AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-28, 22:53   Link #1861
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
What is advisable? To have a house before marriage, or to move in with the spouse who has property? And if you move in with them, can they move in with you to a house if you get a house later on? Can they move to different houses if you get more than one house?

Looks like I'll have to spend perk points wisely. The level cap is 50, so only 50 perk points?
To have a house before marriage. You can store stuff like anywhere there's barrels and whatnot, but it's not guaranteed to be there later on, except in your house.

If you move in with your spouse, you can get them to relocate. Same with multiple houses.

Level cap is not 50. 50 is just relatively easy to get to; every level after that will be harder to obtain. The actual cap is past 80, or so.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 01:26   Link #1862
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I'm not going to be too critical on Bethesda on stuff like random NPC marriage candidates having little to no substance in their marriage requirements, but they indeed kinda threw all of it into the backburner of 'Let The Modders Handle It' dustbin.

Even for major guild storylines like the Companions where you and Aela
Spoiler:
. It had a decent foundation for a companion character quest for both backstory/romance building.

But nay, it ended up being just
Spoiler:

But in all honesty, this is a problem with pretty much all Guild questlines, with the exception of probably the Dark Brotherhood quest.
Spoiler:
, where half the story are told through the books or to be done via assumptions that stuff happened, we just never 'played' what happened.

Spoiler:

That didn't happen in my playthrough.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 04:48   Link #1863
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

If you steal in this game and aren't caught by a NPC, is there repercussions like Oblivion? I remember the gods would look down on you and you would not get healed at temples. Is there stuff like that in Skyrim? I'd like to get into stealing items, but how do you work around the repercussions?

What is a good dungeon or cave for loot? What is a good way to make money in this game without exploiting a bug or glitch? A legit way to make good money? Especially early in the game. I'm about to talk to the grey-beards. Tell me of a good way or two to make money a bit later in the game, too, not just in this early level.

I want to buy my first house. I want to buy more than one house. Just 'cause. I assume that if you own a few houses, you can relocate your spouse to whichever house you want when you want, right?

Where can you safely store items before you own a house? A place where the items won't be deleted. I looked online, and people were saying at Gerdur's house, and some said that isn't the case, and some said that Lydia will hold onto items, but I haven't checked that out yet.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2011-12-29 at 05:15.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 05:39   Link #1864
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
If you steal in this game and aren't caught by a NPC, is there repercussions like Oblivion? I remember the gods would look down on you and you would not get healed at temples. Is there stuff like that in Skyrim? I'd like to get into stealing items, but how do you work around the repercussions?
There is a very small chance that the victim would send three heavy armed thugs to attack you later. But it is not that bad and is not much different from being attacked by very powerful bandits. And if you kill the thugs then that's the end of the matter, and their equipment are good loot.
Skyrim does NOT have a morality system. It has a legal system, and a bounty system that I just described. Once in a while you would met peaceful travellers carrying valuables on the road. It is your choice if you decide to murder them and take their money. As long as you kill all witnesses no one would know.

No one, except yourself.

This is a single payer game. It is your choice to be moral or not. You are never poor enough to NEED to murder innocent people for money. So the only reason you would do it is if you want to. The choice is yours. And that's true morality; to make your own choice without some deity smacking you for it.

Quote:
What is a good dungeon or cave for loot? What is a good way to make money in this game without exploiting a bug or glitch? A legit way to make good money? Especially early in the game. I'm about to talk to the grey-beards. Tell me of a good way or two to make money a bit later in the game, too, not just in this early level.
Good loot have dangerous enemies. So no free lunch. Go to Dawnstar and visit the museum after you are level ten, and you would be lead down the quest-line to a treasure trove. As I say, be prepared for dangerous enemies.

You can make money by investing in Alchemy perks. Potions very quickly become profitable to make. Just travel from city to city and buy all their ingredients. If you want money VERY quickly, unnecessarily so, you can put perks into speech. Don't recommend it though, as eventually money would stop being an issue and you will regret the wasted perk points.

Quote:
I want to buy my first house. I want to buy more than one house. Just 'cause. I assume that if you own a few houses, you can relocate your spouse to whichever house you want when you want, right?
Yes.
Quote:
Where can you safely store items before you own a house? A place where the items won't be deleted. I looked online, and people were saying at Gerdur's house, and some said that isn't the case, and some said that Lydia will hold onto items, but I haven't checked that out yet.
Your purchased houses, all of them, are safe. Though check online to see if any house has bugs or not.

Lydia can hold items but she has a weight limit. You can bypass that by having her pick things off the floor, but items would eventually glitch and vanish so it's not recommended.

Early game storage I like: College of Winterhold, enrol as a student. Your private student room wardrobes are safe storage, but NOT anywhere else in your room.
Check the "Shacks" section of below link.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Houses

Also, if you don't mind killing in self defence, Anise's Cabin near Riverwood is the best early home. Everything except sacks and barrels are safe for storage. Assassinate her if you don't mind being evil. Or if you want to play good guy just pick the lock on her basement door. She will then attack you for finding out she is a witch. Her basement is great; Enchanting alter AND Alchemy table. The Cabin is in the middle of the map too, so I still use it regularly.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2011-12-29 at 05:50.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 05:41   Link #1865
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
No repercussions. Just steal all you want. You'll need fences to sell stolen stuff though.

Quote:
Stealing. If you have accessible fences, stealing makes decent dough.

Dungeons have levelled loots, but you should still be able to grab enough to make decent money... Just avoid the dungeons that feel like they're going to be a long one.

