AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 44 36.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 24.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.83%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-01-16, 10:57   Link #101
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Koyomi: "Nadeko's mother saved something important to a man today"

or something close to that was uttered by our still virgin masochist no wonder he is stuck with Hitagi, ignoring every other girl that would submit to him
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 11:04   Link #102
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Looks like this season is more fanservice.
Well , i don't really mind cuz the dialogue are quite hilarious but hope for a plot soon.
And i wanna know more about Araragi's past with the lil vampire.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 11:12   Link #103
Malkuth
Banned

^ for Shinobu/Tsubasa there is Kizumonogatari

As for lacking in plot, better not focus between thighs
Old 2012-01-16, 11:25   Link #104
Zetsubo
著述遮断

I watched it again.

I initially disliked the Kanbaru character (from Bake: Surga Monkey) but once I got to see her develop (Bake: Nadeko Snake) it was solid love. She rocked this episode. Dear lord, what did she do to Koyomi ?!
Spoiler for Not much a spoiler but...:

Those two women would trade notes on how to make Koyomi scream like a bitch.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 11:42   Link #105
Malkuth
Banned

@Zetsubou: Not really, true... Koyomi would suffer physically, but being a ドM wouldn't really mind. Suruga on the other hand, would die if Hitagi even found out, and begins ignoring her again; last time that happened, she sent three classmates to the hospital and nearly gave a vampire the final death
Old 2012-01-16, 14:24   Link #106
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
QUOTED: "Super-cool and perfect!"
For those who didn't know, this is a reference to Deka Blue (from Dekaranger). Previously Karen also made a reference to Deka Master, from the same sentai.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 18:28   Link #107
Candyshark

I kind of being wondering about Kanbaru's sexual orientation. Is she really homosexual or is it just overflowing admiration for Hitagi? Since I kind of thought that black books represented more hetero romace story. Is Koyomi converting her or it is just for laughs and show more girly side of hers. I guess for someone who claims to be pervert and exhibitionist having less of extreme read is embarassing.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 18:38   Link #108
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Koyomi: "Nadeko's mother saved something important to a man today"

or something close to that was uttered by our still virgin masochist no wonder he is stuck with Hitagi, ignoring every other girl that would submit to him
That quote kind of reminds me of that weird (yet awesome) moment In Tsubasa Cat when Koyomi tries to touch Nadeko's head, and she shies away, but then gives no resistance when he tries to tease her by starting to lift her skirt. He says something along the lines of "I feel like I'm being tested/judged as a man."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
For those who didn't know, this is a reference to Deka Blue (from Dekaranger). Previously Karen also made a reference to Deka Master, from the same sentai.
I was actually just thinking about how much her outfit was reminiscent of a kind of sentai design, aside from the obvious bee motif.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 18:59   Link #109
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
I kind of being wondering about Kanbaru's sexual orientation. Is she really homosexual or is it just overflowing admiration for Hitagi? Since I kind of thought that black books represented more hetero romace story. Is Koyomi converting her or it is just for laughs and show more girly side of hers. I guess for someone who claims to be pervert and exhibitionist having less of extreme read is embarassing.
Kanbaru's books are all yaoi--that is, homosexual romances between men. Why Kanbaru is into yaoi when she herself is a lesbian may or may not be worth thinking about; Araragi's accusations toward Kanbaru in this episode involved pointing out that yaoi is actually a fairly common interest/fantasy for adolescent girls nowadays and that, most of the material in Kanbaru's being in fact fairly vanilla upon closer inspection, she just might not be as perverted as she tries to say she is.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 19:07   Link #110
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
She is a Lesbian... but possible Bisexual given that flirts with Koyomi and enjoys it.

She likes Koyomi and would date him and sleep with him and possible marry him (Her comments in this last episode) ... but

She loves (and fears) Hitagi more and that is probably the only reason she doesn't act on her liking for him. (comments and clenched fist in last episode)

To me it seems it was simply a matter of who she met first it seems.

SOURCE: Nadeko Snake ARC: While they were walking up the mountain pass... that very intimate conversation they had.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 19:42   Link #111
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
She likes Koyomi and would date him and sleep with him and possible marry him (Her comments in this last episode) ... but
Worth noting is that you could add "kill him" to that list, if it would actually help her chances with Hitagi. Luckily for him, it wouldn't.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 19:45   Link #112
Clarste
Human

In terms of the general complaints about "nothing happening", if you recall back in Bakemonogatari every arc started with Araragi talking to the girl of the previous arc before the new story kicked in properly (not that the conversations were completely irrelevant, but certainly prior to the recognition that there's a problem). This is doing the same thing, except instead of just the girl of the previous arc he's having a conversation with the girl(s) of the previous series. The pacing is slower, but the concept is the same.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 20:40   Link #113
Candyshark

@Sol Falling.
I think I was misunderstood. Red books=BL. Black Books=straight/manxwoman. There were no black books during Bakemonogatari. I don't know why did I pay so much attention to seemingly meaningless detail.

I always had problems to gauge Koyomi and Kanbaru relationships. They seemed to be buddy-buddy with each other. But sometimes I have a feeling that Kanbaru is closest contestor for Koyomi's pants next to Hitagi and they are thaaat close.

Strangely I thought she was lesbian by conviction rather than orientation. Thats why I thought that books represented that someone else appeared in her life besides Hitagi to think about romance.
Candyshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 23:00   Link #114
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Kanbaru's books are all yaoi--that is, homosexual romances between men. Why Kanbaru is into yaoi when she herself is a lesbian may or may not be worth thinking about; Araragi's accusations toward Kanbaru in this episode involved pointing out that yaoi is actually a fairly common interest/fantasy for adolescent girls nowadays and that, most of the material in Kanbaru's being in fact fairly vanilla upon closer inspection, she just might not be as perverted as she tries to say she is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
She is a Lesbian... but possible Bisexual given that flirts with Koyomi and enjoys it.

She loves (and fears) Hitagi more and that is probably the only reason she doesn't act on her liking for him. (comments and clenched fist in last episode)

To me it seems it was simply a matter of who she met first it seems.

SOURCE: Nadeko Snake ARC: While they were walking up the mountain pass... that very intimate conversation they had.
There are so many fujoshi and closet lesbians that enjoy male homo action in this forum... you could ask them, since they are in a similar state of mind Judging from outside this fray, I would say that realistically speaking young and/or insecure persons, tend to admire something unattainable (Hitagi, safe sexual fulfillment from the same sex), while strive to attain something they want (Koyomi, heterosexual intercourse).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
That quote kind of reminds me of that weird (yet awesome) moment In Tsubasa Cat when Koyomi tries to touch Nadeko's head, and she shies away, but then gives no resistance when he tries to tease her by starting to lift her skirt. He says something along the lines of "I feel like I'm being tested/judged as a man."
Cursed Tsubasa Cat SHAFTed anime arc, not only it took over a year to finish, it focused on everyone except Tsubasa

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-01-16 at 23:02. Reason: romanization
Old 2012-01-17, 01:18   Link #115
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Surprisingly erotic (though I''m unfamiliar with the source material)... this is probably the "unique" series of the season.

Can't say I'm amused that CR has snagged it but will give them a shot to check viewability.

Oh, and "age of consent" varies around the world (or for that matter from state to state and province to province) so please stop using "pedophilia" when the right term is "under-age in your neighborhood", eh?
Old 2012-01-17, 02:54   Link #116
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Oh, and "age of consent" varies around the world (or for that matter from state to state and province to province) so please stop using "pedophilia" when the right term is "under-age in your neighborhood", eh?
"Pedophilia" implies prepubscent which isn't the case with Nadeko.

To be honest, most of Nadeko's appeal - that she's cute, shy, and petite and she has a big crush on someone - is not age dependent. Only her (prominently featured this episode) technique - act (mostly) innocent and tempt Koyomi into making a move - screams "lolita". That's why you don't see the same jailbait accusations leveled at Koyomi's sisters despite the similar ages. And I'd actually argue that it's probably an unfair assessment of her character - she's a shy girl with a deep crush trying to get a bit of attention, not a archetypical "naughty schoolgirl".

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 04:05   Link #117
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Right, trying to get a bit of attention by stradling a guy in a game of twister with a top that's apparently fighting gravity as hard as her libido.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 04:45   Link #118
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Right, trying to get a bit of attention by stradling a guy in a game of twister with a top that's apparently fighting gravity as hard as her libido.
Well, you've got a point.

But... look, I'm well aware that she wants to have sex with him. But I don't think wanting to have sex with her crush makes a 14 year old girl a "lolita". I don't get the sense with Nadeko that she's looking to be a man-killer - more like she's a shy girl who happens to use these tactics to overcome her inability to be direct.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 05:14   Link #119
Malkuth
Banned

I think that she considers having sex with him the main tool in her struggle to gain his love.
Old 2012-01-17, 12:28   Link #120
christinemarie
Crazy One

@Malkuth
Reality wise, almost every girl in love wants the one they adore inside their room and letting them sit on the bed but not to the point of going beyond the normal. I witness everything unfold. Nadeko isn't an exception since she knows Koyomi-nii won't notice her if she won't change. Koyomi is quite a nice guy for not taking advantage of her not so innocent actions.

I'm quite interested what's inside the closet (storage, vault being implied) of Nadeko, that she even have a lock code installed, probably she hastened removed all items shouldn't be seen by anyone after knowing Koyomi would come into her home.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote