AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you feel sorry for Orihime?
Yes 93 28.88%
A little 36 11.18%
Hell no 121 37.58%
Meh other characters have suffered more. 65 20.19%
Other 7 2.17%
Voters: 322. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-26, 21:57   Link #201
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

not as much as i used too, for the simple fact she's become so self-depreciating that it's frustrating...especially since she has so much damn potential.
Old 2009-03-26, 22:21   Link #202
SeanQ

I don't care much because of the fact that she just doesn't learn, i.e. she continues to be captured from the enemy.
________
Justin Bieber

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 13:42.
Old 2009-03-28, 11:02   Link #203
Azley
hate yourself with style~
*Graphic Designer

Nope - not at all. There are chars with a much worser fate and besides her constant drama starts to annoy me. I do like her - don't get me wrong ~
Old 2009-03-28, 12:10   Link #204
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Sorry If this a wasted post, I can see the only thing that Orihime is what to them as a collateral damage to Ichigo and much as more to decent she just too hard on herself, but already it see this as an IchigoXRukia paring even Orihime is too much for helping Ichigo on others. But this is gone too much, I see on what on every anime series and for much Kubo as the creator he needs to make alot standpoints from his manga and I dont believe he's really dragging plot, but the only to make a good twist out of this. I just hope the only way to save this arc is let Orihime to make a deadly sacrifice and I may give her that only respect.
Old 2009-04-06, 18:32   Link #205
nhoc_sophia

nope..i dont feel sorry for her 1 bit... However, looking at her character ...she's the type that one is likely to protected. She's sweet, cute and kind. (sometimes annoying) There is nothing wrong with her except she needs to stop blaming herself.
Old 2009-04-06, 19:35   Link #206
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
she's utterly useless. even wonderweiss margera has shown to be more useful...he shot a bala at urahara. last time orihime tried to launch an attack on yami one of her fairies almost died. if i were in bleach i would not hand her to ulquiorra. i'd hand her to Nnoitra.
Old 2009-04-06, 21:03   Link #207
peekaydee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhoc_sophia View Post
nope..i dont feel sorry for her 1 bit... However, looking at her character ...she's the type that one is likely to protected. She's sweet, cute and kind. (sometimes annoying) There is nothing wrong with her except she needs to stop blaming herself.
How can she not? Blaming herself, I mean. She has been trying this whole time to help her friends in some way possible, but Ichigo's fight with Ulquiorra has shown that it's just that hard; she knows she's not strong enough. And remember - all the main characters here are only sixteen. They don't know how to handle the fact that their loved ones could die any moment while fighting their experienced opponents. She's blaming herself because she thinks it's her fault that Ichigo is this way - she doesn't want him to go completely hollow just to save her.
Old 2009-04-06, 21:49   Link #208
zombiewhisperer
IchiHime - Not Fantasy

Thats so true. You also have to take into account, Orihime's way of protecting is healing and mental (no not in the crazy sense). She only knows how to protects my helaing, and using words. Her vocabulary is a powerful thing. She can fight with intelligence, not strength. WHy else would she sacrafice her freedom? TO save her friends. Orihime knows she's not physically strong, but she does have a good go you cant deny that. Granted the times she has she's nearly killed herself and others. But she is determined to protect her friends as much as possible at any cost.
Old 2009-04-07, 01:10   Link #209
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewhisperer View Post
Thats so true. You also have to take into account, Orihime's way of protecting is healing and mental (no not in the crazy sense). She only knows how to protects my helaing, and using words. Her vocabulary is a powerful thing. She can fight with intelligence, not strength. WHy else would she sacrafice her freedom? TO save her friends. Orihime knows she's not physically strong, but she does have a good go you cant deny that. Granted the times she has she's nearly killed herself and others. But she is determined to protect her friends as much as possible at any cost.
that can be said for all the characters in Bleach. protecting. they all do that.

Rukia for ichigo.
Renji for Rukia
Toshiro for Momo
Ichigo for Rukia
Nii-Sama for Rukia.
i can go on and on........

protecting is nothing new. Bleach prcatically functions on that fact alone.

it's just that she is so pathetic. granted i am a OriHater. but, don't you just want to slap her one.

she sacrificed her freedon because she thought that her friends were going to lose. and she should have known that they were going to come after her. the Saving Rukia Operation should have given her a little hint. it's not like they were just going to sit around and do nothing. of course they were going to come and try to save her. TBH i think she should be the sacrifice that might happen in the not so distent future(not saying there will be one, just that the way it is going now it would seem apropriate)

granted her rejection powers are her saving grace. also she did become stronger whe she was training with Rukia in SS. and about her personality not being like a fighting typ as well as self-blaming. Honestly how much needs to happen for her to get over that and relise what the situtation is right now? they all maybe young but they have been through a lot and all that has happed so far is experience. i mean if going through all of the things that have happen so far and the character stays the same then there is no character development. character development happens in physically and mentally. also she has relised what her powers are now. the fact that she is able to reject things. at one point i think she was even thinking of rejecting the Hogakuu(can't spell). why does'nt she just heal ichigo of his madness.

Last edited by kayote; 2009-04-07 at 01:36.
Old 2009-04-07, 07:53   Link #210
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
it's just that she is so pathetic. granted i am a OriHater. but, don't you just want to slap her one
Pathetic, for what? I admit, that Inoue is too sensitive for her own good, and impulsive when it comes to her feelings. But, this is how her character is being structured. She is more, of a CLAMP-Kotori/Sakura material, rather than NGE-Asuka.
To me, it seems, that people raise the steaks way too much for Inoue, with the whole fight-concept, something that will probably never happen, because that will never be a crucial part of her character. Her essential characteristic, is her kind nature. She cannot just get a sword, and go and play Rambo, that would not be her. Her role is that, of the healer. And her feelings, usually get the best of her. If a few people, consider her pathetic for this, what can i say? To each his own.
Old 2009-04-07, 09:36   Link #211
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Pathetic, for what? I admit, that Inoue is too sensitive for her own good, and impulsive when it comes to her feelings. But, this is how her character is being structured. She is more, of a CLAMP-Kotori/Sakura material, rather than NGE-Asuka.
To me, it seems, that people raise the steaks way too much for Inoue, with the whole fight-concept, something that will probably never happen, because that will never be a crucial part of her character. Her essential characteristic, is her kind nature. She cannot just get a sword, and go and play Rambo, that would not be her. Her role is that, of the healer. And her feelings, usually get the best of her. If a few people, consider her pathetic for this, what can i say? To each his own.
a character is suppose to go through character development as the manga progresses. but she was a lot more braver when she was in SS. she wasn't as pathetic. Sakuara was more brave than Inoue. she captured cards on a reguler basis and proved herself. i'm not saying that she pick up a sword and start on a spree but, after all the things that have happend she should be a bit more self-beliving. she went to SS and survived. she learned about her powers and should by now know the limitations of it. also the fact taht her friends were being picked off one at a time should have some sort of effect on her mind.

frankly if she did pick up a sword and go on a killing spree it would ruin her character. she should by now be able to do things other than shout Kurosaki-kun for a whole chapter. and feel sorry for herself.
Old 2009-04-07, 11:11   Link #212
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
a character is suppose to go through character development as the manga progresses. but she was a lot more braver when she was in SS. she wasn't as pathetic. Sakuara was more brave than Inoue. she captured cards on a reguler basis and proved herself. i'm not saying that she pick up a sword and start on a spree but, after all the things that have happend she should be a bit more self-beliving. she went to SS and survived. she learned about her powers and should by now know the limitations of it. also the fact taht her friends were being picked off one at a time should have some sort of effect on her mind.

frankly if she did pick up a sword and go on a killing spree it would ruin her character. she should by now be able to do things other than shout Kurosaki-kun for a whole chapter. and feel sorry for herself.
But it is exactly the specialty of this chapter, that Inoue is not supposed to do something else. She cannot. The person she loves the most, gets killed in front of her eyes. Her freak out-meter, is pretty much pegged, when she saw Ishida getting beaten up as well.
She did protect Ichigo, {the whole bubble-shield, when Ulqui threw him up from the dome} but when she saw, his corpse pretty much, she just loses it.
What would you expect her to do?
Old 2009-04-07, 12:18   Link #213
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
But it is exactly the specialty of this chapter, that Inoue is not supposed to do something else. She cannot. The person she loves the most, gets killed in front of her eyes. Her freak out-meter, is pretty much pegged, when she saw Ishida getting beaten up as well.
She did protect Ichigo, {the whole bubble-shield, when Ulqui threw him up from the dome} but when she saw, his corpse pretty much, she just loses it.
What would you expect her to do?
ummmmmmmm...i don't know.....like use the godly powers taht she has. if she really did love Ichigo and cared for her friend Ishida then she would do all that was in her power. like healing them with that rejecting power that she is known for in the manga. she is known for healing, so what good is it if she can't even do that for the one she loves. i mean Ichigo fought with Grim, taht spanish guy(can't remember his name) and then went on to fight against Uli so that he could rescue her. he knew taht he might not be a match for him yet he still fought, beliving he would be able to save her. dose't that show how one way the frienship is. if she really did care for him she would have put her hands on those pritty little flower hairpins and said (i can't remember the exact line but, you know the one i mean.) and he would not have hole any more.

i just find it very fustrating because her charcater does have potential beyond those huge Double D's and it's all going to waste. becasue she is so self-lothing and emotionally crippled.

Last edited by kayote; 2009-04-07 at 12:29.
Old 2009-04-07, 12:35   Link #214
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
ummmmmmmm...i don't know.....like use the godly powers taht she has. if she really did love Ichigo and cared for her friend Ishida then she would do all that was in her power. like healing them with that rejecting power that she is known for in the manga. she is known for healing, so what good is it if she can't even do that for the one she loves. i mean Ichigo fought with Grim, taht spanish guy(can't remember his name) and then went on to fight against Uli so that he could rescue her. he knew taht he might not be a match for him yet he still fought, beliving he would be able to save her. dose't that show how one way the frienship is. if she really did care for him she would have put her hands on those pritty little flower hairpins and said (i can't remember the exact line but, you know the one i mean.) and he would not have hole any more.

i just find it very fustrating because her charcater does have potential beyond those huge Double D's and it's all going to waste. becasue she is so self-lothing and emotionally crippled.
Are you saying, that Inoue does not love Ichigo and does not care about Ishida? So, taking "revenge" to Ulqui, by supposedly using her God-powers towards Ulqui, because he killed Ichigo, would prove that she really does love him?
Excuse me, but when the most important person of your life, dies in front of your very eyes, i am pretty sure, you are way too much busy, mourning and picking the pieces of your broken heart, rather than think of anything else at that moment.
Old 2009-04-07, 12:38   Link #215
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Are you saying, that Inoue does not love Ichigo and does not care about Ishida? So, taking "revenge" to Ulqui, by supposedly using her God-powers towards Ulqui, because he killed Ichigo, would prove that she really does love him?
Excuse me, but when the most important person of your life, dies in front of your very eyes, i am pretty sure, you are way too much busy, mourning and picking the pieces of your broken heart, rather than think of anything else at that moment.
umm i did not say that she kill Uli. i said taht she heal Ichigo. i mean she does have that power. what good is it if she can't even heal the one she loves.

Read the whole post.

and yes i do think that Ichigo and inoue are friends as i am pro IchRuki.
Old 2009-04-07, 12:43   Link #216
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
umm i did not say that she kill Uli. i said taht she heal Ichigo. i mean she does have that power. what good is it if she can't even heal the one she loves.

Read the whole post.
I used the impossible-example to show that, healing-attacking-whatever, seems absurd at this point for Inoue.
She is crushed because of what she saw. She cannot do anything, because a million thoughts are passing through her mind. I am not sure, if a few people get, what Ichigo means to Inoue. And what it means to her, seeing him in the black-hole state he was. She is paralyzed because of this sight.

And thanks, i can read quite well posts, no need to indicate that to me. You obviously missed my sideline-example.
Old 2009-04-07, 13:25   Link #217
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
I used the impossible-example to show that, healing-attacking-whatever, seems absurd at this point for Inoue.
She is crushed because of what she saw. She cannot do anything, because a million thoughts are passing through her mind. I am not sure, if a few people get, what Ichigo means to Inoue. And what it means to her, seeing him in the black-hole state he was. She is paralyzed because of this sight.

And thanks, i can read quite well posts, no need to indicate that to me. You obviously missed my sideline-example.
ok so your saying that the one she loves with all her being gets crused by some guy and at the point the only thing going through her mind is taht he has a hole in ths chest and he might be dead.

what i am saying is that going from past there should now be enough character development for her to make use of the one thing taht she does. like healing.

and also TBH i woud't mind her going of and trying to take revenge for Ichido by batteling Uli. i mean anything will do, as long as she has some sort of reaction that is not just shouting his name.
Old 2009-04-07, 13:39   Link #218
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

and also TBH i woud't mind her going of and trying to take revenge for Ichido by batteling Uli. i mean anything will do, as long as she has some sort of reaction that is not just shouting his name.
Oh well, i suppose, even that "tiny" little thing, had its effect. At least, Ichigo, did listen to that "useless" reaction Inoue had. 8)
Old 2009-04-07, 13:45   Link #219
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Oh well, i suppose, even that "tiny" little thing, had its effect. At least, Ichigo, did listen to that "useless" reaction Inoue had. 8)
yeah he did but, taht does nothing for Inoue. she needs some character and right now it was all just shouting Ichigo's name. and that's the pathetic part. i get taht her character is is weak and self-lothing and pity on herself but, after all the things that have happend it's like she has just stayed still and done nothing sense the start of the manga.
Old 2009-04-07, 14:04   Link #220
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

How about we put this into perspective...

Someone has your mother/father/insert person most important to you, at gun point in front of your you, and shoots him/her in the head. Now what would the normal human reaction be?

First comes immediate shock, then overwhelming sadness and confusion, then despair, then once the person made peace with the fact that the person is gone if this even occurs, anger (for some).

In few cases, the person jumps into anger before despair kicks in. But that depends on the persons nature.
Closed Thread