AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

View Poll Results: AMG! Season 2 Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 3 15.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 15.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 5.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 30.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 20.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 5.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 10.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-19, 21:12   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

AMG Season 2, Episode 3 Discussion

Welcome to this week's Episode of Ah! My Goddess Season 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Also remember that all the other series of AMG are licensed (first TV series, OVA, Movie, Mini-Goddess, and the manga) so no discussion about earlier fansubs or groups. Please use the Report button if you see any unmarked spoilers or other problems.

How to use Spoiler Tags

Spoiler tags are easy.

[spoiler=Megami and Keiichi]Are sister and brother.... What, you already knew!!![/spoiler]

...will get you this...

Spoiler for Megami and Keiichi:

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-04-28 at 08:29.
Old 2006-04-21, 16:05   Link #2
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

I guess I was a bit early posting this thread. For anyone that wants to skip ahead a bit, here's a blog entry that I found for this episode. Mind you...this entry does contain spoilers, so just be aware. Spoilers don’t bother me, but they do other people.

-> Anime on MY Mind
Old 2006-04-21, 18:37   Link #3
TTHX

EEEEE Can't wait!
Old 2006-04-21, 19:08   Link #4
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Im not up to date on japanese currency to USD exchange, but isnt Y200,000 somewhere in the neighborhood of $170,000USD?
Old 2006-04-21, 22:51   Link #5
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku
Im not up to date on japanese currency to USD exchange, but isnt Y200,000 somewhere in the neighborhood of $170,000USD?
Yikes! No, you need to move your decimal point - it would convert to about $1,700 USD.
Old 2006-04-23, 20:49   Link #6
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Man, I can't seem to shake the feeling that they are just jerking us around and making us go in circles with this relationship. And hasn't Keiichi done this disappearing act so that he can work to buy her something before? I was excited for this season since the end of the first season left me disappointed in the development of their relationship. I think Sayako should make some more physical moves on Keiichi to at least make this a bit more interesting.
Old 2006-04-23, 21:01   Link #7
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Fan-sub for this episode is out. Thanks again to AonE & AnY for all the hard work.
Old 2006-04-24, 09:04   Link #8
SonicMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
I think Sayako should make some more physical moves on Keiichi to at least make this a bit more interesting.
Thankfully I think this season we have Peorth for that ^_^ - atleast one would assume so from her appearance in the OP.

This episode was kinda cute, but I'm looking forward to seeing them start to get back towards some of the manga stories soon. 4th goddess arc plz kk thnx bai.
Old 2006-04-24, 09:15   Link #9
Shadowscar
Reviewer of all anime

Was it just me or did belldandy lie in this episode!!!

When Keiichi asks if she had been waiting for long, she says no (something like she only been waiting for a very short time), and then the little one starts saying she had been waiting all night... or am i just confused and thinking of something else lol
Old 2006-04-24, 09:56   Link #10
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
Man, I can't seem to shake the feeling that they are just jerking us around and making us go in circles with this relationship. And hasn't Keiichi done this disappearing act so that he can work to buy her something before? I was excited for this season since the end of the first season left me disappointed in the development of their relationship. I think Sayako should make some more physical moves on Keiichi to at least make this a bit more interesting.
The manga has been doing this for years. Considering the anime is faithfully following the manga...

This episode is pretty much a rewrite of the last 2 episodes of the OAV series (without the tree/promise backstory), so if you've seen those, this episode will feel very familiar. However, it is actually closer to chapter 16 of the manga (which I'm sure the original OAV drew on).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowscar

When Keiichi asks if she had been waiting for long, she says no (something like she only been waiting for a very short time), and then the little one starts saying she had been waiting all night... or am i just confused and thinking of something else lol
She most certainly did. I think the writers overlooked the fact that First class goddesses aren't supposed to lie, although Peorth does tell white lies. Although I would consider what Belldandy said to be an outright lie.

Speaking of Peorth, let's get her in the show already. This episode was nice, but it's time to have some goddess vs goddess confrontation.
Old 2006-04-24, 10:27   Link #11
Shadowscar
Reviewer of all anime

ahhhh my whole faith in this series went down the drain the second she lied /cry lol not really but it does make me sad to see a mistake like that and is it just me or does keiichi animation seem to be worse then normal this episode

also i agree the story lines "Nice" but it need some spice!!! lol
Old 2006-04-24, 12:11   Link #12
aikming

The word can be expressive and also logical. In most of the post above you refer it to logical. Belldandy may feel it wasnt long even if it might be long. Sometime when you wait for love one, long waiting also seem short. I dont think she's lying
Old 2006-04-24, 12:27   Link #13
Shadowscar
Reviewer of all anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikming
The word can be expressive and also logical. In most of the post above you refer it to logical. Belldandy may feel it wasnt long even if it might be long. Sometime when you wait for love one, long waiting also seem short. I dont think she's lying
damn technicalities... i guess you could fight with this arguement but its kinda iffy cause the little sisters there...
Old 2006-04-24, 12:28   Link #14
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

I gave the episode a 4 for several reasons. If the story is being told in a linear manner, this shouldve been told in season one. I remember this from the manga and I havent read past volume 4. This is definately a season one story bieng told in season two. Which totally scrambles the whole story.

Not to mention the episode was so dull, that I consider episode 1 better. So far they're 1 and 2. That's right. Im looking at this like a pitchers win/loss record. 1 win (good episde) and 2 loses (bad episodes).
Old 2006-04-24, 13:19   Link #15
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

This was a nice episode alright. There were some forced things here and there, but I found myself enjoying it nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku
I gave the episode a 4 for several reasons. If the story is being told in a linear manner, this shouldve been told in season one. I remember this from the manga and I havent read past volume 4. This is definately a season one story bieng told in season two. Which totally scrambles the whole story.
The order of events was scrambled halfway through season 1. There's no going back now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowscar
I'll take Human-Belldandy over Goddess Belldandy any day. As a matter of fact, I think this is just what the show needs right now.
Old 2006-04-24, 13:46   Link #16
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

7 for this episode, not much other than Keiichi working his butt off to buy a ring for Belldandy which symbolizes his feelings for her. It was romantic at the end . If only that ring sumbolizes marriage instead = = than 3 ep closure for the season lol that'd be funny indeed.

hm, i do HOPE they will put Peorth in within the next 7 episodes, or else they going to drag till the end of the world. Oh well, nothing to complain about as long as they show Goddess vs Goddess arc ^^, im happy.

Good luck with subbing ep 3 Aone + AnY ^^. Keep it up yoooo

Peace outz
Old 2006-04-24, 14:13   Link #17
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
I'll take Human-Belldandy over Goddess Belldandy any day. As a matter of fact, I think this is just what the show needs right now.
Yes, this also gives another excuse for Belldandy's behavior. Last episode we saw that Belldandy is becoming more a girl than a goddess. And of course, girls can lie. Anyways, for K1 to grab that balloon dangling in the air just for that ring, this episode shows that Keiichi is willing to go as far as risking his very life/die for Belldandy's sake. Even Sayoko has to admire that. It felt a bit nostalgic, don't quite remember if the same message as already presented last season.
Old 2006-04-24, 15:02   Link #18
Free Voice

Animation's ups and downs (and a bit of a fishy story)

Well, as much as I was satisfied with the episode n° 2, I should say that episode n° 3 is a mild disappointment. The animation has ups and downs which make it hard to be brought to supreme pleasure in one episode and then to see low-grade drawings in the next... Well it was also the case in the first season, so I guess that I'll just wait and see.

The story, instead was somewhat "fishy" (no easy pun intented) . The episode had more focus on the comical aspect of Urd pushing Keichi around on his jobs (and I am just wondering why she didn't seize the opportunity of doing something herself), than on the ring. I have to say that this episode does not come up to the dramatic force of the episode n° 5 of the OVA... But then, the story is different also.

One thing rather annoyed me: seeing Urd on her broomstick at all sorts of odd places at the sight of everyone... The whole story does not really benefit from having Urd mixed up in.

OK, once again my thanks to AOne and AnY for their wonderful job (getting an episode online monday morning... you must be really doing all-nighters on this!). Actually, does anybody know how many members are working on this specific project? I see some names in the credits, but that does not tell me how many are working on this project to keep such schedules...

About lying: uh, was it lying, or did Belldandy seem a bit out of touch with reality, while waiting for Keichi - we all know that worries let us loose the track of time...

Last edited by Free Voice; 2006-04-24 at 15:12.
Old 2006-04-24, 15:13   Link #19
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Voice
One thing rather annoyed me: seeing Urd on her broomstick at all sorts of odd places at the sight of everyone... The whole story does not really benefit from having Urd mixed up in.
I was just about ready to comment on this.

I really wonder why Bell and Urd are using their powers so openly in this new season. I though the whole idea was to keep their powers and identities as goddesses a secret.

Did they had a change of heart? Did Odin gave them permission? Or is this simple a sign of the show ditching the manga all together?

The mind wanders
Old 2006-04-24, 15:23   Link #20
Free Voice

Lightbulb What type of religion is AMG inserted into?

Now a member of the forum asked a question which prompts me to put a debate forward: isn't AMG TV series inserted in a more Catholic context, rather than only Nordic mythology?

Certainly, they are and remain Goddesses, but we have the OST's boxes with photos of Catholic church painted glasses, Belldandy and Keichi are visiting a Catholic church in episode 19 of first season, and in episode 2 of second season, a guy is proposing to Sayoko to "sing carols in Nekomi's cathedral", a typical occupation for Catholics or at least Christians...

Another silly question: how come that Urd and Skuld are allowed to stay on Earth, when Kami-sama seemed to have such bother with the presence of Belldandy in the first episode? Is Kami-sama discriminating against Belldandy?

Now, not considering the obvious references to the Nordic mythology (Sleipnir, etc), isn't the TV series slipping slowly towards Christian references?
Closed Thread