AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2018-11-29, 07:12   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Ciconia no Naku Koro ni (When they Cry 5)

Ryukishi07 has released a teaser PV for the fifth installment of the naku koro ni series, Ciconia no Naku Koro ni (When the Ciconia Cry).
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
As you can see, this is drastically different compared to Higurashi and Umineko. Also, his promise that it will be more "international" wasn't for show.

Once again, Witch Hunt will take care of the translation.
Old 2018-11-29, 10:43   Link #2
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Are you going to release the translation at the same time as the game comes out or will it still be like the usual where you will translate it after the game is released?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-29, 11:04   Link #3
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
[...]
Also, his promise that it will be more "international" wasn't for show.

I mean you yourself and witch hunt appear in the credits (at 1:09), so I think that alone gives emphasis on the "international" part, if the whole recent kickstarter collaboration for Umineko didn't already make that obvious.

In case it doesn't violate any possible NDAs that might exist, can you tell us anything about the rumored EP9 of Umineko? Just asking for the feint possibility there is.

Also, and I don't think it's just me thinking this, but ever since the Umineko sub-forum got "retired" it's hard to get any discussion going over there, even harder than if it got it's own seperate thread on this VN sub-forum instead.
Old 2018-11-29, 11:34   Link #4
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Are you going to release the translation at the same time as the game comes out or will it still be like the usual where you will translate it after the game is released?
We weren't given any other material aside of the text used for the PV. Time will tell, but right now, Ryukishi07 is focusing on writing both Ciconia and Umineko Saku.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
In case it doesn't violate any possible NDAs that might exist, can you tell us anything about the rumored EP9 of Umineko? Just asking for the feint possibility there is.

Also, and I don't think it's just me thinking this, but ever since the Umineko sub-forum got "retired" it's hard to get any discussion going over there, even harder than if it got it's own seperate thread on this VN sub-forum instead.
Ryukishi07 didn't tell us any detail regarding the new content for Saku, so I wouldn't be able to confirm those rumors. At the very least, we can expect some medium sized episode, but that's my opinion on that matter.

Regarding the forum matter, the thing is that subforums are intended for material with an anime who fills AS criteria. Ciconia is not released yet and probably won't have an anime adaptation (considering what happened to chiru, higanbana, RGD and TRianThology). And it would be a bit weird to put back umineko subforum just because of Ciconia which won't really share the plot or even the themes.
Old 2018-11-29, 22:45   Link #5
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Regarding the forum matter, the thing is that subforums are intended for material with an anime who fills AS criteria. Ciconia is not released yet and probably won't have an anime adaptation (considering what happened to chiru, higanbana, RGD and TRianThology). And it would be a bit weird to put back umineko subforum just because of Ciconia which won't really share the plot or even the themes.
No, I wasn't refering to moving this thread here into the Umineko threads. It's obviously a new entry in the WHEN THEY CRY series and at least as "seperate" from Umineko as Higurashi is, most likely. Neither was I suggesting to return the Umineko sub-forum back from retirement. Instead, I was refering to whether or not a Umineko VN discussion thread could be created on this sub-forum, because people are extremely unlikely to see any posts on a retired anime sub-forum which pretty much no one visited for the anime itself ever since it finished airing, but has instead been taken over by VN discussions for a few years (I would know, since I was an active participent) until the discussions declined and then the Umineko anime sub-forum was finally retired. With its current retired status the sub-forum trashes any potential traffic over there, since you can only find it if you are actiely searching for it, or if it's the "newest post" in the entire "Older Series" sub-forum section.

I know this would be out of the norm, but considering that WHEN THEY CRY 4+ is an entirely new release, perhaps it might warrant a seperate thread on this general VN sub-forum instead? I mean we already had the precedent of splitting an entire source material sub-forum from the anime sub-forum with the Raildex franchise (on top of already splitting Railgun from Index), so doing the same, but instead just creating a single thread (or maybe another one for general Umineko discussions) for a sub-forum that has already been retired anyway, shouldn't be too much of a bother, I think.

Last edited by GreyZone; 2018-11-29 at 23:00.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-30, 01:35   Link #6
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I was still in medical school when Umineko came out. Whatever controversy the ending eventuall caused I'm very much on board with the new work by R07.

