AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-13, 08:50   Link #1
ninetail1989
Dreamer

Looking For Romance Manga Similar to Suzuka?

Hello, for starters i dont really read romance manga at all...i normally just read One Piece/Naruto/SlamDunk/Hayate no Gotoku and so on...
Then...one day i come across a manga name Rinko Days which i started reading it and the only reason i manage to stumble upon it ..its because my iphone got the game LovePlus and when i google it i found Rinko Days..from there on...i like the art...and maybe the storyline.....then from Rinko Days..i went back a bit to romance Manga drawn by Kouji Seo..SUZUKA...its rather old already but somehow i am attached to it....i read finish the whole series in around 2 days..and somehow i cant stop myself from hunting the same type of manga...i kept reading Suzuka again and again.. like somehow i was going nuts over it not to mentioned i even get emotional in some chapters and leak a free drops of tears..

so now, i would like to know if there is any Nice/Decent art romance manga out there which is realistic(no demons/jutsu/magic/all sort of bullshit supernatural thingy) and worth reading out there?something similar to Suzuka/RinkoDays or better?i dont know much since this the first time i actually read finish a romance series...

thx a lot..
Old 2011-07-13, 12:07   Link #2
JRendell
Manga Addict

Most of Kouji Seo's works have a similar theme so you might want to check out some of those, particularly Kimi no Iru Machi.

Ane Doki! is one of my personal favourites. Check that out too.
Old 2011-07-15, 09:21   Link #3
ninetail1989
Dreamer

yeah...i check out most of Kouji Seo works...like kimi no iru machi as well...well...it makes me want to smash the desktop screen in most chapter..then again its nice to read....make me piss off in most part but then again...if everything goes smoothly it will just end.~...very similar to Suzuka story..

well..is there any more nice romance manga with good art/story/ which is new and on-going?

recommend pls XD
Old 2011-07-15, 16:14   Link #4
MidoriHiME

So you're basically sounds like you're looking for a seinen romance manga. It's older, but Maison Ikkoku, perhaps?
Old 2011-07-15, 16:57   Link #5
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Umi no Misaki - I think the problem here is it's not like Suzuka and RinkoDays. There is a kinda supernatural thing to it but I think you'd best reading to find out for yourself if you think it's real supernatrual or not.
Ongoing series at ch84 atm.

Amagami - There are actually varies series of this series.

Amagami - Precious Diary
Amagami - Precious Diary - Kaoru
Amagami - Close to You
Amagami - Love Goes On!
Amagami - Sincerely Yours
Amagami - Various Artists

As it stands I'd sugeest starting with the Precious Dairy ones then whatever order for the rest.
Or maybe watch the anime first.

Ichigo 100% - If you check out Ane Doki(which I 2nd) you'd probably should check out Ichigo100% as well.

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan - ehh I'm actually not sure this fits but I'll recommend it none the less.
The romance is tbh thin for quite some time but the real problem for this series is it's ending, scans aren't finished but from what I hear ending is less that great.

If your in the market, I'd suggest a few shoujo titles that are pretty great.

Koukou Debut - Awesome series that has the couple get together rather early on shows how their relationship goes on from there.
Completed series.

You're My Girlfriend - Short series of only 4 chapters but 4 totally brilliant chapters of what is my favorite shoujo title.
Obviously with only 4 chapters things will probably feel rushed I guess but I loved it.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - Great series but with some themes that kinda stand out from the norm but pretty sure none of them go against what you mentioned.
Old 2011-07-18, 07:10   Link #6
ninetail1989
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriHiME View Post
So you're basically sounds like you're looking for a seinen romance manga. It's older, but Maison Ikkoku, perhaps?
well..i check this out...but once i saw the Art...i was like...emm..looks too old for me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Umi no Misaki - I think the problem here is it's not like Suzuka and RinkoDays. There is a kinda supernatural thing to it but I think you'd best reading to find out for yourself if you think it's real supernatrual or not.
Ongoing series at ch84 atm.

Amagami - There are actually varies series of this series.

Amagami - Precious Diary
Amagami - Precious Diary - Kaoru
Amagami - Close to You
Amagami - Love Goes On!
Amagami - Sincerely Yours
Amagami - Various Artists

As it stands I'd sugeest starting with the Precious Dairy ones then whatever order for the rest.
Or maybe watch the anime first.

