AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-16, 21:06   Link #11121
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
That heroine poll news pleases me because Kujira is my favorite character in this entire comic. Yes, even more than him.

When I saw Medaka's "foolish question" comment, I had desperately hoped that the backwards-age style affected her personality. But I knew that only their bodies were changed and my hoped were themselves foolish. I don't like what she said, in other words.

What does kujira have to do with that ?
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 21:10   Link #11122
Lupus753

^She's my favorite character, so I'm glad she got into fourth place. I don't understand the question.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 21:25   Link #11123
kenjtr

Quote:
^She's my favorite character, so I'm glad she got into fourth place. I don't understand the question.
I thought you were talking about a character analise that kujira made about medaka .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 23:09   Link #11124
17Sevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
You know, seeing as all of the suitors are all mirrors of the fetishes that every shadow suitor had, it really makes me wonder what the heck Kakegae's ability does. I mean all we have to go on is panties?
Not so! It may also have something to do with bread!
17Sevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 23:12   Link #11125
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Yeouch! Joutou is truly a dangerous, and formidable seeming opponent. The last panel really highlighted the omniousity of the entire situation. I wonder, did Momozono used Joutou's powers to appear younger?

It has now become obvious what Ninemani meant when she claimed to be the weakest suitor. Compared to Momozono or Joutou's utterly broken Skills.... wow.
Broken skills tend to have silly weakness. I am not surprised if Medaka can win this by exploit the silly mistake like closing her ear and etc.

Again, why is hime-suitor so cute? Although I can't shake the feeling that she was a used good because she is servant of Professor Sicko.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 23:23   Link #11126
Lupus753

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Broken skills tend to have silly weakness ... Medaka.
Well, she did (though not exactly a silly weakness), but then it turned out she didn't. Funny how these things turn out.
Old 2012-11-16, 23:32   Link #11127
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Well, she did (though not exactly a silly weakness), but then it turned out she didn't. Funny how these things turn out.
Well, Medaka is the main character. Big difference.

Perhaps I should worded myself more clearer, most antagonist's broken skills tend to have silly weakness.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 23:51   Link #11128
DawnEmperor

@Lupus753 You like Kujira more than "him"? I'm guessing that's Kumagawa?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 23:53   Link #11129
Lupus753

^

...Yes.
Old 2012-11-17, 00:02   Link #11130
DawnEmperor

What, I thought everyone loved Deadpool with Screws! Well, except me...
Old 2012-11-17, 08:04   Link #11131
Wolfenstein

Quote:
^
...Yes.
Lol, such hesitation.

Don't get me wrong, though. I understand you. Even though I am a Kumagawa fan, and he is probably my favorite character, a little too many people worship him more than a little zealously.
Old 2012-11-17, 10:50   Link #11132
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Lol, such hesitation.

Don't get me wrong, though. I understand you. Even though I am a Kumagawa fan, and he is probably my favorite character, a little too many people worship him more than a little zealously.
Kumagawa is even more central to Medaka Box's Meta-Parodic take on Shounen, then any other character to begin with. If this manga had been about Kumagawa, the Shounen Hero in a Seinen world who always looses, this would be on top of the charts, I think.

Then again, I see Naze as an eerie mirror of a possible fate of Medaka's had Zenkichi not been around. In many ways, Zenkichi IS Medaka's leash and morality chain. Sadly, that makes both of them boring. But perhaps, from an in story point of view,we should be glad of that. Better a benevolent Medaka then Darth Medaka.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 12:16   Link #11133
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Kumagawa is even more central to Medaka Box's Meta-Parodic take on Shounen, then any other character to begin with. If this manga had been about Kumagawa, the Shounen Hero in a Seinen world who always looses, this would be on top of the charts, I think.
Sorta reflects what I talked about.

I mean, don't misunderstand, he's a great character. But, fuck me, he dosen't make or break the manga. Even though I do know people that complain every single time he's not on panel. Kinda what I meant. I love the guy, but I feel as other people love him a little too much.

There are other characters out there.

Quote:
Sadly, that makes both of them boring.Sadly, that makes both of them boring.
Yeah, no. I'd have to disagree with half of that.

Zenkichi is not only a certified Boss, he's one of the most interesting characters in this manga. Even an entire arc dedicated to him didn't seem enough to analyze his character, to me. Just like I feel the Minus arc isn't quite enough for Kumagawa.

But you're right about Medaka. Even though, she's sorta build to be like that. Even her kid self looks bored with the current situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart
I don't really notice those parts so I'm impressed you catch them so easily xD you've got a good eye~

I guess I've just gotten too used to Medaka's condescending speeches lol
Thanks, Lol!
Old 2012-11-17, 14:12   Link #11134
DawnEmperor

Kumagawa is a potentially interesting archetype to analyze, but he's one character. There's many archetypes that are represented and while there are instances when I'd want a character to get focused on, ideally I'd want each character to be fleshed out.
Old 2012-11-17, 14:59   Link #11135
Wolfenstein

While I feel as though some characters need to overshadow others at times, Nishio is pretty good at fleshing-out a decent number of them.

I mean, he did give decent spot-lights to amazing characters like Kei, Emukae, Naze and now Shiranui.
Old 2012-11-17, 17:04   Link #11136
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Medaka is a black hole sue, the universe revolves around her whether we like it or not.....
Old 2012-11-17, 17:10   Link #11137
Lupus753

^ Well, she does have a black hole inside her, if Oudo is anything to go by.
Old 2012-11-17, 17:20   Link #11138
Wolfenstein

Coincidentally enough, Shiranui has casually discussed with Zenkichi the concept of devouring a Black-Hole while deciding what to get for an evening snack.

Sounds legit.
Old 2012-11-17, 19:52   Link #11139
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post

Yeah, no. I'd have to disagree with half of that.

Zenkichi is not only a certified Boss, he's one of the most interesting characters in this manga. Even an entire arc dedicated to him didn't seem enough to analyze his character, to me. Just like I feel the Minus arc isn't quite enough for Kumagawa.

But you're right about Medaka. Even though, she's sorta build to be like that. Even her kid self looks bored with the current situation.

I was referring to the fact that Zenkichi is more interesting apart from Medaka than with Medaka. It's Medaka that makes Zenkichi boring, not Zenkichi being boring in himself.

So, yes, I'd agree with you that Zen is potentially interesting, but Zen is only interesting apart from Medaka. Which is why I feel that Zen comes to life whenever he is apart from Medaka.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 20:01   Link #11140
Wolfenstein

Oh. I see.

Yeah, I agree completely with you then.

Without a doubt, Medaka does bring out some of the worst his character has to offer.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council