That said... are the usual suspects in this? I suspect Bernkastel has a few more lives she wants to ruin.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-30, 08:59   Link #7
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Speaking of Bern, how does Lambda fair in her latest game with Bern in Hotarubi. Last time I read the manga ending, she died right at the end before she managed to come out of hell I wonder if there's continuation of it or not since the manga didn't show Bern and Lambda part unlike the prologue novel..

Old 2018-11-30, 21:35   Link #8
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I'm surprised Ryukishi is still alive
I'm more surprised that they are still using thatugly character illustrator. I thought the Higurashi remakes found some other guy to do them...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-30, 21:40   Link #9
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, that's normal because Ryukishi is the illustrator for all the games he has produced, with RGD as some kind of exception since it involved several illustrators, mostly thanks to his connections with Square Enix.
07th Expansion is still a doujin circle, so unless they are backed up by someone like SE, hiring an actual professional illustrator isn't exactly doable.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-11-30 at 21:52.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-30, 23:33   Link #10
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Well, that's normal because Ryukishi is the illustrator for all the games he has produced, with RGD as some kind of exception since it involved several illustrators, mostly thanks to his connections with Square Enix.
07th Expansion is still a doujin circle, so unless they are backed up by someone like SE, hiring an actual professional illustrator isn't exactly doable.
Hmm, I don't know about that. I mean, perhaps not a professional illustrator, but there are plenty of artists out there that he could hire to draw the characters.
...If he wanted to spend that money.
It's R-18-related, so it isn't exactly the same (but close enough), but for instance, Crooked Navel's person doesn't exactly draw the best characters. But for his current series, he got someone else (Masami Aoi, who does doujins) to do the illustrations. And other people to do other stuff.

I personally think he should dish out the cash to get more attractive artwork, so that he can attract new customers and not just the remaining fans of his myster...y...(?) magical stories.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2018-12-01, 08:16   Link #11
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

He did that in RGD already, which was great but then people (at least in my known circle) prefers Ryukishi to use his original art instead I think it has its own charm that makes people like it I guess...

Old 2018-12-01, 10:35   Link #12
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I personally think Ryukishi's sprites have their charm because facial expression are very fitting, especially in Umineko.
Rose Guns Days worked pretty well though and you can tell the Mangakas who helped him followed his instructions to a T, especially Souichirou's Rose.

But RGD is most likely an exception because the cast was fairly smaller, Square Enix planned a manga right from the get go and it involve some themes that needed more eyecandy stuff.
Ciconia cast is at the very least composed of 24 characters and it involve sci fi stuff. I don't think finding a single illustrator filling the bill AND working for cheap while following strict instructions would be easy to find.
Old 2018-12-04, 19:31   Link #13
DragonXX

Quote:
Ryukishi07 has released a teaser PV for the fifth installment of the naku koro ni series, Ciconia no Naku Koro ni (When the Ciconia Cry).
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
As you can see, this is drastically different compared to Higurashi and Umineko. Also, his promise that it will be more "international" wasn't for show.

I am guessing that each episode in this game will follow a different team
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-14, 13:57   Link #14
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Official opening has been uploaded.

Some people already noticed the similar text for Warcat and Grave Mole. That was an oversight. It will be fixed for the game release.

Speaking of which, since it wasn't mentioned here: the release was delayed because of issues regarding the content volume but also the new engine system for Ciconia. Since that system is also used for Umineko Saku, the latter is delayed as well.
The master up is scheduled for end September, so the game won't be released before end september/october.
Old 2019-07-14, 21:09   Link #15
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I think the artist has gotten... slightly better since... 6 years ago?
Well, I guess that isn't his main job, so maybe that is the limit of his ability to improve.

Old 2019-10-04, 04:36   Link #16
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Just saw the game on Steam as released...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-04, 23:54   Link #17
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

5 mins in and it's already pretty much child abuse scene lol
Classic ryukishi

Old 2021-10-01, 22:58   Link #18
beruga

Ciconia Theories:

Spoiler for Ciconia Phase 1 Spoilers:
beruga is offline   Reply With Quote