AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-14, 19:31   Link #1141
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ y u h8ing on Nu.. Her yandere personality clearly was the best part of CT that and her 7k meterless combos.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 00:19   Link #1142
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
...I'm sorta glad after seeing that comic Nu won't be coming to Continuum Shift...
Not neccecarily. In Lambda's CS arcade mode after defeating Ragna, Nu's soul in her partially awakens and refuses to kill Ragna after Kokonoe orders her to.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is further explored in the console version's story mode. I'd ecpecially find it hilarious if the comedic alternate truth was Nu's personality fully re-awakening. xD

Quote:
Freedom Sugita can be a bit of a bully [orz Kondoumu], so Asamingosu Imagine is there to.... save the poor girl, rofl.
Even so, Sugita (Ragna) managed to snag the spot as my favorite guy on the show. Not only does the guy have very clever humor but the opening segment "Scold Me, Ragna-kun" (followed by epic headbanging) is absolute gold every time. xD

Quote:
Actually, Ueda Kana just has a tendency to not talk a lot if there's a lot of people. I only clearly remember her from Nanoha A's/StS afureko and she did the same thing. The Rachel episode for the show is actually second in views, with the first being the first episode. It's been nearly a year since I've seen it, so don't really remember much, sorry.
That's okay. I guess it shouldn't be too surprising. Usually I picture Japanese women who ocasionally wear kimonos these days to be fairly shy and fragile, so yeah. (Not to say that they all are though.)

It's kinda ironic she's M when she voices a character (Rachel) who's so obviously S. xP
Old 2010-04-15, 00:47   Link #1143
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Ryu-kun
Started playing the psp one / Chromium shift

Love Ragna sounds like Gintoki complaining all the time
Noel is like a tsundere
Rachel too

I must say the graphics are superb giving like a new sense I got bored of shooting Ryuu's specials but this got me back in to fighting games XD

Click siggy to join Toradora club~
Ryu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 03:29   Link #1144
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Not neccecarily. In Lambda's CS arcade mode after defeating Ragna, Nu's soul in her partially awakens and refuses to kill Ragna after Kokonoe orders her to.
Hmm, but in CT her personality was ALL about killing Ragna
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 04:12   Link #1145
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Hmm, but in CT her personality was ALL about killing Ragna
I s'pose it's arguable that it's not Nu herself that's causing the hesitation but rather the connection Nu's soul has with Saya's memories that's affecting Lambda's decisions.

Still this occurance here still puts me on the fence with that theory, as it's Nu there not Saya:

Old 2010-04-15, 04:40   Link #1146
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I thought the general theory was that Nu's psyche was pretty fucked up by the "Mind of the Beast" half-Azure embedded in her right eye, which Lambda doesn't have.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 08:16   Link #1147
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

omg, she's alive!! secret character?! haha.. i wish.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-04-15, 16:16   Link #1148
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Here's the matchup chart taken from Dustloops: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showp...09&postcount=1

Simple way to look at this chart for those who don't understand is that, it is also the tier list, top to bottom. Bang on top, to Rachel at the bottom, and the top row is Bang on the left to Rachel to the right in the same order.

The numbers tell you how each character does against each other. Lets look at Rachel vs Bang, 35 - 65, meaning in 100 matches, Rachel will win 35 times and Bang will win 65 times.

As you can see, Rachel does badly against all characters, except for Arakune and Hazama at 50 - 50. She is solid bottom tier lol

Fio is the strongest Litchi who can corner and combo you from anywhere on the map and Keita the strongest Tao with mastery of the Taunt loop. These guys are the worse nightmares for even Matsu.

EDIT: for Arakune instead of Lambda
So my best character has been made the worst to play as. Not sure how I feel about that. It looks more like they just reverse the tiers from the previous game as well.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 16:26   Link #1149
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Haha, well well... Why am I not surprised at some of these ratings? Hazama is lower tier then what I expected. Still, Lambda is what I figured.

Tager on the bottom is probably because of his speed... Still, he hits hard enough. What matters is how you do with him.

I prefer Hakumen, and honestly? He is still looking good from the charts. Too bad for the Rachels~
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 17:08   Link #1150
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

that's the thing about Litchi. if you block incorrectly once, it'll throw you into the same 4k combo every time. and that combo takes like 20 seconds to do. annoying to watch, and i'm sure is even more annoying to play against. i just hope they speed up the game a bit. i never liked the longer matches that CS brought in.

Old 2010-04-15, 18:53   Link #1151
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Ahh, need to catch up in the BlazBlue fandom.... *just found out that there were Rachel dakimakura sold at C77*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Even so, Sugita (Ragna) managed to snag the spot as my favorite guy on the show. Not only does the guy have very clever humor but the opening segment "Scold Me, Ragna-kun" (followed by epic headbanging) is absolute gold every time. xD
But he's the only real guy on the show. Yes, Freedom Sugita's humour is awesome. I still feel sorry for Kondom. Haha, I forgot how she has trouble reading things properly.
Quote:
That's okay. I guess it shouldn't be too surprising. Usually I picture Japanese women who ocasionally wear kimonos these days to be fairly shy and fragile, so yeah. (Not to say that they all are though.)

