!!! hUUUUUU!!! FLYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!

page 7
(Takao grabs Kijima)
Takao: WHY? are you nuts?? Baka!!

page 8 (top, mid, bottom right, bottom left)
Kijima: me?
Kijima: i'm Kijima Tokio, who are you?
Takao: uhmm..I didn't even ask you about that...
Kijima: But....I aam just Kijima Tokio
Takao: okay okay, fine...To answer you, I'm Takao
Kijima: Takao? sounds like a name of a ship!
Takao: !!....did this guy just pick up something about me?!
Kijima: say...Takao, do you want some candy? it's from grandma!
Takao: n..nevermind....

page 9 (top mid bottom)
....chewing candy (tasty!)
Kijima: so what are you doing in a place like this Takao?
Kijima: right now there are things call the "Haze" in the sea, very dangerous stuff!
Takao: they are actually called "FOG"
Takao: so what are you doing here then?
Kijima: do you know about the whale?
Takao: the kind of animal in the seas?
Kijima: Yeah those Whales!

Page 10 (top, mid, bottom left)
Kijima: I want to see it!
Takao: ha? why?
Kijima: obvious! they are huge! the biggest on earth!
Takao:..so that's it?
Kijima: YES! what else?

Page 11 (top mid mid bottom)
Takao: what's going on? I thought humans operated only under reason and foreseeable result?
Kijima: My Granps used to be a fisherman, he saw whales many times when he's out fishing in the seas. Then he told me stories about it when I was small..
Kijima: I wanted to be a fisherman just like Granps, but, those guys call the "Mist" came, so the sea is off the limit.
Takao: it's the "FOG"
Kijima: I came here today to see the whale in the sea, ...but Takao-san you stopped me...
Takao: more like I saved you!
Takao: you are a strange guy, I thought people act only behind clear reasons?
Kijima: oh really?
Kijima: it's just off my heart, finding a reason makes my head hurt
Takao: such clueless-ness, I can't comprehend you at all....

Page 12 (Top)
Kijima: I think it's the same thing like falling in love! You don't need a reason for that right?
Kijima: hey Takao, do you have some one you love?
Takao: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 13 (Top right, Top left, mid, bottom)
Takao: GAA....NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOO WAYYYYY
Takao: Noopeeee! I have a clean slate when it comes to LOVE!!
Takao: (why why...why i'm I feeling so nervous? Do I need to adjust my emotion simulations?....AHHH...WHY i'm I so embarrassed!!!)
Kijima: ah, no? right....a clean slate
Takao: err...that was easy....
Takao: so what about you Kijima? do you have a girl you like?
Kijima: meh...I'm too centred around seeing the whale you see...

Page 14 (top right, mid right, top left, bottom)
Kijima: kk, time for me to go, I will be here again tomorrow, please don't try to stop me again, please?
Takao: (is he begging me to come and to stop him??)
Kijima: GAH! why did I tell her that!! Why!!!?
Takao: okay, just leave
Takao: what a strange guy.....
Octpus Hat: aiay...Humans are difficult to understand right?
Takao: yeah...so is a talking octpus.....

(to be continued? Maybe?)

Last edited by Tim yy; 2014-10-29 at 14:26.
Old 2014-10-29, 14:59   Link #2043
Nagakun
The One who Peek

^ ... Why am I think of an Octopus with a ship at the moment??
Old 2014-10-30, 11:24   Link #2044
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Spoiler for C59:
Old 2014-10-30, 11:32   Link #2045
Nagakun
The One who Peek

^What?! (*o* !!)

Omigosh... someone didn't get a powerup.. it a total renewly upgrade!!
Old 2014-10-30, 15:24   Link #2046
DLRevan

Spoiler for c59:

About the energy, unless we really go way out there and say energy conservation doesn't matter, I'm sure the Fog run out of "fuel" sometime, whatever they use. It just doesn't have to be within the next few centuries...

I quite doubt they're using anything as mundane as regular fusion power plants. While it would be a near infinite power source, it probably wouldn't output enough immediate energy, at least with reactors than can fit in these ships.

I just thought it might be something that exploits degeneracy pressure to manipulate gravitons or other exotic particles. Matter in a degenerate state have altered quantum energy states and is still otherwise 'regular' matter, it's not irreversible.
DLRevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 21:43   Link #2047
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

My bad, the one who deployed the twin cannons is Myukuo, she's going to snipe 401

Omfg, Kongou on the other hand resumed version 2 of her Death Star form (without the shell), Iona later popped out and took a peek..... her expression was definitely "OH FUK"
Old 2014-10-30, 22:41   Link #2048
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim yy View Post
Omfg, Kongou on the other hand resumed version 2 of her Death Star form (without the shell), Iona later popped out and took a peek..... her expression was definitely "OH FUK"
Now this really drives into our heads the idea of the strong rumor about Death-Kongou in Ars Nova was AP’s own idea being true . After all, they’re the ones that come up with Maya’s twist and Kongou’s mental-breakdown that leads to the climax. And now they do this in the manga .
Old 2014-10-31, 01:23   Link #2049
Nagakun
The One who Peek

Well.. even if I am in that situation against that ship, the first thing would be "FK, I'm screwed!"
Old 2014-10-31, 03:21   Link #2050
DLRevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Now this really drives into our heads the idea of the strong rumor about Death-Kongou in Ars Nova was AP’s own idea being true . After all, they’re the ones that come up with Maya’s twist and Kongou’s mental-breakdown that leads to the climax. And now they do this in the manga .
Yeah. Maya betrayed Kongou, and Kongou pulled an powerup stunt which defies what we know about the capabilities they have, where she turns into a "Death Star not-a-battleship" so she can hide her broken heart. How similar. I'm sure in the next chapter, Iona will defeat Kongou by appealing to her that everybody should be friends.

If that thing was also AP's own idea, doesn't mean jack. We already showed our dissatisfaction about the scenario, so even if AP came up with it, that doesn't magically mean its good. We don't defend the manga like its cardinal either, this series has had its problems with pacing, plot and other loopholes.

Even then, I doubt it. They want to top it instead, fit it into their better-fitting scenario, and reaffirm kongou's prior image of a flagship, proving they can deliver something better. That would be a natural thing to do as the original creator, even if you liked the adaptation of your work. If you still want to see that as the same thing....well. Whatever makes you happy and reaffirmed.
Old 2014-10-31, 03:41   Link #2051
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
Yeah. Maya betrayed Kongou, and Kongou pulled an powerup stunt which defies what we know about the capabilities they have, where she turns into a "Death Star not-a-battleship" so she can hide her broken heart. How similar. I'm sure in the next chapter, Iona will defeat Kongou by appealing to her that everybody should be friends.

If that thing was also AP's own idea, doesn't mean jack. We already showed our dissatisfaction about the scenario, so even if AP came up with it, that doesn't magically mean its good. We don't defend the manga like its cardinal either, this series has had its problems with pacing, plot and other loopholes.

Even then, I doubt it. They want to top it instead, fit it into their better-fitting scenario, and reaffirm kongou's prior image of a flagship, proving they can deliver something better. That would be a natural thing to do as the original creator, even if you liked the adaptation of your work. If you still want to see that as the same thing....well. Whatever makes you happy and reaffirmed.
Dude, you seriously need to calm down and learn to let go with all the aggression. You seem to feel offended even though I don’t mean to point my finger at anyone with my comment. Just expressing what I thought was related to the Ars Nova. Just take a deep breath and let go.

Btw, thanks for the Salty Road translation, Tim.
Old 2014-10-31, 03:50   Link #2052
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Dude, you seriously need to calm down and learn to let go with all the aggression. You seem to feel offended even though I don’t mean to point my finger at anyone with my comment. Just expressing what I thought was related to the Ars Nova. Just take a deep breath and let go.

