AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-03, 16:12   Link #4021
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Dark Templars are as said by the others, a ground only invisible unit with an invisible cloak, and can be immediately warped-in by a Warpgate. They deal some heavy damage to even the strongest ground forces (Colossi, Ultralisk, Thor). They are also not that quite fast to make an escape once discovered.

Now the problems is that they can be easily killed by even the small units (Zerglings, Marines, Zealots) once discovered. They cost a good amount of minerals to make you not want to waste the minerals unless you know the plan will work 100%.

Banshees are an air invisible unit with a temporary cloak, takes a long time to build after getting a Tech Lab + the Cloak which will cost quite the resources (somewhere around 250 minerals, and 225 gas) They can easily fly out if they are discovered, and they are quite fast, but cannot easily destroy things as the Dark Templar can.

Of course, since the Banshee is an Air unit that can only attack ground, once discovered near a bunch of Vikings, Mutalisks, Phoenixs, they are mostly gone right off the bat. There cloak is temporary of course which means once it runs out they can be immediantly killed if the enemy does not have stealth detection.

Just a summary from what I read from here

I just wish the Overlord dint have to go through all the trouble of morphing into an Overseer just to detect invisible troops.
Old 2010-09-03, 16:27   Link #4022
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Actually , a bunch of marines/hydras/stalkers would do the job vs Banshees . Specially for Banshees rush .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 16:45   Link #4023
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, but key point is detection, which is why early and normal rush are balanced; if you go in early, you can probably deal serious damage and leave yourself exposed to a counter, but if you go later you can just harass and keep your neck safe at the same time. It all comes down to what kind of player you are.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 17:14   Link #4024
Who

Why not just give a Banshee the ability to shoot warp blades. That makes life a lot easier.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 17:18   Link #4025
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Why not just give a Banshee the ability to shoot warp blades. That makes life a lot easier.
Why not give SCVs nukes, would make life a lot more boring
Old 2010-09-03, 17:20   Link #4026
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Then it will become overrated o.o also hurt my ears hearing

*5 seconds later* Nuclear Launch Detected!

*5 more seconds later* Nuclear Launch Detected!

*loop*
Old 2010-09-03, 17:24   Link #4027
Who

Quote:
Chernobyl is the first thing that comes to mind when I put together workers and nuclear items.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 18:54   Link #4028
brocko

They should make it so that when you mine out your gas geysers, they blow up in your base like nukes

Adds a whole new extra dimension to the macro mechanics thus far and actually punishes you for being the greedy commander that you are

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 21:30   Link #4029
Alaya
Counter Force

My points is that, considering higher investment in both time and resources, banshee should be harder to dealt with than DT. If it's not, there's no reason to build a banshee at all. Why spending 850/525 to build a flying air to ground unit with temporally cloak that are very easy to deal with when you can use it to buy 7 Marauders?

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 23:17   Link #4030
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Somehow Archon and I managed to win this epic 2v2 game. It was... a little ridiculous.

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/7...light-fortress

Lesson of the day. Mass marines > mass stalkers any day.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 23:52   Link #4031
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Somehow Archon and I managed to win this epic 2v2 game. It was... a little ridiculous.

Man, terrible terrible macro. Who's that newb zerg anyways? Oh wait...

In retrospect, I think it was better off just massing mutalisks to fight the void rays with your vikings instead of making corruptors since we had like no anti-ground as a result. Corruptors... are disappointing to say the least but at least brood lords are good.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 02:23   Link #4032
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Why spending 850/525 to build a flying air to ground unit with temporally cloak that are very easy to deal with when you can use it to buy 7 Marauders?
Because, if the enemy used it to buy 7 marauders, your banshee can take care of them
Quote:
They should make it so that when you mine out your gas geysers, they blow up in your base like nukes

Adds a whole new extra dimension to the macro mechanics thus far and actually punishes you for being the greedy commander that you are
This is actually an amazing idea, hope they implement this in later patches^^

P.S: GG Reckoner&Archon...I noticed that the latter tends to say "we're fucked" a lot in 2v2

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-09-04 at 02:45.
Old 2010-09-04, 08:46   Link #4033
Alaya
Counter Force

GSL's result today (Day 1):

Spoiler for GSL day 1 results:

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.

Last edited by Alaya; 2010-09-04 at 11:55.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 11:53   Link #4034
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

Oh my word... That is the biggest counter ever

You guys are hilarious as a team, it makes me want to join

The problem was not that you should have focused purely on Mutalisks Archon_Wing, is that you should have balanced it out with the Corrupters, you had way to much, if the enemy was purely air all the way (even counting teal) then mass corrupters would have done the job. Probably a good 5-6 Corrupters would have been good in that match if there energies are full to increase the damage dealt by the enemy. Making them basically pancakes waiting to be eaten.

That marine slaughter at the end was brilliant Reckoner
Old 2010-09-04, 12:38   Link #4035
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Corruptors got the bonus move of corruption, so they can be very useful even against ground units, assuming your ally can swarm in and finish the job...but yeah, balancing out your forces is essential to every big fight, unless you go for balance in the bigger picture and trust your allies enough to cover for you while you cover for them in joined battles.
Old 2010-09-04, 12:46   Link #4036
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Corruptors got the bonus move of corruption, so they can be very useful even against ground units, assuming your ally can swarm in and finish the job...but yeah, balancing out your forces is essential to every big fight, unless you go for balance in the bigger picture and trust your allies enough to cover for you while you cover for them in joined battles.
I dint know Corrupters can use the ability on grounds forces o.o

I only thought when I fought a Protoss that it worked simply because Colossi were really tall which counted them as a "air/ground" unit.
Old 2010-09-04, 13:20   Link #4037
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
If done correctly it can be very effective since you can produce more units of that kind.

In most cases as Terrans I provide the heavy mechs on the ground while my allies focus mainly on BC's, Void Rays, tough aerial units. Very effective if done and supported properly though.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 14:39   Link #4038
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm having a really hard time dealing with the Zealot Rush as a Zerg player, it just seems kinda fast-foward and the Zerg have almost no time to develop... I just barely got lucky in this match... Is there any tips for Zerg on Zealot Rush?

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/7...delta-quadrant
Old 2010-09-04, 14:54   Link #4039
Xacual

I mean I'm bad at multiplayer but the main thing I see there is that you didn't get your spawning pool building until 2 minutes 17 seconds in. By that time he already had two gateways building. Also you built no zerglings despite having the spawning pool up.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 15:02   Link #4040
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I mean I'm bad at multiplayer but the main thing I see there is that you didn't get your spawning pool building until 2 minutes 17 seconds in. By that time he already had two gateways building. Also you built no zerglings despite having the spawning pool up.
Well I usually 14-pool, also Zerglings might have bought some time, but I was probably way to focused on getting Roaches. Since Zerglings are easily 2 shotted by Zealots

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows