AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-10-03, 19:32   Link #61
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Didn't we go over this in the LN thread? Seeing a maiden's bare body is a sin only a saint can forgive. Julis is no saint but she's proven herself not to be a bitch either.
I've never been to the LN thread? I don't have any prior knowledge of this series other than this episode.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 19:34   Link #62
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Kakuma Ai (Julis)
That's Kakuma Ai? Wow, I was trying to pin down the VA for Julis, and I thought it was Ayana Taketatsu (as Kirino).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 19:58   Link #63
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I only read the first LN volume, but doesn't Ayato seem a little too... I don't know... "passive" here compared to the LN? Or was he always like that and I just didn't realize? At least him going "uhm, uhm, that is, uhm..." felt a bit annoying...
Yeah, the anime cut off some of the dialogue where he tried a lot more to talk her down until he realized he had no choice but to deal.
Old 2015-10-03, 20:14   Link #64
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Got about 5 minutes into this before I lost any interest that might have been in the back of my mind. Anything that could be good about this series in the future is ultimately overshadowed by the inane, overused tropes that I doubt will disappear later on.
Old 2015-10-03, 20:15   Link #65
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Yeah, the anime cut off some of the dialogue where he tried a lot more to talk her down until he realized he had no choice but to deal.
as well as some of julis' justification for attacking him.

oh well, the tsun goes way down after wards so in retrospect, it didn't do much damage
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 20:20   Link #66
Seihai
スマイリウム

A common and basic premise, but with a very good execution I thought. The animation is neat and clean and the OP is likable (I like the song). The 3 characters so far are rather likable, too. Great stuff.
Old 2015-10-03, 20:28   Link #67
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

Lieseltania: Does anyone know where Lieseltania lies on the world map? I thought it was the world's version of Liechtenstein.
I don't think it is specifically said where it is. All that's said is that it's a European country that has no airports so people traveling through air have to go through Germany or Austria to get there.
Old 2015-10-03, 21:16   Link #68
Phantomlurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I don't think it is specifically said where it is. All that's said is that it's a European country that has no airports so people traveling through air have to go through Germany or Austria to get there.
It is located on the border of Germany and Austria. That's all I have for where it is.
Phantomlurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 21:46   Link #69
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
A common and basic premise, but with a very good execution I thought. The animation is neat and clean and the OP is likable (I like the song). The 3 characters so far are rather likable, too. Great stuff.
Same exact thoughts here, as long as it doesn't go off the deep end I think this will be a enjoyable series
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 21:56   Link #70
Domonkazu

didn't realize Claudia = Nao Touyama.
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 22:59   Link #71
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Got about 5 minutes into this before I lost any interest that might have been in the back of my mind. Anything that could be good about this series in the future is ultimately overshadowed by the inane, overused tropes that I doubt will disappear later on.
It really did feel like the writer just went down some action fantasy harem LN trope checklist to plot out the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
Action sequences look like they'll pretty good. JC Staff doesn't seem like they're winging it so if its at least as dumbly entertaining as Danmachi I'll probably stick around.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 23:08   Link #72
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Hand over Kaichou, give me NAO!!!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 23:17   Link #73
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

I think it has already been said, but damn, this and Rakudai are really similar regarding the initial set up and first interaction, though I guess this is gonna play kinda different.

Aside form that, it was really comfortable to watch that animation and it felt fluent to me.

Given how I like Stella in Rakudai I guess I will focus on the blondy in this one.
Old 2015-10-03, 23:28   Link #74
Esclair

So what's with the red haired royal family female leads with flame powers? Is red the undeniable BEST girl color or something? I'm looking at my figurine collection and there really isn't that many red heads. You'd think authors want to switch it up a bit considering how many other similar LNs have red haired female protagonists.

Then there's the flame powers. Why can't main girl have ice powers? Esdeath is pretty darn popular and she's basically the ice queen.
Old 2015-10-03, 23:35   Link #75
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
So what's with the red haired royal family female leads with flame powers? Is red the undeniable BEST girl color or something? I'm looking at my figurine collection and there really isn't that many red heads. You'd think authors want to switch it up a bit considering how many other similar LNs have red haired female protagonists.

Then there's the flame powers. Why can't main girl have ice powers? Esdeath is pretty darn popular and she's basically the ice queen.
To be fair Esdeath is a villain though I suppose some would try to argue her having main girl status. I think her popularity is pretty independent of her ice power though.

Though I'm hardly going to act neutral in saying fire powers are pretty awesome . Can see why they are often handed out to protagonists like that. Often going with the straight forward idea of a firey person having a fire based power.

But who knows maybe the days of the ice powered female leads will come.
Old 2015-10-03, 23:38   Link #76
Kirihara_R

lol ur right and Not just their power and hair is similar, majority of them are tsundere too.
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 23:38   Link #77
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Nice first episode, Ayato vs Julis looked better than I was expecting. I particularly liked the ED, looking forward to full version.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 23:40   Link #78
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
To be fair Esdeath is a villain though I suppose some would try to argue her having main girl status. I think her popularity is pretty independent of her ice power though.

Though I'm hardly going to act neutral in saying fire powers are pretty awesome . Can see why they are often handed out to protagonists like that. Often going with the straight forward idea of a firey person having a fire based power.

But who knows maybe the days of the ice powered female leads will come.
Fire seems kind of played out in a lot of other media though. Like, you never really have any protagonists with fire based powers anymore. The only recent one I can think of off the top of my head is Natsu. Just seems strange to me that so many people insist on writing the female lead with fire based powers when there's so many other cool powers to copy from instead.
Old 2015-10-03, 23:53   Link #79
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I always had the impression that Japan associates magic with fire.
I blame amusement parks for it, with their ringmasters, rabbit-in-a-hat magicians and fire-breathing performers.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 00:01   Link #80
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I always had the impression that Japan associates magic with fire.
I blame amusement parks for it, with their ringmasters, rabbit-in-a-hat magicians and fire-breathing performers.
It's not just Japan. When you think of a wizard you think of fireballs. However I can't really recall any recent popular western fantasy series where the protagonist throws around fireballs.

Tags
action, ecchi, harem, light novel adaptation, ps vita