AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-07, 19:18   Link #61
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
In the novels, it was free will. So the anime is going to follow the same thing?
Unlikely since it looks like Bel Peol's chains grappling Yoshida close to death might have forced Yuji to surrender in order for the Ceremonial Snake of the Festival to merge with him.

Then Yoshida might be blamed for Yuji's fall that she might throw her life away out of guilt in order to summon Pheles.
Old 2008-02-07, 19:29   Link #62
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
Unlikely since it looks like Bel Peol's chains grappling Yoshida close to death might have forced Yuji to surrender in order for the Ceremonial Snake of the Festival to merge with him.

Then Yoshida might be blamed for Yuji's fall that she might throw her life away out of guilt in order to summon Pheles.
But the merging doesn't work that way. As Bal Masqué thought that Snake of the Festival was going to use Sliver as a body.

Don't use the OP to judge how events are doing to happen
Old 2008-02-07, 19:33   Link #63
DeotoxSlayer

Listen to Sterling she/he(I don't know your gender) Is a novel reader.

Also The kind of merger, that Sairei no Hebi, and Yjui have, and the type that Yuji, and Hecte have are different. Hecate was just taking his memories. Sairei no Hebi need to inhabit, and control Yuji's body(or at least that was what was intended, but Sairei no hebi let Yuji keep control of his body, and he let Yuji have his powers.)
Old 2008-02-07, 19:34   Link #64
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
But the merging doesn't work that way. As Bal Masqué thought that Snake of the Festival was going to use Sliver as a body.

Don't use the OP to judge how events are doing to happen
Merging relies a lot on free will but it also can be done with the person in a comatose state since there's no resistence.

Unless J.C. rushes this, it's likely that the OP is valid enough.
Old 2008-02-07, 19:37   Link #65
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Merging relies a lot on free will but it also can be done with the person in a comatose state since there's no resistence.

Unless J.C. rushes this, it's likely that the OP is valid enough.
You don't even know the situation behind Yoshida being in chains. It could just be in there, and never actually happen, the hade the Ike Kazumi confession in the first OP, and it never happened, and in SnS 1 they had Syadonay and Shana fighting, but that never happened either.
Old 2008-02-07, 19:44   Link #66
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I'm a He

Quote:
I don't even get the point your trying to make
Old 2008-02-07, 19:51   Link #67
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
I'm a He

I don't even get the point your trying to make
Okay your a guy sorry bout that it's hard to tell since were talking over forums, and all, though now i'm completly sur your a guy because I checked your profile, and it said "Rosario + Vampire (Fuck Yeah, Tits!!)" in your Currently watching list.

Also for DX HBK there would be no real point in trapping Kazumi, and forcing Yuji to merg with Sairei no Hebi because after their merger Yuji is still in control of their body, the only difference is that he turns in to a Guze no Ou, he has all of Sairei no Hebi's powers, he has a extremely huge amount of PoE, and he's the most powerful guze no Ou on earth

Also in the novel Yuji wants to merge with Sairei no hebi, because he agree's with Sairei no hebi's plans, and ideals, and wants to bring them about because they benifit him, Shana, and the rest of the world. well that is if his plans work, if they fail then the earth goes poof.
Old 2008-02-07, 20:21   Link #68
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
Also for DX HBK there would be no real point in trapping Kazumi, and forcing Yuji to merg with Sairei no Hebi because after their merger Yuji is still in control of their body, the only difference is that he turns in to a Guze no Ou, he has all of Sairei no Hebi's powers, he has a extremely huge amount of PoE, and he's the most powerful guze no Ou on earth

Also in the novel Yuji wants to merge with Sairei no hebi, because he agree's with Sairei no hebi's plans, and ideals, and wants to bring them about because they benifit him, Shana, and the rest of the world. well that is if his plans work, if they fail then the earth goes poof.
I guess so.

I just thought that Yuji might have a weakness in not wanting others to die on the decisions he makes, especially on the depicted hostage scene involving Yoshida in the OP. But if it aint gonna happen, oh well.

Oh well, it was just my shot in the dark on speculating.

Anyways, I have a question: So far, there have been multiple Guze no Ou that look human but are those their actual forms or are they just taking whatever form they like?
Old 2008-02-07, 21:18   Link #69
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
I guess so.

I just thought that Yuji might have a weakness in not wanting others to die on the decisions he makes, especially on the depicted hostage scene involving Yoshida in the OP. But if it aint gonna happen, oh well.

Oh well, it was just my shot in the dark on speculating.

Anyways, I have a question: So far, there have been multiple Guze no Ou that look human but are those their actual forms or are they just taking whatever form they like?
It's just a form they take, the form is based off a human that they've seen before, and they can change their forms at anytime.
Old 2008-02-07, 23:21   Link #70
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
It's just a form they take, the form is based off a human that they've seen before, and they can change their forms at anytime.
Even their genders?
Old 2008-02-07, 23:25   Link #71
CoffinWeaverAzis

Quote:
Even their genders?
indeed, laimes was a young girl during the time when mathilde was alive but is now an old man in the current time in the series
Old 2008-02-07, 23:44   Link #72
cnnydz
Feed me

no, they can't chose genders. tomogaras capable of giving birth to new ones will be females. the old man is not the actual lamies, it is the torch lamies residues in (like a shell), she is still a she.
Old 2008-02-08, 19:57   Link #73
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Stuff from Newtype

Spoiler for Newtype Summaries and titles:

21's title is rather... interesting.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2008-02-08 at 20:35.
Old 2008-02-08, 20:28   Link #74
cnnydz
Feed me

ok, i get it now,

18:yuji learns how to use fireballs with margery
19:zarovee and bifrons attacks and defeated, sabrac appears
20:fight with sabrac, the flame hazes are heavily wounded
21:they manage to defeat sabrac, but it was too late for yuji. the spell is activated and....

this finishes vol14
now that leaves 3 more episodes..... interesting
Old 2008-02-08, 20:55   Link #75
billbrown
Failing Silent Assassin

Quote:

Also The kind of merger, that Sairei no Hebi, and Yjui have, and the type that Yuji, and Hecte have are different. Hecate was just taking his memories. Sairei no Hebi need to inhabit, and control Yuji's body(or at least that was what was intended, but Sairei no hebi let Yuji keep control of his body, and he let Yuji have his powers.)
As a side note you should work on your use of commas. There are too many of them.. your sentences are fine for the most part but you're breaking them up with too many pauses(the commas). For instance that first sentence in your second paragraph could be said without a single comma. Here's a copy of your second paragraph with just commas removed.

"Also The kind of merger that Sairei no Hebi and Yjui have and the type that Yuji and Hecte have are different. Hecate was just taking his memories. Sairei no Hebi need to inhabit and control Yuji's body(or at least that was what was intended, but Sairei no hebi let Yuji keep control of his body and he let Yuji have his powers."

The cut down from seven to one comma makes the paragraph faster and smoother to read. Not trying to pick on you or anything just trying to make your posts easier to read in future consideration.

Anyway, back on topic cnnydz is that your speculation or is that what the summaries tell us? Seems like the pace will be speeding up again.
Old 2008-02-08, 21:20   Link #76
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrown View Post
Anyway, back on topic cnnydz is that your speculation or is that what the summaries tell us? Seems like the pace will be speeding up again.
Speculation, I believe.
cnnydz has read the novels though. But there is no 100% that the anime will completely follow the novel.

The summaries do not say that much.

In the episode thread, I translated what ep18's summary said. It mentioned training with Margery, but that's it.
But episode 19's summary does mention Yuuji fighting Zarovee, because Yuuji realized Zarovee's small existence and thought he could take Zarovee on by himself.
Nothing for 20 and 21.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-02-08, 22:07   Link #77
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

What did Novel 15 talk about anyways?
Old 2008-02-08, 22:35   Link #78
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
What did Novel 15 talk about anyways?
All I know about it is that it's a flashback, on a group of Flame Haze, and Guze no Ou, and that the events in Novel 15 will have something important to do with the upcoming Struggle with Sairei no Hebi.

As for how it's connected, and why I really have no clue. We'll have to ask Cnnydz'll have to explaint hat. Actually I'm glad you brought it up becuase i was wondering about it too.

EDIT: Serenade Beta, although it's probably his speculation it makes sense, Zarovee was defeated quickly, and easily by Yuji. Then Bifrons came right after, and was also defeated fairly quickly. Then right after that Sabrac showed up. I think Cnnydz's speculation holds some grounds, though Yuji might merge with Sairei no Hebi right at the end of Episode 21.
Old 2008-02-10, 20:10   Link #79
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

If Cnnydz's speculation is true. I think they might be able to do Vol 16.

As if Shana II is 24 episodes that would leave an episode for each chapter of Vol 16
Old 2008-02-10, 22:46   Link #80
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
If Cnnydz's speculation is true. I think they might be able to do Vol 16.

As if Shana II is 24 episodes that would leave an episode for each chapter of Vol 16
That'd be nice, though who knows they may show something else in the 3 remaning episodesthey did miss the flashback on the Alastor's previous contractors...though that'd be hard to do.

Also Sterling welcome back...What did you get banned for???
Closed Thread