AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-22, 11:20   Link #101
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm surprised they still haven't introduced the wild card (actually can't remember if it's called that way in P5, but people familiar with the franchise know what I'm talking about). How they're going to handle this is something I've been looking forward to, since it works differently here. Maybe next week?
Old 2018-04-22, 11:29   Link #102
bercerus

really. the more they animate shiho. the more hotter she is. now she is on par with other waifus.

and shiho is one of few people in shujin who threat joker kindly and empathize him. wonder if P5 ever get "extended edition" like FES and golden. may be atlus will add shiho's confidant and make her date-able(after she recover from fall injury and dont make her transfer after incident).
bercerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 11:44   Link #103
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm surprised they still haven't introduced the wild card (actually can't remember if it's called that way in P5, but people familiar with the franchise know what I'm talking about). How they're going to handle this is something I've been looking forward to, since it works differently here. Maybe next week?
I've been wondering that too, since Arsene seems so symbolic to the whole Phantom Thief motif. But I assume he'll be able to do it, given his codename of Joker. Can't remember if he did it in the OVA or not either, to be honest.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 12:49   Link #104
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Is the fight against Kamoshida so long in the game?
Old 2018-04-22, 20:17   Link #105
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Maybe like 20 minutes?
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 04:41   Link #106
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
"Worst case scenario, he could die." <- not seeing a real downside there...
Most people aren't very comfortable with the thought of being responsible for another human being's death.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 09:34   Link #107
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
See, the answer is no, BUT that takes into account a whole bunch of other things that don't take place in the anime (obviously). I think that we call it a rushed adaptation because a Persona game blooms in its side stories, of which we have very little in a Persona anime.

Moving on to more objective remarks, the battle was just as bad, so I've subconsciously lowered my standards to minimum until we get a boss fight. Even so, minus points for not playing "keeper of lust" in combat, particularly since the rest of the game's tracks are being used when appropriate, and additional minus points for Morgana pulling a slingshot out of his butt and nobody even flinching...well, except the Pixie.

Next week should be the finale of Kamoshida's palace, do note that everything besides the fight is pretty good, especially taking into account how little time there is to get the feel of the ever-changing mood.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 12:43   Link #108
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Noo... Shiho raped...

If only MC and DQN immediately reformed Kamoshida, that wouldn't have happened...
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 12:53   Link #109
pervypig

Chill, she got beaten up, not raped. Kamo-Shit-a can't make it stand, so he just use his fists instead.

On another note, this persona series is my least favorite. Why the heck can the MC only rebel in metaverse?
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 13:39   Link #110
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
See, the answer is no, BUT that takes into account a whole bunch of other things that don't take place in the anime (obviously). I think that we call it a rushed adaptation because a Persona game blooms in its side stories, of which we have very little in a Persona anime.
To be fair by this point in the game you had virtually zero confidants happening so you can't really say whether the adaptation dropped them or not.
Old 2018-04-23, 14:00   Link #111
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think you had Tae and Soujiro, can't really remember atm. Still, I doubt there will be time for shogi in this adaptation, so...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 14:00   Link #112
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
Chill, she got beaten up, not raped. Kamo-Shit-a can't make it stand, so he just use his fists instead.

On another note, this persona series is my least favorite. Why the heck can the MC only rebel in metaverse?
Nah... She was definitely raped

Beatings happened to her all the time, why suicide now?
The flashback also shown Kamo-shit-a smiling
And he said he did to her what he couldn't to Ann
And he wanted Ann into his bedroom
Old 2018-04-23, 14:00   Link #113
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post

Uhhh... sure. Let's go with that.

And to answer your question, he's on probation as was mentioned in Episode 1. He makes a single screw up and he's going to prison. That's why he was told to keep his head down and ignore what was going on by Coffee Dad. The Metaverse allows him to keep his MO solid and leaves no witnesses, making it the perfect crime... well, at least until he got caught in the opening.

Also, review done. The gist is that Kamoshida is a douche bag and they're merging some of the Confidant events into the story. Putting Ann's first event into the same scene with Kamoshida's call put into perspective even more just how much she's struggling.
Old 2018-04-24, 02:04   Link #114
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm with wuhugm on this. The game strongly implied it and so did the show. But if you want to buy into their plausible deniability, then go right ahead. That's what plausible deniability is for.
Old 2018-04-24, 10:49   Link #115
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The show will never come out and say it, but it's pretty obvious she was raped. As wuhugm explained, he told Ann he did to Shiho what he couldn't do to her. Ann herself was painfully aware what he wanted from her, which is why she was so scared when he invited her over. Of course, she could have never imagined refusing him would make him go after Shiho instead.
Old 2018-04-24, 11:15   Link #116
The Green One

This isn't a hentai anime so they're obviously not going to show her getting raped. What are you lot expecting anyway? They still made it clear enough for anyone who is observant enough to read between the lines.
Old 2018-04-24, 11:23   Link #117
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^The truth...
Old 2018-04-25, 01:15   Link #118
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I don't think the game and the series can be any more obvious without outright telling you that she was raped, or at least sexually assaulted, and that Kamoshida is a physically abusive sexual predator.

Still disappointed though that best girl still isn't in the ED.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2018-04-25 at 01:31.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 10:51   Link #119
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Still disappointed though that best girl still isn't in the ED.
Clearly, you didn't pay enough attention. Makoto has been in the ED since the beginning!
Old 2018-04-26, 02:46   Link #120
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Let the waifu wars begin.