AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-07, 22:24   Link #281
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
... and Japanese in Japan have been quietly getting a bit taller each generation.
That seems to be true for all people. My dad grew up in an old colonial house in Connecticut where the kitchen ceiling was very short. I think he actually had to duck walking around in there. He often points out smaller doorways and lower ceilings in old buildings.
Old 2010-01-15, 15:20   Link #282
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Since no one has mentioned this:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIO!

Old 2010-01-15, 18:25   Link #283
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Ah, I didn't know it was her birthday? Which days are the others'?
Old 2010-01-15, 19:56   Link #284
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIO!

haha I can only guess you took a peek in the "Which Anime Characters Have The Same Birthday As You?" thread

Come to think about it they never had any birthday parts in the either the anime or manga, have they?
Would love to see Mio or Mugi Bday ep
Old 2010-01-15, 21:29   Link #285
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIO!

A day late but never mind.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIO!!!!
Old 2010-01-17, 02:01   Link #286
Wyxor

Happy belated birthday Mio, I'm getting you a brand new blue striped panties.

And oh, one set of a maid outfit. A tight one.
Old 2010-02-23, 00:34   Link #287
wingman32x

By far my favorite character of this series. I like her mainly because she's the most sane girl out of the bunch. Yui and Ritsu are fun, but they can get annoying sometimes IMO. I also love how scared she gets over the stupidest stuff lol. I loved when she took over on vocals when Yui lost her voice. I was rooting for her lol.
Old 2010-02-23, 09:57   Link #288
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Gotta laugh at all the Mio love.

That said I empathised with her most out of the main people in the show because I can relate to her on a personal level. She chose to play bass for almost identical reasons I did when I first started, I don't like being the centre of the spotlight and the idea of one day standing on a stage in front of loads of people if I persued a musical career certainly fills me with the same reservations and doubts she exhibited several times in the show.
Given the rest of her behaviour I just felt I could understand her a little more personally (well as much as a guy can a girl).

Also the fact she's often relatively serious compared to the rest when there's a job to be done, and gets frustrated when everyone else is bumming about or not doing a good job, but then will relax when theres nothing immediate to be done. It's another trait of hers I see in myself.

Theres also the fact that I was in a small band for a few weeks back in college that was very similar to the dynamics of K-on (we even had the same 5 piece instrument layout), although it fell apart, and I played a similar role in that to the one Mio does in the show; I wasn't the worst in the band, although not the best, and I wanted to practice and write stuff while a few of the others just messed around...which was why it fell apart! It was a lot of fun though *nostalgic*

Most of my friends nowadays aren't into the whole band/playing stuff,which is one of the reasons I rarely practice very much anymore,and the one dude who does is a bit superior and only plays with people at his own level (he was a bassist before a guitarist, and needless to say a lot better than I am).
Reading: None at the moment

Last edited by tyranuus; 2010-02-26 at 19:30.
Old 2010-05-03, 23:29   Link #289
Chamusri

In episode 3 of the second season they explained more about Akiyama Mio's personality. Her personality is liked the role of her selected instrument in the band. She want to support other members without being the center of spotlight but on the other hand she don't want to be left behind too. How cute >_<
Old 2010-07-08, 16:43   Link #290
ICEheaven102
Tui là người Viẹt!

Send a message via MSN to ICEheaven102
Mio is the best!
Old 2010-07-09, 01:44   Link #291
Sparvid
*hic*

Something that caught my mind: So, Mio is unable to hit Mugi, but is it because Mugi is way too cute and innocent, or is Ritsu the only one who gets to taste Mio's wrath? If Yui did the same things, would she recieve a bump in the head?

I seem to recall a scene from the first season when all of them were goofing off, so Mio punched Ritsu in response, who whimpered "Why only me?"
Old 2010-07-09, 01:56   Link #292
GreatTeacherKen

Well Ritsu does enjoy teasing Mio by preying on her insecurities like deliberately telling ghost stories and what-not, I think that's why Ritsu ends up being Mio's punching bag. I don't think Mugi's ever done anything like that except for the whole strawberry stealing incident and I guess that was so traumatic that she started crying instead of using violence.
Old 2010-07-09, 02:28   Link #293
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
Something that caught my mind: So, Mio is unable to hit Mugi, but is it because Mugi is way too cute and innocent, or is Ritsu the only one who gets to taste Mio's wrath? If Yui did the same things, would she recieve a bump in the head?

I seem to recall a scene from the first season when all of them were goofing off, so Mio punched Ritsu in response, who whimpered "Why only me?"
Normally, she knows Ritsu teases her deliberately, so as a result, she gives Ritsu a bump on the noggin to straighten her out (which never seems to work).

If Yui does something stupid, it's rarely because she means it, but because she either gets caught in Ritsu's antics or because she does it by accident. Mio probably knows that, hence why she often hits Ritsu whenever Yui does something that provokes her. Kinda like she's saying, "you're being a bad influence to her, stop doing that."

And I also tend to think Ritsu kinda expects Mio to hit her, as some sort of sign that they're still friends (which would make Ritsu slightly masochistic).

Edit: that is probably why she couldn't hit Mugi either. She knew she didn't mean to do what she did.

Last edited by Lord of Fire; 2010-07-09 at 02:42.
Old 2010-07-09, 08:40   Link #294
kitten320

The way I saw it is... Mio knows Ritsu from young childhood and the closes to her out of all. Yes, she is close with others but not to such level. Also each one of them gives different aura especially Mugi who so far showed nothing more but kindness in comparison to Ritsu who always teases her. It is just hard to hit someone else just like that.

I myself can't do everything with everyone, I would say that it is moreof psychological barrier...

For example you have a teasing sister and a teasing mother! It is really unlikely that you would smack your own mother while sister definetly would get some.
Old 2010-07-09, 12:23   Link #295
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

What kitten says.... Ritsu is the only one Mio really feels secure enough with to thump. The other girls she's only known for a short time.
Old 2010-07-09, 13:05   Link #296
kitten320

Haha yeh, something like that
Old 2010-07-09, 13:15   Link #297
Sotobrastos

Love how Mio looks in the ED.
Old 2010-07-09, 14:14   Link #298
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
What kitten says.... Ritsu is the only one Mio really feels secure enough with to thump. The other girls she's only known for a short time.
I think you made a misspelling. According to Mugi, "Thump" should be spelt with one less "t" in this case.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-07-09, 21:10   Link #299
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I was going to say "bonk" but I knew how that would fly (handchop's Saintess on the head)
Old 2010-07-12, 13:34   Link #300
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just noticed something about the Desktop accessory software of K-on.

Mio always screams Ritsu!!! Rii-chan.

Tags
characters