Btw, thanks for the Salty Road translation, Tim.
I am writing this as a guy without any real opinion on Ars Nova, you may not have intented anything with your post but even i read it close to "you didnt like Ars Nova Kongou ? too bad that may going to be cannon soon "
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 04:03   Link #2053
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
I am writing this as a guy without any real opinion on Ars Nova, you may not have intented anything with your post but even i read it close to "you didnt like Ars Nova Kongou ? too bad that may going to be cannon soon "
That’s not exactly what I’m aiming for with my comment. But even if that’s true, and if the manga indeed going that way, it shouldn’t be something that offends anyone, is it? Or do manga-readers here have become ultra sensitive whenever Ars Nova is mentioned?
Old 2014-10-31, 07:00   Link #2054
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

It's all good man,

There are a lot of good discussions on the Chinese forum i'm spying on. ranging form shield discussion, human vs fog technologies, character developments...etc, but right now there is an over-whelming agreement that if fog was a tiny little bit serious, humans would lost more than just the sea, and even the vibration torpedo was just a political tool that will NOT Matter anything in dealing with the fog even if it's mass produced.

I'm not going to post Kongo's new looks because there no storage ><..the manga its self will be out in a few days/hours? You guys will be the judge again until then.

but right now it AP definitely depicted a true warfare, with destroyers (fodders?), cruisers, battleships and even submarines (I-18 has appeared too), and of course the boss and it's OP suit up. The scenes all looked amazing.
Old 2014-10-31, 08:05   Link #2055
Tenzen12

I don't remember how harsh I was with Deathstar, but rather than it I had problem with whole that shonen-classic escalation (and Takiona was nothing but stupid from point of it's birth) Klein field using power of friendship and willpower to swim through Deathstar beam (and even open own Klein field to shoot through it)

In other Real!Kongou having similar or even greater firepower is not sign of inconsistency simply because if she hit Iona it's gonner and no feelings can do damn about it (I really hope she is not gonna tank it). Yeah it's really cool and stuff, but rather than scaling battles up just because here is Kongou metamorphosis here iit's used for exposition even thus huge battle is just build up for future and revelation of what is flagship rank battleship capable. For that very reason it can't be really be. ?considered asspull unlike whole deal with Ars Nova.
Old 2014-10-31, 14:41   Link #2056
DLRevan

Quote:
Yes. Lets give a remark about what other people should think, on a topic that was definitely in this thread but wasn't resolved between the people here, then tell me to let it roll over.

You said "drives into our heads". I'll drive into your head this: After all that happened, you should have let it lie and not brought it up. And even if you had a friggin' burning desire to AGAIN bring it up, you could have worded it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
Said it one line and less harsh than I did, but this is exactly what I mean.

Last edited by DLRevan; 2014-10-31 at 15:16.
Old 2014-10-31, 22:03   Link #2057
Tim yy
SS Abysmal Gale

Spoiler for MAJOR SPOILERS:

Spoiler for The Official Published KONGO Doujinshi aka. the Fog Theatre Extra :

Last edited by Tim yy; 2014-10-31 at 22:50.
Old 2014-11-01, 02:13   Link #2058
Tenzen12

Not that I didn't do that before... but Kongou really doesn't play around

She doesn't let me forget why she is my favourite antagonist.
Old 2014-11-01, 21:48   Link #2059
synx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim yy View Post
Spoiler for MAJOR SPOILERS:

Spoiler for The Official Published KONGO Doujinshi aka. the Fog Theatre Extra :
That is insane construction rate.
synx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 00:58   Link #2060
DLRevan

Places the Flagships in a different light...they really are different. All those discussions we had about Flagships and their relevance and provenance last year went out the window, Flagships are made as Flagships, and they're probably more important than the rest of the Fog put together, between this and other abilities they may have...

Spoiler for further thoughts:

Finally, the Kongou book? But how in the worlds did it not sell? 402....doomed to fail...

Last edited by DLRevan; 2014-11-02 at 01:12.

Tags
action, comedy, sci-fi, seinen