It's kinda ironic she's M when she voices a character (Rachel) who's so obviously S. xP
Ueda Kana is totally not shy and fragile, lol. She always wears kimono at formal events, like the Fate/stay night movie premiere this year. I'm guessing it has to do with how she was brought up in Osaka.

Kana-sama has said bestiality for some reason on her own radio show and it wasn't censored wut. She's also addicted to Halo and enjoys Monster Hunter. Not your typical girl. Though I agree that the number one spot to go on a date would be a net café, lolol.

y u censor Arcs ;_;

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 04:38   Link #1152
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
that's the thing about Litchi. if you block incorrectly once, it'll throw you into the same 4k combo every time. and that combo takes like 20 seconds to do. annoying to watch, and i'm sure is even more annoying to play against. i just hope they speed up the game a bit. i never liked the longer matches that CS brought in.
The dreaded "I'll make you fall asleep" combo.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 08:21   Link #1153
Tsuchi

Hey, that reminds me to Fate Unlimited Codes and its 30-hit BnB's!

Good times... not.

Nice to see Hakumen going up in the Tier List, somehow. He was one of the characters with more changes from CT to CS. Why was Guren's command reversed, I will never know.

Tager looked promising at first with those new stuff, but he's still at the bottom. Not so happy about that.

Poor Rachel.
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 08:47   Link #1154
leodamine
Divine Akuma

well tiers shouldn't affect who you use anyways. If it did, we wouldn't have Mike Z and his Tager.

Anywho, I can't decide who to start learing when this game comes out. Taokaka, Tsubaki, and Hazama all seem really fun.
Old 2010-04-16, 09:24   Link #1155
Tsuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodamine View Post
well tiers shouldn't affect who you use anyways. If it did, we wouldn't have Mike Z and his Tager.
But Mike Z is an incredibly skilled player; Tier Lists are there for a reason... In supposedly equal terms of skill, some characters can be "better" than others.

Just enter Street Fighter IV online, pick Zangief and fight against Sagat. With lag. It's frustrating.

Half-kidding. Perfectly balanced games are inexistent, and it all depends on terms like the character's popularity and the skill of the players controlling them...

Still, there are ERRORS like, yeah, CS Bang and Litchi or CT V-13. 10 years of many versions of Guilty Gear have brought an apparent balance to the game, but people like Eddie or Testament are still pretty annoying and tiring to play against.

Not to mention characters which got successive nerfs for no apparent reason, like Johnny or Bridget. Or, in this case, Rachel, who got a bit too much downgraded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leodamine View Post
Anywho, I can't decide who to start learing when this game comes out. Taokaka, Tsubaki, and Hazama all seem really fun.
I personally like the new Hakumen (I already liked the CT one, but this one is even more fun to play), Tager and Tsubaki.

Tsubaki is cool, sexy and nice to play. Still, she has some issues:

1.- Her damage is pretty low and you have to perform her combos perfectly if you don't want to get a disadvantage.
2.- You have to know perfectly when to charge your Drive. Otherwise you won't get your enhanced specials, and thus you won't have your damage improval.
3.- If you fail at using your D moves or your Distortions (which aren't the best thing ever), you're screwed.

At least those were my first impressions of her. I seriously hope for a little upgrade for her in the console version. Also get ready to have some good Training hours if you want to learn Taokaka.
Old 2010-04-16, 11:07   Link #1156
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Lol, that video was pretty awesome, but I was lmao when Jin used his counter drive on Hakumen, only to get hit by Haku's Astral Finish.

<3 Hakumen
Old 2010-04-16, 16:40   Link #1157
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchi View Post
I personally like the new Hakumen (I already liked the CT one, but this one is even more fun to play), Tager and Tsubaki.

Tsubaki is cool, sexy and nice to play. Still, she has some issues:

1.- Her damage is pretty low and you have to perform her combos perfectly if you don't want to get a disadvantage.
2.- You have to know perfectly when to charge your Drive. Otherwise you won't get your enhanced specials, and thus you won't have your damage improval.
3.- If you fail at using your D moves or your Distortions (which aren't the best thing ever), you're screwed.

At least those were my first impressions of her. I seriously hope for a little upgrade for her in the console version. Also get ready to have some good Training hours if you want to learn Taokaka.
Meh, no character is perfect, but she seems to be a lot more fun when it comes to rushdown than Ragna.

With Tao, I assume it's gonna be long time before I can effectively play her. Hopefully I can get a stick before I get this game though, and learn both at the same time >_>
Old 2010-04-17, 06:41   Link #1158
Tsuchi

Quote:
Haku will most likely be more smooth as a result, though I'm worried about the forementioned Guren command change. (It's my second favorite move outside of Zanshin)
Don't worry, you get used to it almost automatically. The input is just mirrored after all.

Haku keeps his classical grab - Guren - wall bounce - 6C combo, but its damage has been reduced from ~3000 to ~2500.
Old 2010-04-17, 16:14   Link #1159
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Has anyone got any good hi-res CGI of Haku-men? I've yet to really see any good quality of Haku-men CGI (the one where he took his mask off for Ragna was a real tear jerker on my part.)
Wait, where is that scene from?

(Speaking of Hakumen CGs, the pic you can buy in the shop is pretty cool, too.)
Old 2010-04-17, 16:48   Link #1160
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

http://cl.ly/U8Y

this one?

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360