AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles 3 OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 3 37.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 37.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-23, 19:51   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Valkyria Chronicles 3 OVA - Episode 2 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Valkyria Chronicles 3 OVA, Episode 2.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-06-21, 10:17   Link #2
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So i finally watched the 2nd OVA.

Spoiler for VC3 OVA2:

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2012-07-30 at 04:20.
Old 2012-07-30, 01:33   Link #3
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

is this subbed yet? its been out for months already
Old 2012-08-10, 04:34   Link #4
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Loved it loved it loved it, and goddamn you sega for not bringing vciii to usa when we had crappy vcii
Old 2012-09-05, 18:41   Link #5
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
@Om

- There is. IIRC, a group named RHT handled the subbing.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2013-02-24, 18:50   Link #6
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I had to re-watch the first OVA, because it'd been so long that I'd forgotten the story.

Granny, with her physics-defying curve ball...er rocket stole the show.

Also, I'm going to be the voice of dissent and say I didn't think much of the actual games. I thought the original anime had far more story/characterization than the game it was based on. I actually found the game rather bland, and am not all that surprised it didn't do well. VC II had a far worse story, though much more characterization. Can't say anything about VC III, though I'm enjoying the story shown in the OVA.

It's pretty rare where I'd recommend an anime over the game franchise it's based on, but this is one of those cases.
Also, cake.
Old 2013-03-17, 04:07   Link #7
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Finally got around to watching the second episode- love it as much as the first All action and very little detracting from it.

For better or worse, they seem to have gotten a lot of the character development and relationship building out of the way. On one hand that makes them an overall effective fighting unit without being hold back by petty drama. On the other hand, we don't really understand much about the characters without seeing how they tick.

But I guess that would be a concern for a full Anime, as an OVA I prefer if they keep it to the good parts
Old 2013-03-21, 14:22   Link #8
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

No valkyria 3 general thread? Bummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Finally got around to watching the second episode- love it as much as the first All action and very little detracting from it.

For better or worse, they seem to have gotten a lot of the character development and relationship building out of the way. On one hand that makes them an overall effective fighting unit without being hold back by petty drama. On the other hand, we don't really understand much about the characters without seeing how they tick.

But I guess that would be a concern for a full Anime, as an OVA I prefer if they keep it to the good parts
Art by Raita (Mahou Shoujo ?) and Udon (Monster Hunter DJs). VC3 is probably the last in the VC series. Apparently SEGA is going bankrupt or going in debt. (Very old news) They lost a few billion in yen? (citation needed all I can remember is its a lot). VC didn't do really well in the NA market. Meaning we would never see a portover. And I can't really complain them either. It'd cost way too much money in the end it comes down to money.

I would of preferred a Anime though for VC3. The OVA just takes you in the middle of the action so most people would be confused. You'd need background knowledge of the game to understand the ova or you'd be going. Hey wait, didn't Maximilian die in one? You can look for walkthroughs on youtube not sure if anyone made one with subs though. My personal opinion was VC3 had the best character designs. Maybe because each character had to be unique or I'm just biased towards the two new heroines. VC2 wasn't as memorable lmao. The only one I liked and really remembered was her

If I can remember correctly the main character had two love options to choose from. He could either choose the Valkyrie or the commando chick with shotgun/bayonet hybrid weapon.

Valkyria isn't really popular enough to garner a license for the west. Game Dev is expensive and takes a lot of time and man power. You need to hire people to hack the game. And than if you want the original audio you'd need to get a license for that. Pay the VAs individually as well pay the company that they work for. This is just the tip of the iceberg. This is the reason why we rarely see games with the original audio. In the end its just cheaper to hire a bunch of second rate actors for voiceovers.

Valkyria timeline. Valkyria One (Valkyria Three is in within one's timeline) => Valkyria Two. Valkyria's story isn't done. But whether or not it'll see the light of day it up to sega. SEGA STOP SCREWING UP.