AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-12, 05:58   Link #1401
Optimouse Prime

Some image caps from Chapters 4 and 5 (scroll down).

http://time.banter-crew.net/archives/18806.html

More information on Chapter 5 (eps 15-18). WARNING: Spoilers!

http://augustragone.blogspot.ca/2013...chapter-4.html

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-01-13 at 18:31. Reason: Please edit your post and refrain from double posting...
Optimouse Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 06:13   Link #1402
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by August138 View Post
BATTLESHIP YAMATO: 2199 • CHAPTER 4: DEFENSE OF THE GALACTIC MARCH just opened in Japanese cinemas today, and friends on the ground at the Shinjuku Piccadilly theater have say that the atmosphere there is akin to a madhouse — news promising that it's another hit! And best yet (for me and some close local pals), I should have a copy of the limited edition, theater exclusive Blu-ray in my greedy mitts by the end of this coming week (because I've got some awesome, understanding pals, for whom I'm most grateful)!
It is my far-fetched hope that Ch.4 and Ch. 5 become such a huge commercial success that it will make all those youngster will come begging for forgiveness for scoffing at this series. In my wildest dreams, I guess. When will people learn that while new things are good, old things can be reinvented to be much better?
Old 2013-01-12, 06:19   Link #1403
Optimouse Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
It is my far-fetched hope that Ch.4 and Ch. 5 become such a huge commercial success that it will make all those youngster will come begging for forgiveness for scoffing at this series. In my wildest dreams, I guess. When will people learn that while new things are good, old things can be reinvented to be much better?
Well Battlestar Galactica already proved that, IMO.
Optimouse Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 06:45   Link #1404
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, judging by the very limited number of images...Yamato's in for quite a fight against Dommel. At much, much closer ranges than she ever did in the 1974-75 version.

Old events ahead. These things may not happen this time around, but...if you've not seen the original...this will be new to you.
Spoiler for older Yamato events:

This time it looks like Dommel's forces will hound Yamato more starting in I guess episode 13 with the (Galman) Wulf himself. Also from the two or three images, I guess the fleet will engage Yamato directly at close range more than once, even before they get to Balun.

(The grey ship that is not Dommel's flagship appears to be of the same class that was shown in green when the Dommel and Dessler were introduced in a magazine before last April. The "Hyzeraad Class" battleship. One in green can be seen on the cover art of Chapter 5. I wonder who's ship that and the green one's are suppose to be?)

The cover art for Chapter 5 shows Dommel and his wife with Balun in the background. Something that looks like a warp gate. And a lot of Gamilas warships. There is Dommel's Flagship large in the center. It is flanked by Goer's battleship and a few of the Balun base survivors (in camo paint), A green "Hyzeraad Class" battleship. Several battlecruisers, a green multi-decked carrier, and lots and lots of cruisers and destroyers. With all the detail work going into this show, I almost fully expect an Order of Battle for Dommel's Fleets by the end.
Old 2013-01-12, 10:29   Link #1405
Vito
Asshole.

New image from Newtype

When it gets reupped (I already asked someone) I'll edit the post with the bigger scan.

Last edited by Vito; 2013-01-12 at 21:35. Reason: Switched to a better scan
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 10:43   Link #1406
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
New image from Newtype

When it gets reupped (I already asked someone) I'll edit the post with the bigger scan.
You're awesome man

...holly balls!

...DAT ASS!
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 15:17   Link #1407
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And she's the youngest.

Still no word on the fate of miss hot Gamilas pilot.
Old 2013-01-12, 16:01   Link #1408
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
And she's the youngest.

Still no word on the fate of miss hot Gamilas pilot.
Maybe when Iscanders possess you, it causes certain upgrades?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 05:37   Link #1409
kimpleng
Lurker

Spoiler for manga sample:
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 07:19   Link #1410
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimouse Prime View Post
Well Battlestar Galactica already proved that, IMO.
It did, but apparently, many Western Young anime fans already forgot about that proof.
Old 2013-01-13, 10:31   Link #1411
Vito
Asshole.

Manga "sample"? AkibaBlog posted those, it's from the 2nd volume (link NSFW ads), that was released yesterday. I believe manga author also made a making of sort of doujinshi (link, again NSFW ads).

P.S: IMHO the BSG remake had a horribly bad ending.
Old 2013-01-13, 14:07   Link #1412
denshousha

J-Wiki says that Tetsuya Kitano (the recruit from Yamato: The New Voyage) now appears. Weird. Also hearing talk that some other season three Galman-Gamilas characters will appear. (Keyring & Histenberger)
denshousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 16:54   Link #1413
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by denshousha View Post
J-Wiki says that Tetsuya Kitano (the recruit from Yamato: The New Voyage) now appears. Weird. Also hearing talk that some other season three Galman-Gamilas characters will appear. (Keyring & Histenberger)
There is a Kitano-esque character in episode 7, right on the front row when the captain is making his toast. Wonder if it's actually him.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 17:02   Link #1414
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not sure how on Kitano (flashback is possible I guess, or he's a crewman and went to the academy later to become an officer. But then he's know the ship and older crew members already. At least somewhat. Though they did seem comfortable having him take the combat chair and had him both pilot the ship and fire the wave motion gun.), but the Galman characters could be Gamilas orignally as most of them were not really stated to be native to Galman over Gamilas (at least in Yamato III).

Plus we don't quite know the scale of the Greater Gamilas Empire in 2199. We can guess that Galman is either the distant former homeland (lost to time) or it is a prime colony world deep in the Milky Way Galaxy. Though why they would have that is an unknown. Also the reason to attack Earth is still an unknown.

It is always possible they will change the backstory of places and people to fit into the current story, or to make potental future stories make more sense in the limited timeline. Having the Galman Wulf as a Gamilas submarine commander in 2199 makes a certain amount of sense in that by Yamato III, he was a high ranking officer with a large reputation and they have multiple high tech submarines with advanced tactics, when the rebuilt Galman-Gamilas Empire should only be a year or so old.
Old 2013-01-13, 18:38   Link #1415
August138

VOL. 4 BLU-RAY ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! Yee-haw! And soon this limited-edition, theater-exclusive prize will be docking in my mail box... Thanks a million, Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denshousha View Post
Where, exactly is this listed?

Last edited by August138; 2013-01-14 at 00:37.
August138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 02:26   Link #1416
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Yamato2199 Wiki has some names for the Cometine ships: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%AE%...E%E3%83%882199

Class space cruiser Lascaux ラスコー級宇宙巡洋艦

Class space destroyer Kukulcan ククルカン級宇宙駆逐艦

Nazca-class aircraft carrier medium-sized space ナスカ級宇宙中型空母

(I will assume there is a better translation for these names?)

I saw no reference there to Tetsuya Kitano, Keyring nor Histenberger.
Old 2013-01-14, 02:33   Link #1417
MasterVampire

Quote:
VOL. 4 BLU-RAY ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! Yee-haw! And soon this limited-edition, theater-exclusive prize will be docking in my mail box... Thanks a million, Mike!

Where, exactly is this listed?
upload!

:P
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 03:13   Link #1418
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I saw no reference there to Tetsuya Kitano, Keyring nor Histenberger.
I saw mention of this on Twitter in reference to materials in a couple of issues of the official fan club magazine, "Yamato Ship's Log".

I just found it under the description for Susumu Kodai on the 2199 Wiki:

北野哲也(声 - 木島隆一)(階級は宙曹)

Kitano Tetsuya (V.A. Ryuichi Kishima) (Rank: Noncom)
Old 2013-01-14, 04:41   Link #1419
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The characters page suggests he is in episode 13 (maybe 7 as well).

The Galman-Gamilas personel are listed there as well. Likely as background people in episode 8 for Dessler's party.

Edit:

This guy?

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-01-14 at 04:59.
Ithekro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 07:12   Link #1420
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
I hate you :P Joke aside wasn't there also an Akira Yamamoto illustration with the theater exclusive release?

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato