AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-13, 04:59   Link #21
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Cross Channel is pretty much universally regarded, at least among the English community, as one of the greats of visual novels/eroge, so if you've got the chance I really recommend you give this a spin.
__________________
NYAA-CEPTION
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 20:33   Link #22
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC, NY
Age: 40
A lot of people will be put off by Taichi's personality
__________________
Sterling01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 04:15   Link #23
Ashlotte
Clockwork
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Cross Channel is pretty much universally regarded, at least among the English community, as one of the greats of visual novels/eroge, so if you've got the chance I really recommend you give this a spin.
Guess I have no taste then...Could barely stand any of the characters not just the protagonist...Fact that the way it was written needed a TL note every few lines didn't really help to make the story any easier to get into...

Taking a look at the CGs probably for the best I got turned off from it early anyway...
Spoiler for Game Events:


For what its worth though from the small amount I managed to stomach Miki was indeed quite awesome.
__________________

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 21:38   Link #24
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pennyslvania
Age: 28
You could have just chosen to not use the notes.

I can see why this is still considered one of the best visual novels after all these years. It's pretty freaking good.

It has the kind of story that keeps you guessing as to the characters motivations and backgrounds. Only at the end do you ever get to fully understand someone.

Taichi is a zany, funny, and unpredictable protagonist. Sure he may have his douche bag moments, but at least he acknowledges that he's messed up.

I really liked the ending. It just feels right.

I wish Nanaka had a route, though that would have been a little weird given certain things. She was very interesting and more screentime would have been nice.

10/10. Perfect S grade game.
__________________

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 22:05   Link #25
DeotoxSlayer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Does anyone have a good walkthrough for getting all the routes in the game?
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 23:33   Link #26
SageGaiGar
You are Next
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NE USA
The translation patch should come with a good bare bones walkthrough to getting all routes
__________________
sig courtesy of Haak and Natsuki Hyuga
Friends don't let friends CB
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 01:38   Link #27
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post
Guess I have no taste then...Could barely stand any of the characters not just the protagonist...Fact that the way it was written needed a TL note every few lines didn't really help to make the story any easier to get into...
The key is to ditch your standards and stop comparing everything to your personal favorites. Your horizon broadens, and makes you stop using hard-to-read times new roman font. The higher you set your standards, the less selections you have available, and you end up with a life that is less fulfilling in the end.
Oooooh, philosophistry!!
__________________
NYAA-CEPTION
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 19:12   Link #28
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC, NY
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Does anyone have a good walkthrough for getting all the routes in the game?
There are no routes
__________________
Sterling01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 09:58   Link #29
SageGaiGar
You are Next
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NE USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
There are no routes
Spoiler for 'routes':
__________________
sig courtesy of Haak and Natsuki Hyuga
Friends don't let friends CB
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 20:01   Link #30
Ashlotte
Clockwork
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
The key is to ditch your standards and stop comparing everything to your personal favorites. Your horizon broadens, and makes you stop using hard-to-read times new roman font. The higher you set your standards, the less selections you have available, and you end up with a life that is less fulfilling in the end.
Oooooh, philosophistry!!
I actually think I'm pretty broad as-is...

Spoiler for List of favorites off the top of my head. AKA enjoyed 70%+ of it.:


Mmm I think thats a fairly diverse enough list...Mah don't mind me too much just been feeling abit off since most of the recent games I've played that people raved about I couldn't get into too terribly much. (This, Suika, and anything in KiraKira that didn't involve Chie).
__________________

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 09:28   Link #31
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NSW, Australia
Age: 23
Ahh. ahaha.

*cough*

Yes.

Good game so far?
Little hard to understand if you haven't read anything beforehand though. And it's repetitive too. I thought i'd started a new game o.o
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 13:51   Link #32
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Flan-chan
Age: 16
Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Oh nice, this is translated now. Western fan translation community is marching forward alright. It is a fairly good read, I give it my recommendation.
__________________
I love Flandre Scarlet
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 23:04   Link #33
DeadlySoldier37
The players president
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Annandale, Virginia
Age: 29
I have heard really good reviews for this game so I wan't to try it out, but the truth is that I have never played a VN Game before. So I don't know how to get started, should I buy the game first and then download the patch? Or should I just download the patch from their website which comes with everything?

I would really appreciate if somebody helped me out here. Thanks
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 06:04   Link #34
Tyabann
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Just finished it. It is now 4 in the morning. It was awesome.

Spoiler for rating:


Damn good game though. Thanks to all who recommended it to me.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 06:18   Link #35
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hungary, Europe
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySoldier37 View Post
I have heard really good reviews for this game so I wan't to try it out, but the truth is that I have never played a VN Game before. So I don't know how to get started, should I buy the game first and then download the patch? Or should I just download the patch from their website which comes with everything?

I would really appreciate if somebody helped me out here. Thanks
Yeah you have to obtain the game first, then just download the patch from the translation group. You have to put your system locale into japanese, or run the install.exe through japanese applocale, and install the game, then start the patch.exe. After that you can play the VN in english.
As for how to obtain it: here's a thread with the webaddress for most import companies.
__________________
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 09:35   Link #36
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC, NY
Age: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Just finished it. It is now 4 in the morning. It was awesome.

Spoiler for rating:


Damn good game though. Thanks to all who recommended it to me.
It's been awhile since I read it...
Spoiler for Ending:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Cross Channel is pretty much universally regarded, at least among the English community, as one of the greats of visual novels/eroge
Well it is on 2ch's list of "You should be ashamed of yourself if you haven’t read these 'books' before you were 20
Reading over the list it kinda makes me sad that I've read Gore Screaming Show but not Romeo's other great work, Saihate no ima.
__________________

Last edited by Sterling01; 2009-09-22 at 09:52.
Sterling01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 19:37   Link #37
DeadlySoldier37
The players president
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Annandale, Virginia
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Yeah you have to obtain the game first, then just download the patch from the translation group. You have to put your system locale into japanese, or run the install.exe through japanese applocale, and install the game, then start the patch.exe. After that you can play the VN in english.
As for how to obtain it: here's a thread with the webaddress for most import companies.
Thanks, I'm going to give this a try. Hopefully I can get it to work smoothly without any problems.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 09:16   Link #38
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Something is bugging me.
Spoiler for Ending:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 21:19   Link #39
Akeii
Djungarian Hamster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Which reminds me... I've had hearsay of a non-H patch existing for Cross†channel. Is this true?
Stop laughing. You know I'd ask that. xD
Akeii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 22:11   Link #40
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bay Area, California
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
When you install the patch it asks you if you want ero or no-ero in it. So yes, it exists.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.