Ichigo 100% - If you check out Ane Doki(which I 2nd) you'd probably should check out Ichigo100% as well.

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan - ehh I'm actually not sure this fits but I'll recommend it none the less.
The romance is tbh thin for quite some time but the real problem for this series is it's ending, scans aren't finished but from what I hear ending is less that great.

If your in the market, I'd suggest a few shoujo titles that are pretty great.

Koukou Debut - Awesome series that has the couple get together rather early on shows how their relationship goes on from there.
Completed series.

You're My Girlfriend - Short series of only 4 chapters but 4 totally brilliant chapters of what is my favorite shoujo title.
Obviously with only 4 chapters things will probably feel rushed I guess but I loved it.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - Great series but with some themes that kinda stand out from the norm but pretty sure none of them go against what you mentioned.
umi no saki...check out the art..dont really absorb me to it.
i hear of ichigo a long time edi and got download the anime...but never bother to see it...but i am checking out ane doki =

honestly as for now..i really enjoy Kimi no Iru Machi....it will be hard to find any other romance manga similar to this quality...in art/story wise..lol..
Old 2011-07-18, 12:01   Link #7
User68604
Disabled By Request

ichigo 100% is one of the best romance mangas of all time -ane doki is subpar in comparison (same mangaka)
Old 2011-07-18, 20:58   Link #8
Fran~
floating away...

Pastel... it is slow... but i think that it's ok.
Old 2011-07-18, 21:30   Link #9
ninetail1989
Dreamer

I read finish Onedoki..nt say I like it since it's rather ridiculous for me..I rather call it a comedy base more than romance..nt to mention I dislike the age gap between both of them..
Pastel seems promising to me..living in the same house all dat..gonna start reading it n the art is nt too bad.thx for this
Old 2011-07-18, 21:46   Link #10
Fran~
floating away...

One of the best things in Pastel is the art, is pure scenery pr0n. OTOH the serialization is slow. So i would suggest that you don't read it in a couple of days
Old 2011-07-18, 21:53   Link #11
ninetail1989
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
One of the best things in Pastel is the art, is pure scenery pr0n. OTOH the serialization is slow. So i would suggest that you don't read it in a couple of days
It is still on going series or ended at volum 26?
Old 2011-07-18, 22:25   Link #12
Fran~
floating away...

AFAIK, it's still ongoing.
Old 2011-07-19, 08:56   Link #13
User68604
Disabled By Request

i think I"S will be more up ur alley than pastel -

1. because it is completed and actually conclusive in the ending
2. because pastel has the worst shonen "female" male protagonist evar
Old 2011-07-20, 13:56   Link #14
JRendell
Manga Addict

Can't believe I forgot about GE ~Good Ending~.

That is definitely worth a look. Still publishing with 89 chapters scanlated I believe.
Old 2011-07-21, 04:07   Link #15
vrz

ive read suzuka and ichigo 100%, i really enjoyed both of them
But i suppose suzuka's ending was a bit rushed and felt too quick.

is there manga/anime similar to those which have a good (no rushed/retarded) ending?

I would like something that ends well with closure.

thanks
Old 2011-07-21, 07:40   Link #16
JRendell
Manga Addict

^ You're looking for Onani Master Kurosawa. Don't let the ridiculous title put you off; it's a fantastic manga.
Old 2011-07-21, 08:16   Link #17
vrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
^ You're looking for Onani Master Kurosawa. Don't let the ridiculous title put you off; it's a fantastic manga.
Thanks, will check this out.

please feel free to recommend more, ive got a few more weeks before uni starts again.
i find myself quite attracted to these high school romances
Old 2011-07-21, 08:18   Link #18
vrz

also just read anedoki.
it was ok, wasnt as good as her previous works (ichigo)
Old 2011-07-21, 11:29   Link #19
vrz

TRIPLE post

just read Onani Master Kurosawa, was pretty interesting despite not being the genre i was looking for.

come to think of it, i cant really draw any paralells to suzuka or ichigo, other than having a high school as a background
Old 2011-07-21, 11:49   Link #20
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrz View Post
TRIPLE post

just read Onani Master Kurosawa, was pretty interesting despite not being the genre i was looking for.

come to think of it, i cant really draw any paralells to suzuka or ichigo, other than having a high school as a background
im a few chapters into good ending

i think this is exactly what ur looking for. high school backdrop, shonen,harem romance
Closed Thread