Even without the 'Banish' enchantment, smithing + enchanting + selling generally makes money reasonably well.

Make potions. There's a few combination of potions that are worth $$$, and aren't stupid hard ingredients.

Quote:
Who did you have help you during the Helgen part? Rolaf, or Hadvar?

If you had Hadvar help you, the Blacksmith House in Riverwood has a chest that you can store things freely. Not sure if you had Rolaf though.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 05:46   Link #1866
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Urzu 7:

a) There are no repercussions for stealing in Skyrim, only when caught, and even then you still have some wiggle room if you have good enough Speech or money, or connections (being a Thane, being in the Thieves Guild)

b) Early-game dungeon delving eh? There are several barrows around Whiterun and Riverwood that can be raided early if you're in the mood, but since the levels of the monsters AND the treasure you'll find also scales with your level, don't expect too much.

c) Yes you can buy a house in the major Holds (Whiterun, Solitude, Markarth, Riften, Windhelm), and you can have your spouse relocate to a house if you want.

d) Not sure if there IS a safe place to store stuff prior to houses. I used to place my extra junk in the barrels outside Warmaiden, but apparently Whiterun ALSO resets (once a month instead of once a week like the usual).
Old 2011-12-29, 06:21   Link #1867
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I have been mass stealing from just about anybody since the very beginning and I have noticed two bugs (dangers) in pickpocketing.

-If you are caught stealing in front of a crowd, there's a chance some NPC's will remain hostile. Even if a guard tries to arrest you and you surrender; they will continue to attack you and can even kill you if you do not speed up the dialogue with the guard.

-Guards try to kill you and never start a conversation (waves at the Riften guards ) to offer a way out of the crime.

Can't go wrong stealing from anybody inside the thieves guild or your wife, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei
d) Not sure if there IS a safe place to store stuff prior to houses. I used to place my extra junk in the barrels outside Warmaiden, but apparently Whiterun ALSO resets (once a month instead of once a week like the usual).
Same place as I.
Old 2011-12-29, 07:41   Link #1868
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

any MOD recommendation. prefer rally the one that improve gameplay instead graphic because i do not want FPS hit

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 08:10   Link #1869
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

There is no one who will take stolen goods unless you have that high speech perk?
Old 2011-12-29, 08:29   Link #1870
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
There is no one who will take stolen goods unless you have that high speech perk?
Just join the Thieves guild and you get a Fence. You also get guaranteed income by doing infinite theft missions.

Sneaking is the easiest skill to max in the game Combine with cheap lockpicks and you can make money as a thief VERY fast. Recommend Heist missions.
Old 2011-12-29, 12:08   Link #1871
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
any MOD recommendation. prefer rally the one that improve gameplay instead graphic because i do not want FPS hit
That Interface changer, makes inventory management much more easier.
Old 2011-12-30, 09:07   Link #1872
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The badass punching Viking of Skyrim is back! With an army of children.

Old 2011-12-30, 09:48   Link #1873
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

His commentary is really hilarious, you should check out his Saints Row 3 and Battlefield 3 videos as well.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 11:41   Link #1874
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

This guy who made this should be awarded a medal for voicing the thoughts of a couple million mentally-exhausted people.

Spoiler for profanity:
Old 2011-12-30, 13:34   Link #1875
Aqua Knight

I started again as heavy armor oriented conjurer who blocks attacks as a Nord, got bored of my sneaky archer.

What is better - two-handed or one-handed+shield? I play on Expert so I die pretty quickly sometimes. I think that 2-handed is stronger in terms of damage, but is shield really useful compared to 2-handed block?
Old 2011-12-30, 13:49   Link #1876
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Two Handed deals lots of damage, but still, most powerful enemies will need 10 power attacks to be taken down. I can't imagine myself playong 1HD...

Btw, just did this. SORRY! it had to be done!

Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-30, 14:20   Link #1877
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Two Handed deals lots of damage, but still, most powerful enemies will need 10 power attacks to be taken down.
Only if you don't seriously level your 2-handed skill or improve your weapon with smithing. It's pretty easy to get to the point where you can kill anything besides elder/ancient dragons and dragon priests in a single attack. I killed Alduin in 2 (with Berserker Rage up so for a non-orc it'd be 3-4).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 14:30   Link #1878
Aqua Knight

So what do you recommend to choose after all ( assuming I will also take up Smithing and Enchanting)?
I mean playing with shield is fun with all bashes but then I won't get to see awesomeness of 2handed weapons.
Also if I will use conjuration to summon, what is better to switch : 2handed or 1handed?
Old 2011-12-30, 14:52   Link #1879
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
So what do you recommend to choose after all ( assuming I will also take up Smithing and Enchanting)?
I mean playing with shield is fun with all bashes but then I won't get to see awesomeness of 2handed weapons.
Also if I will use conjuration to summon, what is better to switch : 2handed or 1handed?
All I can vouch for is that straight up 2-handed is very effective, as that's all I did. As long as you keep your armor and weapon updated you're basically invincible to anything besides high-level mages, and you still have some tools such as the Slow Time shout that make even those easily killable. You may be slightly weak starting out though - definitely stay away from those Chaurus bugs when you're still low level, they can rip you apart pretty easily early on.

The only real downside is that it isn't exactly the most exciting playstyle. Basically all you do is run up and hit stuff and stuff dies.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 15:46   Link #1880
Aqua Knight

On the second thought I think I will stick to shields because they are additional pieces of apparel
Though perks for one-handed suck compared to 2-handed attack boosters.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim