AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-12, 12:06   Link #601
chaosprophet

I'm wondering if Eva knew Kurou was immortal before stabbing hom. Her "I didn't think they would send an immortal to hunt other immortals" could mean she noticed his immortality only afterwards. Anyway that line does seems to indicate Eva knows Kuroumaru's clan.

I don't know why they would say that, but Eva don't look any weaker to me. So far she didn't even need to use an magic attack, which is where most of her offensive output comes from.

One reason they could think that, is what I said before: They think she is the kind of terrible monster that would be around killing people, destroying things, taking over cities, if she could. She doesn't do it -> They think she isn't as strong.

And you know, if the theory Negi is still alive is true, then maybe he really faked his death so people wouldn't know he is immortal, although not just for normal people to no freak out as some thought, but also because there is some stigma against immortal now resulting in things like that clan.
Old 2013-09-12, 12:07   Link #602
Tranhieu

The fight is fun and all but I just want to know whether Kuromaru is a guy or not.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 12:08   Link #603
Dargor
Welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Huh, Zanmaken Ninotachi was used already? I wonder where Ken intends to go with this story when high-level techniques are used and known by the protagonists right from the beginning along with being immortal.

It's like starting a game with all the cheat codes on.
Yeah, the scales already pretty ramped up from Negima. Not sure how I feel about that, since there's nowhere else but up, and things could get pretty ridiculous fast. But what's the point, if they can survive decapitation without so much as a flinch?
Dargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 12:15   Link #604
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
The fight is fun and all but I just want to know whether Kuromaru is a guy or not.
Clues seem to point to Kuromaru being a girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
Yeah, the scales already pretty ramped up from Negima. Not sure how I feel about that, since there's nowhere else but up, and things could get pretty ridiculous fast. But what's the point, if they can survive decapitation without so much as a flinch?
Not quite, Motoko was using Ni no Tachi as well in Love Hina and that was hardly superpowered, compared to Negima at least. I'm sure Setsuna could have done Ni no Tachi from the get go, if not for her issues. We're still a far way from the sort of swordsmanship we saw in Setsuna vs Tsukiyomi, for example.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 12:16   Link #605
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
Maybe this does not apply to the upcoming magic attacks??They should have discovered a way to destroy immortals by now
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 12:19   Link #606
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
Maybe this does not apply to the upcoming magic attacks??They should have discovered a way to destroy immortals by now
I'm guessing that is what UQ Holder is going to be about. finding a way to cure immortality. Then again Eva did say there were different forms of immortality. Which means there probably is ways but it depends on the type like with Negi.
Old 2013-09-12, 12:24   Link #607
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I'm guessing that is what UQ Holder is going to be about. finding a way to cure immortality. Then again Eva did say there were different forms of immortality. Which means there probably is ways but it depends on the type like with Negi.
My guess is the opposite. It will be a story about learning to live happy even with it.Would be an interesting way to end the series, in the beginning Eva said immortality was worthless, and in the end she may be glad she had it.
Old 2013-09-12, 12:25   Link #608
liro
Super Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranhieu View Post
I truly hope the author doesn't reveal Komaru's real gender so we can treat him/her like Hideyoshi.

Let's take an example from assassination classroom manga, I'm still very disappointed that they cleared up the confusion about Nagisa's gender. He's not attractive anymore after that.
Spoiler for assassination classroom manga, Nagisa :
Old 2013-09-12, 12:58   Link #609
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Already immortal, eh? Well played, Akamatsu.

Yeah, that's a girl. 99% sure. Those reactions give it away. Lots of great action too, though Touta's final trick made me go WHAT?! Guess you pick up some things when hanging with the big vampire herself.

Also, perfect love interest right there. The Konoe genes are like a magnet to the warrior types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Huh, Zanmaken Ninotachi was used already? I wonder where Ken intends to go with this story when high-level techniques are used and known by the protagonists right from the beginning along with being immortal.

It's like starting a game with all the cheat codes on.
It's over half a century into the future, who knows what kind of new stuff has appeared, improved or developed. Give it some time.

Don't know if you've played it, but think of it like banjo-tooie: you keep the old stuff and also new advanced moves.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 13:09   Link #610
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

These two chapters have enough BL material for a whole decade . Next comiket going to be scary.
Old 2013-09-12, 13:18   Link #611
Fwarlord

Kurou must be a guy, for the sake of pure BL.
I would love it if this time Ken tries something different from those cliche harem romcom.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 13:22   Link #612
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
These two chapters have enough BL material for a whole decade . Next comiket going to be scary.
it's looking more like Kuroumaru is a girl but pretending to be a boy. Though i still think people at Comiket will still go for Kuroumaru being a boy. lol
Old 2013-09-12, 13:26   Link #613
bludvein

Im still a little iffy on the MC. Hes not really interesting compared to Negi, at least so far. Kuroumaru is either a girl or a very gender confused male. He acts way too feminine despite his assertions of being male.

As for Nagisa, he was said to be male from the beginning. The "reveal" was just making fun of it.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 14:00   Link #614
Breimoon

well , this time 's mc is a nice change. If only he would be more interested in battles and less in looking at other's genders it would be nice though.....Aniway Kuroumaru gotta be a girl after all that happened.....Her reactions are too girly ....
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 14:17   Link #615
ReddyRedWolf

So Kuroumaru's clan had Tengu or crow demon masks.

Kuromaru is not necessarily affiliated with the Aoyama Shinmeiryuu. My guess this is the same demon clan that abandoned Setsuna. As Setsuna has white wings instead of black.

But for Kuromaru to learn Zanmaken-ni-no tachi it can be of three sources Tsuruko, Motoko and Setsuna.

My guess Kuromaru learned it from Setsuna. As Setsuna being part demon has a longer lifespan.

But this clan is prejudiced against immortals as well.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 15:02   Link #616
mechdra

Kurou, why are you so uke?

It seems like the group that send Kurou might be tengus. Could Setsuna related to this?
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 15:26   Link #617
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

My prediction was right. The clan did send him off on a basically impossible mission to get rid of him.
Old 2013-09-12, 15:47   Link #618
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post

It seems like the group that send Kurou might be tengus. Could Setsuna related to this?
Setsuna is half demon with white wings making her look like an angel rather than a demon.

From what I remember of her background is that she was disowned but taken in Eishun to the Aoyama household. Tsuruko was her first teacher. Motoko acted as big sister I'd like to think to Setsuna and Konoka... Till she had turtle phobia and ran way to Hinata.

Also Setsuna's storyline was supposed to be grimmer much like Sayo. When she was a kid Setsuna pulled her feathers out of shame.

Eva did notice Setsuna used dye.

Kuromaru could be a crow demon hence Kurow or Crow-maru.

Now demons are longer lived but it seems Kuromaru's clan hates immortals.

Now we are back to differences of immorality and agelessness. Asuna and the Hellas demons are an example of an agelessness that ages slowly and has a longer lifespan.

Now Eva, Touta, and likely Kuromaru has stopped aging themselves and very hard to kill.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 15:49   Link #619
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
So Kuroumaru's clan had Tengu or crow demon masks.

Kuromaru is not necessarily affiliated with the Aoyama Shinmeiryuu. My guess this is the same demon clan that abandoned Setsuna. As Setsuna has white wings instead of black.

But for Kuromaru to learn Zanmaken-ni-no tachi it can be of three sources Tsuruko, Motoko and Setsuna.

My guess Kuromaru learned it from Setsuna. As Setsuna being part demon has a longer lifespan.

But this clan is prejudiced against immortals as well.
Thing is, Youkai, at least pure ones are likely immortals or at least more near it than humans, why would such a clan hunt immortals? From Kuroumaru's words they seems to be pretty racist against immortals, and even treated Kurou's immortality as a curse and her a nuisance to that clan because of it. Even Eva said she wasn't expecting them to use immortals to hunt immortals.

Also this story happens 60-80 years after Negima end. During all this time there could have been many people who learned that technique to then teach Kurou. This whole immortal hunters clan may have been created from someone who learned Shinmeiryuu sometime after Negima.
Old 2013-09-12, 15:53   Link #620
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Setsuna is half demon with white wings making her look like an angel rather than a demon.

Kuromaru could be a crow demon hence Kurow or Crow-maru.
Setsuna is a Youkai not a demon, Youkai in Eastern mytholoy are similar to Trolls, Faries, elves, goblins of western mythologies.

Non-human, Long live but not immortal.

A Crow-Demon or Youkai is a Tengu.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love