AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-01-27, 07:15   Link #201
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Well, before, there's also another Fuji TV's late-night slot but was shown later than noitaminA in terms of air time (I mean 2am-3am-ish), however it was canceled (after Niju Menso no Musume) due to very poor ratings.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 11:10   Link #202
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiemma View Post
I personally think Character desing by Uki Atsuya its his style
Well guessed!

http://www.tsuritama.com/
Old 2012-02-02, 15:10   Link #203
Fiemma
Fiamma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
i know Pv looks good
Old 2012-03-23, 06:17   Link #204
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Well a moyashimon sequel was announced .

No other summer show announced? I'm still hoping Sakamichi no Apollon is 2 cour.
Old 2012-03-23, 11:49   Link #205
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Well a moyashimon sequel was announced .

No other summer show announced? I'm still hoping Sakamichi no Apollon is 2 cour.
As hard as I might've been hoping for this as well, I've stopped doing so a while ago already. The noitaminA press conference that's taking place next week is branded as "announcing the 4 new noitaminA series for July and October", so it looks like we'll sticking to 1-cour material for a while. Besides, Moyashimon aired before the timeslot doubled its air time and I can't see its production committee changing drastically, so I do expect it to stick to the original 24:45 timeslot Apollon will be taking soon.

Of course this isn't all bad news: if Moyashimon ended up coming back for a second season, so can Apollon if the series performs well. The producers don't even need to wait for more material to come out, it's already finished and just begging to be adapted! I guess I am somewhat bitter that they're not going for 2 cours right away... I do know it'd be a risky bet, but so much for saying the timeslot would give longer series a chance, only to (seemingly) limit that opportunity to GC.

Going back to Moyashimon is definitely a smart move, anyway. It did perform great on both the sales & the ratings fronts and I'm very curious to find out whether a good deal of the old audience could be brought back to the 'new' noitaminA.

Last edited by Katapan; 2012-03-23 at 12:04. Reason: The fall animu season doesn't start in September...
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 12:47   Link #206
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
As hard as I might've been hoping for this as well, I've stopped doing so a while ago already. The noitaminA press conference that's taking place next week is branded as "announcing the 4 new noitaminA series for July and October"
Maybe one of those shows is super short like thermae romae?

So you could have Sakamichi no Apollon in one summer slot and Moyashimon spliting the other slot with another show (like Thermae Romae and BRS did) and then have two new fall shows.

I know I'm reaching
Old 2012-03-24, 02:10   Link #207
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Of course this isn't all bad news: if Moyashimon ended up coming back for a second season, so can Apollon if the series performs well. The producers don't even need to wait for more material to come out, it's already finished and just begging to be adapted![/SIZE]
Apparently they will adapt the whole manga, 9 volumes in just 12 episodes. Crazy.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 13:22   Link #208
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Whatever became of Black Rock Shooter? Both Wikipedia and Mahou Showtime have it airing in February and March of this year, but I can't find either fansubs or a licensed streaming release.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 14:16   Link #209
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Whatever became of Black Rock Shooter? Both Wikipedia and Mahou Showtime have it airing in February and March of this year, but I can't find either fansubs or a licensed streaming release.
aniplex aired it on its own niconico chanel (like fate/zero) when it was airing,funimation has licenced it but doesn't seem to be streaming it.

I had no issues finding fansubs at the usual places I look at though.
Old 2012-04-06, 14:53   Link #210
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Thanks. I found them. I'll give the first episode a watch and see.

This show certainly came and went without much fanfare, though. A bit surprising for a noitaminA release.
Old 2012-04-07, 07:51   Link #211
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Black Rock Shooter wasn't really something that worked well with the image of noitaminA. Well, not exactly since the time slots reputation had already been contaminated, so I guess it was just watching what was at the bottom of the spiral.

I think the reason why it came and went without much attention given to it is due to how unenthusiastic the long time fans of the time slot were at the thought of further departure from it's roots into more commercialized anime combined with how many didn't like how the anime ended up becoming.

It's a pity, since I thought what they were going with the CGI was actually interesting and actually made me excited about the possibilities of using CG in anime as replacement for traditional techniques, but they didn't really use that concept either to it's full potential. So it sort of ended up being a disappointment to everyone I guess.
Old 2012-04-07, 19:03   Link #212
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I watched about two-thirds of the first episode of BRS, got bored, and didn't finish it. I just can't watch shows about middle schoolers any more. As a long-time noitaminA viewer, I'm really saddened by how mainstream it has become. Other than Thermae Romae, I can't say I've found any shows on noitaminA in the past couple of years that have held my attention the way offerings like Mononoke and Nodame once did.

I am looking forward to the Moyashimon sequel, though. I'll also give Tsuritama a try just because it's by Nakamura. [C] didn't really thrill me all that much either; I was hoping for something a bit more intellectual than that show turned out to be.
Old 2012-04-07, 19:37   Link #213
Kirarakim

Seijisensei have you watched Chihayafuru? I think a lot of people will agree with me that show fit the noitaminA block better than the series that were actually on it.

Luckily it seems like noitaminA is getting back on track with a number of interesting shows scheduled. I am especially looking forward to Sakamichi no Apollon
Old 2012-04-07, 21:48   Link #214
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Seijisensei have you watched Chihayafuru? I think a lot of people will agree with me that show fit the noitaminA block better than the series that were actually on it.
I started it a couple of times and never got very far. These days I largely focus on shows about adults whenever possible. That limits my options radically, but I've just grown tired of watching shows about kids in school. Currently I'm following Hyouge Mono and intend to start over with Showa Monogatari now that more episodes are becoming available. I'm also re-watching Saiunkoku Monogatari Season Two since I never got around to completing that when it was originally released. I've also watched the first episode of Uchuu Kyoudai and expect I'll stick with that for a while as well.

I took at look at the initial episodes of Accel World and Zetman today. I might watch a few more installments of the latter to see where it goes; I doubt I'll continue with Accel World, though.

Quote:
I am especially looking forward to Sakamichi no Apollon
I intend to give that a shot as well.

I bought the DVD set for House of Five Leaves recently. That, Usagi Drop, and Thermae Romae are the only noitaiminA shows that have held my attention among its recent offerings.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-04-07 at 22:03.
Old 2012-04-07, 23:07   Link #215
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
I started it a couple of times and never got very far. These days I largely focus on shows about adults whenever possible. That limits my options radically,I've just grown tired of watching shows about kids in school
If all highschool shows were this good you wouldn't be tired of them.
You hardly see them in school anyway.And there's a number of adults that popup throughout the show.
Old 2012-04-07, 23:51   Link #216
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
You hardly see them in school anyway.And there's a number of adults that popup throughout the show.
It's not just the age of the characters, but the dramatic issues the show presents. In this case the Wikipedia plot summary reads:

"Chihaya Ayase is a girl who has spent most of her life simply supporting her sister in her model career. That changes when she meets a boy named Arata Wataya, a talented karuta player. He thinks that Chihaya has a potential to become a great player. As Chihaya takes on a new dream of becoming Japan's best karuta player, she is soon separated from her karuta playing friends as they grow up. Now in high school, Chihaya still continues to play karuta in the hope that she will one day meet her friends again."

Those just aren't themes that excite me at age 62 no matter how well the show is presented. Perhaps I'll give it another try some day, but it seems a far cry from my favorite shows like Moribito, Monster, Twelve Kingdoms, Saiunkoku Monogatari, or Oh! Edo Rocket. You'll notice that all of these shows include politics as a common feature. There's very little of that in most contemporary anime.
Old 2012-04-07, 23:58   Link #217
Kirarakim

Quote:
It's not just the age of the characters, but the dramatic issues the show presents. In this case the Wikipedia plot summary reads:

"Chihaya Ayase is a girl who has spent most of her life simply supporting her sister in her model career. That changes when she meets a boy named Arata Wataya, a talented karuta player. He thinks that Chihaya has a potential to become a great player. As Chihaya takes on a new dream of becoming Japan's best karuta player, she is soon separated from her karuta playing friends as they grow up. Now in high school, Chihaya still continues to play karuta in the hope that she will one day meet her friends again."
Didn't you say you enjoyed Hikaru no Go. I would say the two series are extremely similar in execution.
Old 2012-04-08, 00:52   Link #218
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Those just aren't themes that excite me at age 62 no matter how well the show is presented.
But yet you're willing to give Sakamichi no Apollon a try right?
If Sakamichi no Apollon turns out as good as Chihayafuru I'll be happy.
Old 2012-04-08, 00:59   Link #219
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
But yet you're willing to give Sakamichi no Apollon a try right?
If Sakamichi no Apollon turns out as good as Chihayafuru I'll be happy.
I like jazz.

I feel like I'm being brow-beaten over my decision not to watch Chihayafuru. I'll try it again, I promise.
Old 2012-04-08, 00:59   Link #220
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
It's hard to say. Regardless of execution, I struggle to become interested in shows aimed at little kids (and reminiscence would be my reason for watching high school themed shows, but most people I know have little interest in revisiting those years time and again), so I can understand why someone's eyes might glaze over when watching Chihayafuru. For variety, a handful of teen-oriented shows may be fine, but there comes a point when enough is enough. The themes are just too trite and juvenile.

To adults with decades of life experience, Nodame Cantabile or Hataraki Man (trendy dramas aimed at the 20-30 year old crowd) may already be a compromise. The viewers are far removed from the target audience, and they may not identify too strongly with the characters. However, there's just enough sophistication to pique their interest.

[This is completely anecdotal, but from personal experience, I've found that older viewers prefer Korean dramas featuring a middle aged cast. They may also enjoy shows featuring actors in their 20s and early 30s (Winter Sonata, Sandglass, Jewel in the Palace, etc.), provided that the material is sophisticated and meaty enough. However, few have any interest in the shows with teen-oriented roots or trappings (i.e. Boys over Flowers, which was adapted for a twentysomething audience but failed to fool these older viewers)]
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote