AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-07, 01:10   Link #21
Xeiros

This right here is what I'm growing to dislike more and more in anime. Characters that don't act even remotely human. Instead we get these weird, inhuman, simplistic archetypes that are so unnatural it takes you completely out of the experience.

When the characters are just as fake as everything else the viewer has nothing to relate to. Oh looks there's the token "insert character archetype here" their VA will deliver all of their lines in one of X emotional states and their canned dialogue will be one these X lines. There's zero personality here. You can't form any sort of emotional connection when the characters are this bare bones.

That's a large factor in why some find this to be boring. It's lifeless. There's nothing to relate to or care about. It's not funny in a general sense. This screams generic anime feel in the worst way. The more anime you watch the more of tired of it you become. It's the easy way out when it comes to writing. The characters are the most important part of any anime for me and the way these are written is how not to do it.
Old 2014-10-07, 02:20   Link #22
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Hmm, seems somewhat interesting for a first episode. I always find something hilarious about anime female character that are able to magically pull out weapons out of their skirts as it's just funny to see.

Wow, our dear Sento musketeer has a nice dearly rear if it was just a glimpse.
Old 2014-10-07, 02:30   Link #23
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Wow, our dear Sento musketeer has a nice dearly rear if it was just a glimpse.
That glimpse felt like an eternity.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 02:56   Link #24
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 01

Hmm...it is interesting to compare how the manga started and developed the story compared to the adaptation. No idea what it is like in the souce novel. Anyhoo, not so bad, I guess. The animation was par for the course lovely KyoAni quality, but somehow neither the OP nor the ED interested me much - though, again, I felt the visuals did a very good job matching the audio.

Still, an introductory ep through and through, and not a whole lot dangled in front of us in terms of background story. Well, in any event I will give it a few eps for the story and the various characters to come alive more.
Old 2014-10-07, 03:16   Link #25
ookamigirl

That was a new way of asking someone out..
The park had one weird thing after another.
I liked his comments on everything park related.
Wow, he got pretty irritated fast.
This is weird, but it has potential..
Might give it a try.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 03:26   Link #26
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Liked a lot this first episode, this one with trinity seven were the one that i wanted to see the most of this season, talking about animation, just perfect, the voices for me really suited the characters and the plot seems nice, it was kinda slow but that can be solved in further episodes, the interaction of the characters was nice (wanna see the past of the mc), like how she asked the date, to the sudden (but expected at the same time) kiss with the princess
I have high expectations in this one, so im gonna keep watching this serie to the end.

And that gunpull from the skirt was like, wat?
9.5/10
Old 2014-10-07, 04:57   Link #27
Tenzen12

Yeah, very good episode with inte resting settings and funny characters. Plus I can't not love show with (not)Bonta-kun
Old 2014-10-07, 05:03   Link #28
R.LocK
My turn

Hey, Mamimura. Hey, magic thingies. Hey, snarky protagonist. Seen that, been there.

I'll watch this, but I'd rather re-watch Hyouka.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 05:49   Link #29
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I can't believe I'm saying this

Would be the first anime I watched SOLELY for fanservice, thank you Kyo Ani.
Old 2014-10-07, 06:03   Link #30
AntonKutovoi

So... where does she hide her gun?
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 06:28   Link #31
brocko

^ It's magic.

---------

Rather lackluster start tbh. Things picked up a little once Bonta came into the picture, but it slowly dipped back down again afterwards. Even if the gags in the 2nd half were a little bit better than the 1st half, it was still slowly trending back to the not funny territory of the 1st half. The little revelation at the end was kinda interesting I guess, but nothing too captivating to write home about.

I have a feeling it's going to be upto Bonta to carry the show unless the rest of the cast turn out to be wackily entertaining as well. The premise seems like the perfect type for some wacky goofballs to just work their magic and go nuts (ala Arakawa under the Bridge style), but I dunno their introductions seem to be rather tame for the most part (apart from Bonta of course) which has me rather befuddled. This is suppose to be a comedy right? I can see hints of some seriousness that's already been foreshadowed, but there's gotta be a little something to tide us over in the meantime until you decide to play that card 10 episodes in. At the moment, it's just dry monotonous humour that misses more often than it hits (for me anyway) and I'm not sure I'd be willing to stick around that long if that's all that's in stall. We'll see how things continue to play out I guess.

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2014-10-07 at 06:48.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 06:41   Link #32
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
So... where does she hide her gun?
She has a hyperspace storage system underneath her skirt!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 06:51   Link #33
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
That was boring as hell. It wasn't funny but at the same time it didn't reek of Kyoani moe moe like most of their shows do though that princess character fit that bill in terms of character design. And as a rarity, we actually got an nude asshot and I don't recall Kyoani being a big studio on ecchi. Whatever though, that was probably the most interesting shot out of the whole episode :/

Color me unimpressed considering its the FMP writer/Hyouka director duo. Then again Hyouka took a while before it took off so maybe it's the same here...
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 06:52   Link #34
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
She has a hyperspace storage system underneath her skirt!
The truth is slightly less amazing, but it also shows her personality.
Spoiler for spoiler for how it works and why:
Old 2014-10-07, 06:54   Link #35
bakaouji

I managed to laugh a couple of times and that's pretty much all I need to qualify any show as a must watch. In the premiere, the two central leads managed to carry the entire weight of the humor on their shoulders pretty much effortlessly. I liked how the latter literally strong-armed the former into taking a tour of the dilapidated park. It's one way to get the plot started as soon as the show begins.

Kanie's flabbergasted and exasperated reactions and Sento's deadpan delivery were funny and spot on. As long as these two stay solid, I'm sure the show's gonna do just fine.

Looking forward to next week.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 07:41   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not an incredibly exciting start, but I'd say it was alright.

Going to need some entertaining personalities to carry this since musket girl is going to be the flat type. I suppose the MC's narcissism actually brought some life to it. I guess this is where child actors end up . Do want to see just what happened with him and that Princess before.

And I suppose props for including a walking reminder that we're not going to be watching any Full Metal Panic sequel here .
Old 2014-10-07, 08:17   Link #37
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well that was surprising in many ways! Not entirely what I was expecting, especially coming in from both the manga and volume 1's translation.

Like that surprise ass shot. Oh wow KyoAni, when was the last time THAT happened?

I'll wait a bit for the others to comment (and let two days pass mayhaps?), and maybe compare the differences I remember from the manga.
Old 2014-10-07, 10:20   Link #38
bastek66

I gathered some gifs (some are nsfw thank to beautiful white ass™)
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-10-07, 10:45   Link #39
HandofFate

Finally finished Amagi Brilliant Park 01
hm. Kind of neutral on this, but still looking forward to what they're going to do with this.

I didn't laugh at any of the silly stuff and gags it tried to do in the first half at all, but I'm very interested in the character story they have in store for the MC.
Old 2014-10-07, 10:57   Link #40
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Also, some points to ponder regarding naming:

Color me stunned. I did NOT notice at first.

Tags
comedy, fantasy, light novel adaptation, romance