Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-09, 15:40   Link #421
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
So, among all the other things Shin undertaker duty apparently is not just keep the dog tags, but it's far more heavy, he has to make sure Legion doesn't recover the brains of the dead soldiers. But he didn't manage to accomplish it with Kaie, much to his surprise. They asked him if he didn't torch her together with the Juggernaut. Headshot probably is not enough.
This is more iffy translation. The sentence with the burning was a general statement not a question to Shin. Shin never managed to properly retrieve Kaie, respective make sure her brain could not be used by the Legion due to the location where Kaie fell - marshy terrain. That's why the Spearhead squadron tried to just destroy the Juggernaut with her remains from distance, hence, the torching part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
The republic needs to have some good hidden agenda, since as of now they look quite retarded as already mentioned. The 2 years deadline date felt already quite unrealistic to begin with, and in fact it was completely BS.
Actually, from their side it makes sense. From what they have seen of the Legion their central processing unit is set to break down over time - which is factually correct, hence, the need for the Legion to "procure" alternative means. This, in their eyes, is further supported by the fact that the number front line Legion units have dropped sharply over the past few years, which they assume is because older model Legion whose central processing unit broke down have gone out of service. So there is just not much reason for them to doubt their prediction. Sort of a confirmation bias.
Old 2021-05-09, 16:32   Link #422
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
This is more iffy translation. The sentence with the burning was a general statement not a question to Shin. Shin never managed to properly retrieve Kaie, respective make sure her brain could not be used by the Legion due to the location where Kaie fell - marshy terrain. That's why the Spearhead squadron tried to just destroy the Juggernaut with her remains from distance, hence, the torching part.
Thanks, got it. So they couldn't get to Kaie location. I'd say that such a chance, to not be retrieved / obliterated should count when planning tactics, good that now they have maps to ground them on.
Quote:
Actually, from their side it makes sense. From what they have seen of the Legion their central processing unit is set to break down over time - which is factually correct, hence, the need for the Legion to "procure" alternative means. This, in their eyes, is further supported by the fact that the number front line Legion units have dropped sharply over the past few years, which they assume is because older model Legion whose central processing unit broke down have gone out of service. So there is just not much reason for them to doubt their prediction. Sort of a confirmation bias.
I got it that it makes sense, still I'd like to have a more proactive faction. The fact that they are bad, racists and whatnot doesn't mean they have also to be so shortsighted. In any case I hope there's more than the eye can see.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 18:11   Link #423
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

This occurred to me after seeing Episode 5.

Spoiler for Potential twist after ep 5:

Have not read any LN and am not planning to until this first season is over, so if you do reply, no LN spoilers please.
Old 2021-05-09, 19:08   Link #424
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

Have not read any LN and am not planning to until this first season is over, so if you do reply, no LN spoilers please.
Spoiler:
Old 2021-05-09, 19:22   Link #425
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Brain harvesting:
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 19:29   Link #426
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
Spoiler for Brain harvesting:
Spoiler:
Old 2021-05-09, 19:39   Link #427
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
Old 2021-05-09, 21:55   Link #428
Frontier

Quote:
Spoiler for :
Spoiler:
Old 2021-05-09, 22:24   Link #429
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
Old 2021-05-09, 23:19   Link #430
Frontier

Quote:
Spoiler for :
Yeah, that makes sense .
Old 2021-05-10, 08:14   Link #431
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

eeerrr
do you guys have to use the spoiler tags

anyway the lack of 86 fanart infuriating me

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-10, 08:34   Link #432
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

Spoiler:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-10, 12:32   Link #433
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm not really exactly fond of that plot with machines taking over actual human brains considering the story doesn't really seem to be "that far" in term of technology (as in, there is no obvious biotech so to speak, aside of the pararaid I guess?). That said, it could make sense if that kind of technology was in preparation by the fallen Empire and the machines salvaged that.

That aside, this episode finally addressed Lena and Shin's pasts, although I do wish the last part wasn't such as "infodump" while following Shin doing mundane stuff, but it was either that or flashbacks and/or clips of the machines extracting human stuff so not really that better.
Now, I'm more curious about what Lena will do. There isn't much she can do with a single squadron and it is unlikely anyone will take her seriously if she were to make a report explaining what's up with Shin and his personal assessment of the war.
Old 2021-05-10, 12:35   Link #434
Tenzen12

Pararaid is pretty close if you ask me and Republic wasn't able replicate even original AI, which means they are behind in that area.
Old 2021-05-10, 13:02   Link #435
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm not really exactly fond of that plot with machines taking over actual human brains considering the story doesn't really seem to be "that far" in term of technology (as in, there is no obvious biotech so to speak, aside of the pararaid I guess?). That said, it could make sense if that kind of technology was in preparation by the fallen Empire and the machines salvaged that.
The anime cut the explanation a bit short, respective only mentioned it briefly in passing when Shin said that an actual brain is going to rot and it's more likely just a copy of a brain since they encountered multiple Legion sharing the same "voice" before. The Legion aren't exactly taking a human's brain and placing it in the machine but rather making a copy of the brain structure, overwriting the original structure of their central processing unit - which is slowly degrading by design - with it.

Quote:
although I do wish the last part wasn't such as "infodump" while following Shin doing mundane stuff
They actually slightly amended the situation for that scene.
Spoiler for LN Version:
Old 2021-05-10, 13:20   Link #436
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The anime cut the explanation a bit short, respective only mentioned it briefly in passing when Shin said that an actual brain is going to rot and it's more likely just a copy of a brain since they encountered multiple Legion sharing the same "voice" before. The Legion aren't exactly taking a human's brain and placing it in the machine but rather making a copy of the brain structure, overwriting the original structure of their central processing unit - which is slowly degrading by design - with it.
Alright, it makes more sense this way. For some reason, I took his explanation at face value and considered simply "recreating" a brain in a material fashion (be it synthetic tissues or robotic altogether), because all of the talk about the voices of the dead and whatnot. Copying the structure to create more advanced AI neural network is definitely more like it, although I didn't expect the machines to care about the memories found in the brains.

So my guess is that neural network technology seems to be something that was made on the fly by the central AI. It doesn't seem to be something made by "design" by the Empire, since it would obviously make the machines have irregular behaviour. If anything, that's probably one of the reasons why the machines went against the Empire to begin with.
Old 2021-05-10, 13:38   Link #437
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Copying the structure to create more advanced AI neural network is definitely more like it, although I didn't expect the machines to care about the memories found in the brains.
These aren't really memories. Shin mentioned it when he said that you can't communicate with them. All these voices are, are the last thoughts of the person who died which got copied along with the brain structure. That's why it's endlessly repeating in a loop as we have heard with Kaie's last line.
Old 2021-05-10, 16:38   Link #438
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
eeerrr
do you guys have to use the spoiler tags
Yeah, just to be clear about this, please don't use spoiler tags for anime-only speculation.

DO use spoiler tags for comparisons (of shown content) to source material or other works. (And be sure to label what you are comparing to.) Do NOT post anything about future contents behind spoiler tags or not.

(If you actually do know something about the source material and are just pretending you're speculating... don't do that.)
Old 2021-05-10, 16:55   Link #439
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
That aside, this episode finally addressed Lena and Shin's pasts, although I do wish the last part wasn't such as "infodump" while following Shin doing mundane stuff, but it was either that or flashbacks and/or clips of the machines extracting human stuff so not really that better.
I'd actually love to see that. More "show, don't just tell".
Old 2021-05-10, 17:05   Link #440
Applehell

Despite the existence of new type Leigon, the black sheep only seems to refer ones with internal changes. Other than that they are physically still made of standard Legion types which makes them difficult to tell apart from the normal Leigon. Now not only can the Leigon effectively extend their operation time, but they have poteinally ingenious way of gathering information and thanks to Republic hubris. Scary!

I think one get an idea how Giad lost control over them & fell now.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, politics, sci-fi