AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-04-09, 12:32   Link #621
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Actually, Akira says "The pay varies from job to job, but the talent agency takes a majority of them in which they refuse to let me know what percentage they are taking for themselves."
Aha... well, I got the gist . This show seems to go beyond my japanese parsing ability, I'm afraid.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 12:32   Link #622
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
~snipped~
Expletives? My interest just perked considerably. No wonder they wanted to air it at midnight.

Hehe.
Old 2007-04-09, 13:51   Link #623
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Expletives? My interest just perked considerably. No wonder they wanted to air it at midnight.

Hehe.
Maybe because it's loli girls and their discussing about Otaku stuff that is not suitable for ages 10 below or 13 below.

Either way Iam 100% hooked!!! Haruhi has passed the troch to Kona-chan~~!!!
Old 2007-04-09, 14:29   Link #624
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
weee... made my first animated avatar...

just wanted to try and make one...
it's AS friendly... i think...
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 14:34   Link #625
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level E View Post
Watch the OP carefully. It's really short.

Spoiler:
Shopped pic for comparison:

Man, I'll have to increase my otaku level to keep up with Konata .
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 15:48   Link #626
~Tsukuyomi
[- Caramelldansen Spam -]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Two versions. The former is slightly slower at 20fps, while the latter follows the anime speed at 25fps.

Cheers.
Thanks you...

Waiting for a.f.k.'s sub, episode 2, and Lucky Star's own forum here...
~Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 16:08   Link #627
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

wonder who's gonna funsub our little lolicon heroins? The StreetFighter Fight kinda reminded me of Jacky Chan's imittation of Chunli and he's a guy and Kona-chan imittated Ryu, which in opposite she's a girl.

Iam expecting more parodies and some added things on the anime ever since I saw that Ultra Ray pose. LOL
Old 2007-04-09, 16:17   Link #628
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Now, look at this thread, after the raw was out, discussion spew out like madness, and there's still the release of the subs left! Just from guessing the number of people that haven't made their comment yet because they're not raw viewers, I get scared like shit

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 16:17   Link #629
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
wonder who's gonna funsub our little lolicon heroins? The StreetFighter Fight kinda reminded me of Jacky Chan's imittation of Chunli and he's a guy and Kona-chan imittated Ryu, which in opposite she's a girl.
http://www.andrewlb.com/fansub/pukiw...?Spring%202007

From this list, I see a.f.k, Mahora and WinD

Though, I do not know how accurate this list may be.
Old 2007-04-09, 16:25   Link #630
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
http://www.andrewlb.com/fansub/pukiw...?Spring%202007

From this list, I see a.f.k, Mahora and WinD

Though, I do not know how accurate this list may be.
Thanks for the info

@: WanderingKnight - Yeah! It's popularity is quite shocking really, imho I think 4koma manga's like Azumanga reach that point of popularity.

Also seems like Haruhi has passed the torch to this little loli otaku that likes ero games. LOL
You think Kona-chan can be compared to the girls in GENSHKEN? Since the 2 other female members are otakus also. But it seems they're in a different genre. Kona-chan is more on the GAME and manga, while the other two are into cosplay and Yaoi. OMG!!! XD

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2007-04-09 at 16:28. Reason: added something...
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 16:27   Link #631
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
wonder who's gonna funsub our little lolicon heroins?
I'm pretty sure you mean heroines, unless you meant to refer to them as a non-street legal narcotic substance...
Old 2007-04-09, 16:29   Link #632
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Now, look at this thread, after the raw was out, discussion spew out like madness, and there's still the release of the subs left! Just from guessing the number of people that haven't made their comment yet because they're not raw viewers, I get scared like shit
In all fairness, a high post count does not necessarily mean something is well-recieved by all. I know quite a few people were disappointed with the first episode as it did not meet high expectations for something coming from Kyoto Animation.

Since it is a heavily dialogue-based show, I can only imagine that the subbers will likely contribute heavily to either its success or its failure. I'm very curious to see if they plan on slipping in lots of notes about Japanese culture to aid the delivery of the jokes. I'm thinking something like that would have a significant impact on how fans recieve this show. After all, Azumanga Daioh wouldn't have been that hilarious either without my understanding of all the cultural references and sayings.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 16:37   Link #633
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

i think that i'm hooked on the theme song 0_0
it sounds kinda bizzare but it has a very catchy tune!!!!
oh yea and in the beginning of the song
do the girls say "i like sausage" or something like that??!!
it sounds like it.....

Last edited by Ultima_Rasengan05; 2007-04-09 at 16:39. Reason: i like sausage??!!
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 16:38   Link #634
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
I'm pretty sure you mean heroines, unless you meant to refer to them as a non-street legal narcotic substance...
Yeah...sorry 'bout that. I got this thing about typing fast and having alot of typo errors

I almost made them drug users XD XD XD

Here's something to make up for it. Please tell me if it's posted already. It's hard to back track XD

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-09, 16:45   Link #635
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
In all fairness, a high post count does not necessarily mean something is well-recieved by all. I know quite a few people were disappointed with the first episode as it did not meet high expectations for something coming from Kyoto Animation.
I didn't say that they had to be necessarily praising comments, just comments. Just as the ones we've seen from the raw viewers.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 16:46   Link #636
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Since it is a heavily dialogue-based show, I can only imagine that the subbers will likely contribute heavily to either its success or its failure. I'm very curious to see if they plan on slipping in lots of notes about Japanese culture to aid the delivery of the jokes. I'm thinking something like that would have a significant impact on how fans recieve this show. After all, Azumanga Daioh wouldn't have been that hilarious either without my understanding of all the cultural references and sayings.
It's probably a long shot, but I would be very happy if the groups working on this could actually leave all side notes at the end of each episode; Just like it was done for some of the releases of AIR and Kamichu!

I just dont like to keep pressing the pause button just so I can read the little notes that appear at the same time as the subs.
Old 2007-04-09, 16:58   Link #637
JediNight
キズランダム

The OP is made of win and awesome! I can't stop watching it...

But yeah I think we need to wait a few episodes to see where it pans out. The humor seems more deadpan than AzuDai ... they need Tomo-chan I guess ;D Konata is like Kyon if he were a comedian heh.

I thought that there wasn't anything wrong with the animation. Yes it's obvious that this show doesn't have as large a budget as other KyoAni projects, but it also doesn't really need it. The art is clean, and matches the manga-ka's style, so I don't see a problem.

And yes: You couldn't pay me to translate this show ... going to be a big pain to convey all the puns and jokes to the viewers. Not to mention the sheer amount of dialogue is a lot. And god help us if they start using those dialects they used in the first 10 secs of the AVI lol...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 17:31   Link #638
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Episode 1 got me interested.
I wouldn't call it hooked or anything like that but it was funny and the characters were quite interesting, certainly enough to make me keep watching this show.
Old 2007-04-09, 17:34   Link #639
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Yeah...sorry 'bout that. I got this thing about typing fast and having alot of typo errors

I almost made them drug users XD XD XD

Here's something to make up for it. Please tell me if it's posted already. It's hard to back track XD

Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure you meant non-street legal narcotic substance in the vein of Loli's being like drugs the studios offer fans for a quick fix in return for "revenue enhancement" so to speak . Basically Loli's ARE drugs so the heroin versus heroine thing might be a bit of the subconcious speaking.

On another note somebody on ANN beat me to the part about the opening being a self-deprecating take on the Haruhi ending.

"In the opening sequence, the girls' dance number and the title screen itself are obviously mocking the ending sequence of the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, another title animated by Kyoto Animation."
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 17:42   Link #640
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I'm pretty sure you meant non-street legal narcotic substance in the vein of Loli's being like drugs the studios offer fans for a quick fix in return for "revenue enhancement" so to speak . Basically Loli's ARE drugs so the heroin versus heroine thing might be a bit of the subconcious speaking.
Wait...since when were people honestly denying the fact that anime is a form of drug addiction?

|A|N|I|M|E|
My Drug
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen