DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Spoiler for Question:
Old 2018-01-08, 18:58   Link #12222
Windsgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoMuseveni View Post
Spoiler for Question:
Rama was given the role of the Hero against Godslayers. Now that he became free the worlds asked for a hero of a different sort. (Not to slay Campiones) but other things. Devils, apparitions etc. Godou now took the role Rama would have taken after he was freed of his fate against god-slayers. (Being a Hero) While Rama became able to roam freely and help people but of a lower difficulty. i.e. not as a hero but as a good samaritan.
Old 2018-01-08, 22:58   Link #12223
bakapervert
A pervert

I'm currently at afterword part. There the author give advance notice that despite the title, it seems Godou and co won't be at the new series.
Old 2018-01-09, 00:52   Link #12224
Windsgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
I'm currently at afterword part. There the author give advance notice that despite the title, it seems Godou and co won't be at the new series.
Also its a shame that they won't be in the new series.

Last edited by Windsgrace; 2018-01-09 at 02:52.
Windsgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 03:14   Link #12225
Ultragunner

And so it ends....Campione was among the "first generation" of LN of mine when I first started reading LN (DxD is another one).

I have to say the author has a unique writing style that doesn't quite follow the shounen-troupe that many series have fallen victim to
And of course, the most detailed kissing scenes that I have ever seen/read

Looking forward to the author's new series
Old 2018-01-09, 11:48   Link #12226
AP24

Yuri and Ena are hime miko so is there any consequence for them to lose their virginity? I'm guessing purity only gives them some small boost in power.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 13:43   Link #12227
knowngni
Lover of Onee-sans

Man the author's wrap up for this series was really poorly done. I mean seriously after all he's taken us through I felt the ending was a cop-out.
knowngni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-09, 20:47   Link #12228
XFire
150% done

What?

Why would it be a cop out?
Old 2018-01-09, 21:28   Link #12229
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowngni View Post
Man the author's wrap up for this series was really poorly done. I mean seriously after all he's taken us through I felt the ending was a cop-out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
What?

While I don't know knowngni's reasoning, I suspect that he was looking for a big, climatic battle between Godou and the King of the End, with Godou being the eventual winner due to "reasons", probably his sword, or something.

Instead we get him partnering up with the King of the End and literally fighting against a personification of fate in a way that nobody else could actually do. Basically, I suspect that knowngni's feeling cheated by the "bait-and-switch" which was the final battle with the King of the End.

That said, this makes more sense in how why only Godou could fight against the Personification of Fate (seriously, Godou's been set up as being different from the other Campione's in exactly one way, the opponents he kills and takes the powers from tend to LIKE him and give him their powers WILLINGLY). It also explains why the King of the End did his job for so long despite hating and being completely tired of it. So I'd have to disagree with knowngni, this was something subtly foreshadowed for a WHILE now, if not from book 1, meaning that it shouldn't be considered a cop out.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-10, 19:05   Link #12230
wghokay

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
What?

It might also be because the pace of the last volume is much faster than the usual speed.

The last boss fight feels a little bit underwhelming and the identity of the last boss (which is usually one of the most important mysteries in every volume) ends up being not as spectacular as one might expect.

I certainly prefer if the last arc gets at least two volumes with proper buildup just like for the Demon King Civil War.

With that being said, it is still a good end to a great series, which has become rarer these days.

Campione has been a pleasant experience for me. I remembered spending hours studying different mythologies to uncover the identity of KoTE, and I was screaming at the screen when I first saw his identity being revealed in this forum.
wghokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-10, 23:33   Link #12231
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by wghokay View Post
It might also be because the pace of the last volume is much faster than the usual speed.

The last boss fight feels a little bit underwhelming and the identity of the last boss (which is usually one of the most important mysteries in every volume) ends up being not as spectacular as one might expect.

I certainly prefer if the last arc gets at least two volumes with proper buildup just like for the Demon King Civil War.

With that being said, it is still a good end to a great series, which has become rarer these days.

Campione has been a pleasant experience for me. I remembered spending hours studying different mythologies to uncover the identity of KoTE, and I was screaming at the screen when I first saw his identity being revealed in this forum.
I can tell that there was no way in hell that I could discover his identidy, for a long time I was convinced that it was Pelleus, after all those clues of a magical divine sword and the Argos.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-11, 00:20   Link #12232
wghokay

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
I can tell that there was no way in hell that I could discover his identidy, for a long time I was convinced that it was Pelleus, after all those clues of a magical divine sword and the Argos.
The sword and the Argos is a big red herring, even the author admitted that.

I think he learnt his lesson from Campione and doesn't throw as much red herring in his other series though.
wghokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-11, 00:59   Link #12233
Windsgrace

You've got to admit the author really studied mythology and how they cross over. with other cultures, religions etc. In addition to its origin. (for the most part)
I've got to say Campione introduced me into this genre. Its kind of sad to see it end.
Old 2018-01-11, 02:25   Link #12234
dragon1412

the sword and Argos are very big redherring, in the actual legend, Rama held a golden sword, not white one, Nandaka, sword of Vishnu, however, is a better choice for the white sword mentioned, as Nandaka is the sword of knowledge and wisdom, But Nandaka is wielded by Lord Krishna, not Lord Rama

The Argos is suspected to have travel to India, as the trip they carried gold back, but this is only suspicion, and the era of lord Rama and the Argos don't match so another giant redherring.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-11, 08:43   Link #12235
Charmer-lover

After seeing the ending, now i know the origin of isekai thing
It also explain why the summoned hero mostly from japan, Godou start it all and the legend shall continue
Charmer-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-11, 11:47   Link #12236
Spica

Author better writes 『Additional story – The war god once more (temp)』in the future if the old characters are not really going to be in the new series.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-12, 08:34   Link #12237
saw2097

So the spoilers were fake and Voban actually is dead. Oh well.

As for the Argo reference, that actually wasn't a red herring, when Circe refers to the bloodline of the Argo she was referring to the concept of a hero on a journey to a particular place.

The Argo was the story of a Prince going on a journey to get the golden fleece, the tale of Rama was a story of a King on a journey to rescue his wife.

It was a very vague reference but it was a clue to the concept of the story. I believe it was briefly mentioned in volume 17 when they are analyzing all the clues they had to the King of the End's identity.

As for Godou's fate, it actually makes a certain sense, some of his powers are designed for fighting evil and being a hero, just look at some of the Avatars of the Persian Warlord.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-17, 21:49   Link #12238
haseo0408

Hey guys I was wondering something, should a new thread about the new Campioness novel should be made or do we discuss it here? Itīs the same universe so I donīt see a reason to make a new thread.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-17, 22:32   Link #12239
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Hey guys I was wondering something, should a new thread about the new Campioness novel should be made or do we discuss it here? Itīs the same universe so I donīt see a reason to make a new thread.
Technically it's a different universe as explained in the story. Think of it as Campione's story occuring in Earth-1 and the new story occuring in Earth-2.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-17, 23:22   Link #12240
Windsgrace

Yeah if it come down to it we could use both....but atm I don't mind continuing to use this thread.. :3 Also I remember the name of the novel. I don't know/remember the name of the new one. Also I am too lazy to look for the name.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem