Notices

Old 2007-03-13, 09:41   Link #121
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
OFF-TOPICNESS, guys. This is a Q&A.

So, I've got a question of my own. What major anime magazines has respectable amount of Code Geass informations, and the ratios of each as in which magazine has the most in terms of interview, random world stuff compared to other magazines?
Not sure about the ratios, but the three major magazines throwing out spoilers and competing with each other to become the #1 source of groundbreaking info/interviews are:

- Animedia
- Animage
- Newtype
---- Note: they often release booklets or specials.

Then there are smaller ones like:

- Code Geass official eMagazine
- Pash!
- Asuka (which also publishes the CG-LotR manga)
- Megami Magazine (considered slightly unreliable because of guesswork and interpretation of already known data)
- Comp Ace (which also publishes the CG-Nunnally's Nightmare manga)

Other spoiler sources include:

- anime.goo.ne.jp
- weekly TV guides, both printed and online (yeah, I'm being very vague, here)

Unofficial spoiler sources/anonymous staff members on 2chan:

- username: Pubes (has recently resurfaced after a long moment of silence)
- username: Fake Okouchi (usually shows up an hour or two before each CG episode airs, for a Q&A session with 2chan users)
---- Note: both have proven to be extremely reliable.

Hope this helped. That's about all I know.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-03-13 at 09:52.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 06:06   Link #122
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Does Kaguya know Zero is Lelouche?

Facts:
Zero did not out himself in front of Kaguya
Zero outed himself in front of the old man from Kyoto
Kaguya is the (spiritual?) leader of Kyoto.
Old 2007-03-17, 07:16   Link #123
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Newtype Romance, a spin-off magazine of Newtype for girls, also has Code Geass information every month.

@Renegade
As for fake Okoucuhi and pubic hair, those are not their username.
Those are their nicknames by others on the thread.
Their handle name is composed of random 2ch encrypted letters.
◆U/qwU.yqHY and ◆y1ANO80z6E, respectively.

Let me add that ◆y1ANO80z6E does NOT prefer to be called Pubes or pubic hair.
Some people are ignoring his protest and calling him that, being an anonymous forum and all.
Old 2007-03-18, 03:52   Link #124
saner

When will the 2nd season start?
saner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 06:34   Link #125
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
No one knows yet, but definitely not this spring or summer.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 06:52   Link #126
saner

What a pity. Why not this spring or summer?
saner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 07:15   Link #127
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
another series will be aired
quina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 07:53   Link #128
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Some say it'll be in September but there's no official confirmation of this. One earlier rumor stated that Code Geass would run for two TV seasons (25/26 eps long), go off the airwaves for two TV seasons' time (in which another series would step in for 26 eps) and then come back for two final seasons (25/26 eps).

Like this:
1. CG S1 (25 eps)
2. Other series (26 eps)
3. CG S2 (25 eps)

But since it was someone who claimed to be a MBS/Sunrise staff, we can only take it with a huge dump of salt...there is no way we can verify this and I know better than trust hearsays...especially when they come from blogs. (meaning: 75% chances of being unreliable)
Old 2007-03-24, 14:25   Link #129
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by saner View Post
What a pity. Why not this spring or summer?
This is a bit late in replying, but I'll go ahead and reply to this.

No one is really sure as to why Code Geass got split up this way. However, when MBS/TBS started airing both Code Geass and Ayakashi Ayashi in the Fall 2006 season, Code Geass was slated to be 25 episodes, while Ayakashi Ayashi was meant to go to the 50-episode range, like its doroku predecessors. So one could argue that Code Geass was originally meant to be only two seasons long, but because of its popularity, it got doubled in episode count. But because another series was slated to take over that timeslot in Spring (Darker Than BLACK), there was no choice but to put Code Geass' remaining two seasons for next Fall.

There is another reason why Code Geass might've have gotten split up this way as well. I remember a poster in the Ayakashi Ayashi thread saying that there was something about Eureka 7 possibly being created to make a new popular anime timeslot on MBS/TBS. They could be trying to do the same thing with Code Geass. After all, Code Geass has a similar setup and feel to the past MBS/TBS Saturday 6pm (doroku) shows (the OP/ED change every 13 episodes, the fact that it's an original production by MBS and Sunrise, etc.) However, because of Blood+ being a failure on the network in the previous year (2005), MBS/TBS might be just experimenting with certain series. In other words, they go by "let's give this 25 episodes and see if it becomes popular. If it does, we'll give it the usual 50-episode treatment that we usually give to our anime shows." This would make sense since their most recent anime haven't particularly done well in the ratings department (Eureka 7, Blood+, Ayakashi Ayashi).

Well, this is my take on the whole thing on MBS/TBS and the shows they've aired. I could be wrong, but they are logical explanations to what may be going on in regards to that particular Japanese broadcaster and Code Geass.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 18:37   Link #130
zalem

Originally Code Geass was supposed to be in the evening timeslot, then it was switched to the late night. I really am curious why that happened, but in the end I'm extremely grateful because the series wouldn't be this good had it remained in that time slot. Still it sucks that because there's another anime slated for this late night slot in the spring and summer that we must wait til the fall for CG....
Old 2007-03-25, 03:32   Link #131
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Still it sucks that because there's another anime slated for this late night slot in the spring and summer that we must wait til the fall for CG....
A series that's supposed to be "Darker than Black" - so if you want a rough estimate of when CG will most likely come back to life, then check the website and other anime information outlets to know the series' speculated/projected length. CG-S2 should be back at the other end.
Old 2007-03-25, 09:25   Link #132
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Originally Code Geass was supposed to be in the evening timeslot, then it was switched to the late night. I really am curious why that happened,
Who knows... MBS/TBS really did some awkward things in regards to anime this season, particularly Ayakashi Ayashi (which is more suitable for late night than primetime) and the whole year-long (50+ episode count) strategy. Code Geass, despite being a Sunrise and a MBS series, was given only 25 episodes to begin with, instead of the usual 50 that's expected of a MBS show. I guess this (and AA) shows that MBS are taking different steps to help step up the ratings, as their previous animes didn't really do all that well.

Anyways, since this is a Q & A thread, I will stop there and ask a question.

The networks that air the earliest Code Geass episodes (MBS/TBS) are replacing the show with Darker Than BLACK after the 23rd episode is revealed. However, according to another forum, other places and networks, such as BIGLOBE and Animax, will air the 24th and 25th episodes. What I would like to know are two things:

1) What is the earliest date for when the 24th and 25th episodes of Code Geass will air?

2) Do you believe that there will be a RAW of these episodes provided by RAW Providers (e.g. Saiyaman)? Yeah, it may be a stupid question, but I don't know how RAWs are created in the first place, so I must ask.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 11:09   Link #133
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinyblade View Post
Who knows... MBS/TBS really did some awkward things in regards to anime this season, particularly Ayakashi Ayashi (which is more suitable for late night than primetime) and the whole year-long (50+ episode count) strategy.
I can guarantee you that even late night, Ayakashi would not have gotten 52 episode 1 year slot. And to have it on prime time was simply suicide. I don't know what they were thinking. Someone somehow convinced the sponcers and high-ups in MBS to do it, I guess.

The most reasonable thing to do, if they wanted 4 seasons of that, was to do what Code Geass is doing... do 2 seasons, see if it does well, then do the rest. Much like Black Lagoon did with their 2 seasons.
I have no idea who thought it would be marketable in primetime 1 year slot... many people saw it as doomed right from the start.
Old 2007-03-25, 16:49   Link #134
malaujai

A couple of questions about CG...

So apparently, the next season is supposed to be called CG: Suzaku of the Counterattack, right? I haven't read the manga, but I have read that both, Suzaku of the Counterattack and Lelouche of the Rebellion follow the same plot line, but from different perpsectives...

So my question is, is the second season supposed to be a continuation of the first from Suzaku's perspective, or will it just continue as is?

Also, it won't be just season 1 repeated in the perspective of Suzaku right?

Bottom Line: What will S2 be about?
malaujai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 16:53   Link #135
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaujai View Post

So apparently, the next season is supposed to be called CG: Suzaku of the Counterattack, right? I haven't read the manga, but I have read that both, Suzaku of the Counterattack and Lelouche of the Rebellion follow the same plot line, but from different perpsectives...

So my question is, is the second season supposed to be a continuation of the first from Suzaku's perspective, or will it just continue as is?

Nope.

There has been no announcement or spoiler on what the next series title is.
It may not even be decided yet.
The title you're thinking of is the title of the new CG manga series that started in Feburary issue of BeansA,
following the events of CG from Suzaku's point of view, and is totally diffrent from the anime series.

It has nothing to do with the second anime series.
Old 2007-03-25, 16:53   Link #136
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaujai View Post

there's been no spoilers to suggest that.

and the SotC manga doesn't follow the same storyline as the anime. Suzaku dresses up in a lancelot costume instead of piloting a knightmare in fact (you can catch the 'lancelotman' costume in the anime in episode 21.) and many, many events have been changed.

and FO/2ch spoiler guy wouldn't actually answer the question "Should we consider the S2 as "third season" of Code Geass instead of another series?", but everybody I guess assumes it'll be some sort of continuation of the storyline.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 08:23   Link #137
ccardoso
Banned

Is this girl CC?
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 10:39   Link #138
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
Is this girl CC?
while by no means confirmed, the sequence in episode 11 certainly seems to suggest that.
Old 2007-03-26, 11:07   Link #139
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccardoso View Post
Is this girl CC?
Probably not, just because her eyes don't match C.C.'s eyes.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 11:12   Link #140
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Probably not, just because her eyes don't match C.C.'s eyes.
you'd be amazed what various types of blending can do to colors. 0_o

those eyes could very well have been yellow at some point.

Tags
q&a