AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Penguin Drum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-27, 10:20   Link #41
Grim_Reaper

Trailers on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYWTSH_r09Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HkJkUruGR8
Old 2011-05-27, 10:36   Link #42
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Looks like the 2nd trailer confirms Brains Base is doing the animation, and Lily Hoshino is doing the original character designs. Do we have any inkling what the plot will be about?
Old 2011-05-27, 11:58   Link #43
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Translation of CM1:

"Ever since then, we haven't had a "future", and only "who we couldn't be" was clear. The world had left us behind. But, for you, fate will change."

Translation CM2:

"Fate will not change, that is a certainty. We couldn't do such things as "choosing" there."

"Isn't it like an existence of transparency? Even I can't see you. That punishment shows all."

It sounds like a fantasy adventure series (as expected of Ikuhara). The presence of a male protag makes me think this will be more traditional romance than yuri though (which I'll be thankful for if it's true). In any case, I guess this goes with Blood-C and Sacred Seven as being the big titles of Summer season (kind of odd to have such heavy hitters in a minor season though). Hopefully Brains Base bring their A-game with production values and contract some good key animators and art directors.

Last edited by Suzuku; 2011-05-27 at 12:22.
Old 2011-05-27, 12:56   Link #44
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Translation of CM1:

"Ever since then, we haven't had a "future", and only "who we couldn't be" was clear. The world had left us behind. But, for you, fate will change."

Translation CM2:

"Fate will not change, that is a certainty. We couldn't do such things as "choosing" there."

"Isn't it like an existence of transparency? Even I can't see you. That punishment shows all."

It sounds like a fantasy adventure series (as expected of Ikuhara). The presence of a male protag makes me think this will be more traditional romance than yuri though (which I'll be thankful for if it's true). In any case, I guess this goes with Blood-C and Sacred Seven as being the big titles of Summer season (kind of odd to have such heavy hitters in a minor season though). Hopefully Brains Base bring their A-game with production values and contract some good key animators and art directors.
Aren't we forgetting something?
Old 2011-05-27, 13:18   Link #45
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Oh right, Berserk is going back on hiatus.
Quote:
Brains Base is already doing two shows in the summer though...plus the majority of that staff aren't Brains Base regulars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Looks like the 2nd trailer confirms Brains Base is doing the animation
:P

Thanks for the translation btw
Quote:
(kind of odd to have such heavy hitters in a minor season though).
I don't know, I mean sure they are big titles, but how do they compare (in number) to Spring or the upcoming Fall?

I think its more of a case of 2011 being more of a come-back year for anime in general, and more and more high profile titles are being spread out throughout the year so that we don't end up with all of them clashing with each other (I mean Fall should have Shana III, Fate/Zero, new Code Geass, Persona 4, Mirai Nikki etc. plus all the movies) there wouldn't be much room with one series cutting into the others spotlight.
Quote:
Hopefully Brains Base bring their A-game with production values and contract some good key animators and art directors.
I don't doubt that this will be given the A treatment considering that this is the first Ikuhara series in 15 years, so it's going to attract much attention as it is.
Old 2011-05-27, 17:12   Link #46
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Do we have pictures of the characters yet?
Old 2011-05-27, 17:46   Link #47
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

No .
Old 2011-05-28, 00:46   Link #48
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

For me, the story will be a love story between ice-based alchemist and kendoka schoolgirl, no ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-06-02, 13:37   Link #49
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Any update on the character design, story and staff today on the new PV ?
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-06-02, 14:44   Link #50
Grim_Reaper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv1K8RKtTGY
The third trailer. Now it finally looks shoujo-like! :3
And the website was updated:
http://penguindrum.jp/
Can't say it became more informative though
UPD: It looks like the site got new skins, it wasn't fully updated.
Old 2011-06-02, 15:07   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks for the translation Suzuku, though this is Ikuhara, so we can't say anything until we see a story summary, and even then we shouldn't fully accept it.
Old 2011-06-02, 16:29   Link #52
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Do we have pictures of the characters yet?
I found out the most recent webcast show showed glimpses of the character designs, but the camera didn't zoom in on them. Maybe someone can dig it up?
Old 2011-06-02, 17:33   Link #53
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Well at first I was just wondering if we're dealing with humans or penguins. Looks like they are human MC after all. XD
Old 2011-06-03, 09:30   Link #54
shishio

Maybe the male protagonist will do gender change therefore = yuri....and the penguin are actually robot penguin to be used to fight against invaders from other worlds therefore = fight against fate?
Old 2011-06-03, 09:37   Link #55
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Since the anime is a action title, it centers about two brothers and one sister living on the same family but one of the brothers is actually a ennemy.
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-06-03, 13:46   Link #56
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

The Illustration?

http://twitpic.com/560hk5/full
Old 2011-06-08, 00:55   Link #57
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I can't add much, but this report quotes Ikehata as saying the show will seem like a Saturday morning cartoon, but with poison in it.

The report also says that there will be 20-second clips from the anime after every episode of Dororon Enma-kun, whose time-slot this show will take over in July. There is a little clip after ep9, but it's just the same as in the third trailer.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2011-06-08, 01:23   Link #58
AleX_MytH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I can't add much, but this report quotes Ikehata as saying the show will seem like a Saturday morning cartoon, but with poison in it.
Oh, it reminds me of Gurren Lagann! I hope that this show will be as epic as TTGL.
Old 2011-06-08, 13:16   Link #59
Grim_Reaper

Quote:
The report also says that there will be 20-second clips from the anime after every episode of Dororon Enma-kun, whose time-slot this show will take over in July. There is a little clip after ep9, but it's just the same as in the third trailer.
All the trailers are just clips from Dororon episodes
Old 2011-06-09, 03:29   Link #60
duckroll
綺羅星★!

First look at the character designs:

Spoiler for Newtype:
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, ikuhara, penguin, stalking, supernatural, surrealism