AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-01-07, 23:07   Link #21
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Old gamer's pride I guess. If I were to get stuff from other players, I could no longer feel that I acomplished anything on my own.

Today is one gem, tomorrow you feel like trading for a wand and before you know it, nothing on your inventory is self-found. Mind you, I understand why people trade, since it's next to imposible finding everything on your own and many simply lack the time to hunt down every piece they need.

On a different note... the new patch gets released tomorrow.

Not expecting a change on this soon, but it would be nice if the duration of portals could be increased....... a lot.
Old 2014-01-07, 23:51   Link #22
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Ah self found, I agree with you on that, you trade one thing then it becomes easier and easier to get everything just by trading.

However without trading you limit yourself, its especially important in PoE, because the chances of you finding a 6L or a god like item specifically for your build is very small. But hey ho its how you play lots of respect for that.

Do you know many vendor recipes? They will be really helpful for you to use.

New patch looks good, maybe 1 or 2 more to go then I will hop back on. I always check to see the new unique's on the forums. Some of them are so badass! Plus in about 2 months time I think they are releasing the expansion.
Old 2014-01-08, 01:45   Link #23
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Do you know many vendor recipes? They will be really helpful for you to use.
I have seen the recipes on the wiki, but I am still not sure what were the new ones added for 1.0.4.

Quote:
New patch looks good, maybe 1 or 2 more to go then I will hop back on. I always check to see the new unique's on the forums. Some of them are so badass! Plus in about 2 months time I think they are releasing the expansion.
I heard the same. Hope they add and ending this time around.
Old 2014-01-08, 02:19   Link #24
Mcfart

Problem with POE is the hit detection/servers
Mcfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 04:27   Link #25
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcfart View Post
Problem with POE is the hit detection/servers
Can you elaborate?
Old 2014-01-08, 11:18   Link #26
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I have seen the recipes on the wiki, but I am still not sure what were the new ones added for 1.0.4.

I heard the same. Hope they add and ending this time around.
Best recipe to go for is prismatic rings, very high chance of getting a good ring and if not just collect 5 of each sell them back and start again The expansion will include act 4, which could be the ending to the first story. I just hope they up the 3D art on the items I hate looking like a trash can at 70.

I think Mcfart is talking about the desync issues, which isn't that much of a problem anymore, unless you go for a whirling blades build or very high mobility.
Old 2014-01-08, 21:00   Link #27
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Best recipe to go for is prismatic rings
Yes, but that recipe was already there prior to 1.0.4. When the new patch came, they announced four new ones, which I have yet to see listed anywhere.

I do agree about prismatic rings being useful, speciallly at the beginning.
Old 2014-01-08, 21:59   Link #28
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Oh right sorry. I am sure there not like getting a divine or anything. Whats your build on your witch? Because the wand recipe is useful to know.
Old 2014-01-08, 23:42   Link #29
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Fire Witch for the most part, but I do like to have the zombies around too. Going for armor/evasion gear because I never felt safe behind energy shield with my first witch.

I also rely heavily on curses, such as Flambility and Enfeble. Hex Master + Enfeble is pretty awesome.

What's your current build?
Old 2014-01-09, 12:29   Link #30
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

That sounds like a very hard build to pull off reliant on gear or quality gems?

Last time I played I was using my Scion as a lightning strike build, extremely fast and heavy elemental damage, hard to play till around 40 then its very easy and one shots a lot. Using armour too, got to 55 now.

Before that I was a spark witch build with CI was a lot of fun until 70, then I just didn't have enough energy shield to survive maps, and didn't have enough currency to upgrade all my gear.
Old 2014-01-11, 04:25   Link #31
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
That sounds like a very hard build to pull off reliant on gear or quality gems?
Reliant on whatever I can get my hands on!

I am also interested in playing a Scion, but I'll probably try the Ranger first and then her. Oh, and I managed to play a few events today, btw.

If my computer doesn't explode, I may be able to get the first prize on my next event.
Old 2014-01-17, 05:07   Link #32
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Ah nice, did the events go well?

I like were the Scion is on the passive tree, can be modeled into nearly every build. I just read up on the news for the new trading system, sounds very easy to use compared to the one at the moment. If you can even call the current trading, a system
Old 2014-01-17, 21:48   Link #33
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Already got the first two prizes (24 points), but lost 5 to greed at the hands of a boss. If I had avoided him for another 30 seconds instead of trying a last minute kill, I would already had the boots as well.

No further events today break my heart, since I wont be having much time to play come next week.

btw......

Do you know how some people are getting their HP stat so high? (+5,000 HP). The life nodes (6 and 8%) don't seem to give off that much to my Lv. 60 Witch, and I am barely above the 1,100 HP mark in mercyless.
Old 2014-01-21, 14:32   Link #34
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Unlucky on that, but at least you got a few rewards.

The only people I see with 5k+ have Kaom's Heart and other extremely high hp items, with hp nodes together.

Because you said you are going for armour/evasion gear, your hp should be a little bit higher then that at Lvl 60.Running around with 1.1k is really hard in mercy, very likely to get one shotted. What are your values for Armour/evasion?

New information for the upcoming skills!
Quote:
Summon Raging Spirit: Summons a short-lived flaming skull that rushes at nearby enemies and attacks them rapidly. Enemies cannot directly engage these spirits and can pass through them.

Desecrate: Desecrates the ground, summoning corpses and dealing chaos damage to all enemies in the area.

Flesh Offering: Consumes a corpse, temporarily empowering your minions with swiftness (attack, cast and movement speed). The skill consumes other nearby corpses, increasing the duration for each corpse consumed.

Bone Offering: Consumes a corpse, temporarily granting all of your minions the power to block both attacks and spells. The skill consumes other nearby corpses, increasing the duration for each corpse consumed.
May have to create a summoner.
Old 2014-02-04, 21:28   Link #35
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Started playing this a week ago. lv78 marauder on domination. Not sure if anyone here still plays, IGN is nu_kiritsugu.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 09:06   Link #36
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I am not playing at the moment, because I hate the 3d art at high levels, just look like a trash can. But in 1.1 update new 3d art so will be playing when that comes out. What kind of build you using on your Marauder?
Old 2014-02-06, 00:52   Link #37
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Groundslam, following Alkazier's build.

With only 2 weeks left in domination I am mostly just "fooling around". I do not plan to keep this char as my main after merging to standard due to what I read to be a fucked up economy similar to D3, where something good would go for far beyond what I can afford.

Past 2 days have been rather depressing. As I ran out of maps to solo myself I started to join some free lv70 mapping parties. Everyone attack at 5 hits a second while I am hit noticeable slowly. Makes me think "Am I the only one who does not have a 5/6L weapon and chest?" (towards the last few days of the league/after league merged I am going to see if I can loan a 6L weapon from someone in guild so I can see if that is indeed "that one thing" I am missing)

I started to solo farm piety today and died 3 times to rubberbanding/desync as I ran to her chambers with a quicksilver flask (did around 10 runs)....

As I run with public groups I am also keeping an eye out on builds that might look cool/fun to play and do some research on the. When the new league begins I plan to make one caster (maybe summoner*) and a melee (not sure what build).

*I played with a summoner once in group play, tbh they don't feel that great there since the direct damage dealers are all just mowing through mobs while summons are all relatively slow/kind of do their own thing/cannot really keep up. I think they are more of a solo class where they let their summons clear map after map while picking up loot.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 00:25   Link #38
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Past 2 days have been rather depressing. As I ran out of maps to solo myself I started to join some free lv70 mapping parties. Everyone attack at 5 hits a second while I am hit noticeable slowly. Makes me think "Am I the only one who does not have a 5/6L weapon and chest?" (towards the last few days of the league/after league merged I am going to see if I can loan a 6L weapon from someone in guild so I can see if that is indeed "that one thing" I am missing)
I'd say you shouldn't be too concerned with what they're doing; rather, look at what your build is intended to do and go for that.

Quote:
I played with a summoner once in group play, tbh they don't feel that great there since the direct damage dealers are all just mowing through mobs while summons are all relatively slow/kind of do their own thing/cannot really keep up. I think they are more of a solo class where they let their summons clear map after map while picking up loot.
It sounds like those other players are forgetting that - unless you speak French - there is no 'I' in 'team'; they should be glad to have your summons tying up enemies so they can get in uncontested hits or providing supporting fire. You might have more fun in a group if the others remember that.

Oh, and if you're wondering about the upcoming mini-expansion... here's a hint.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 11:16   Link #39
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Path of Exile's first mini-expansion, Sacrifice of the Vaal
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/793831

Ohhhhhhh, will be returning to play when this hits.
Old 2014-02-14, 19:12   Link #40
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Ohhhhhhh, will be returning to play when this hits.
Never actually left; been having lots of fun with Viper Strike+Melee Splash, along with Fire Trap+Multiple Traps+Fire Penetration.

Oh, and I might as well leave their promo poster here:

http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/public...f_the_Vaal.jpg

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2014-02-24 at 01:36.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote