AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-08, 05:41   Link #1281
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Yeah, not the a capella part, I know that, but about how he EXPLAINED what a capella was. XD
Old 2010-02-08, 08:54   Link #1282
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Khu was responding to ultimatemegax's wordy definition for the term, you know.
Don't be too hard on him. I was about to post something similar before I read it again and realized that Khu was talking about the wordy definition. ^_^

Still no excuse for the original questioner, as it's much easier to just Google "a capella" (the Wikipedia page is the first result) than it is to post a question and have to wait for an answer while pretty much the entire rest of the forum is either frozen in astonishment that she doesn't understand such a simple term or Googling "a capella"... ^_^
Old 2010-02-08, 12:48   Link #1283
Animexcel

It would be so awesome if the movie's theme song was like this
Old 2010-02-08, 18:11   Link #1284
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Why is AnimeLyrics so slow? Thelastcharacter songs came out around 2 months ago, and only 1 of 6 have been translated, whereas Koizumi's songs lyricswere put out, like, 3 days after release? Hm. Well.
Still glad we got Koizumi's as fast as we did ^_^.
Random: Wasn't Sweet Oblivion's lyrics made by the original author of Haruhi? Does anyone have those lyrics?
Prolly not..
Old 2010-02-08, 18:31   Link #1285
User89254
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Why is AnimeLyrics so slow? Thelastcharacter songs came out around 2 months ago, and only 1 of 6 have been translated, whereas Koizumi's songs lyricswere put out, like, 3 days after release? Hm. Well.
Random: Wasn't Sweet Oblivion's lyrics made by the original author of Haruhi? Does anyone have those lyrics?
Prolly not..
Half the Lucky Star songs haven't been translated. As well as K-On!.

If Tanigawa wrote Sweet Oblivion's lyrics I'll cry.
Old 2010-02-08, 18:37   Link #1286
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
Half the Lucky Star songs haven't been translated. As well as K-On!.

If Tanigawa wrote Sweet Oblivion's lyrics I'll cry.
Please prepare your tissues. The original lyrics were written by Tanigawa, but finished into a song by the usual lyricist for the series: Hata-san

Edit for some news:
The website mkara is offering a campaign to give away ten-twenty sets of figures. Well, the reason I'm putting it in this thread is that somehow they are offering downloads of 26 karaoke versions of songs from the series. I'm not quite sure if all of the songs on the Kioku CD have karaokes, but they and God knows...., Lost my music, and Koi no Mikuru Densetsu will be getting a karaoke version. Would be nice to hear the karaoke versions someday.

vvv I'm sorry, but not it is not. It's the OPs, EDs, insert songs, all 4 Haruhi character songs, all Yuki's except SELECT, Mikuru's Revenge, Koizumi's Maggare and Tsumara nai Hanashi desu yo", Kyon's Kentai Life, Haruhi-chan OP and ED, Welcome Unknown, Saikou Pare Parade, and 4 other Haruhi-Mikuru-Yuki songs.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-02-08 at 18:51.
Old 2010-02-08, 18:45   Link #1287
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Instead of ones with the background vocalists still in there...
Is First Good-Bye getting one?
Old 2010-02-08, 19:24   Link #1288
User89254
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Prolly not..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Please prepare your tissues. The original lyrics were written by Tanigawa, but finished into a song by the usual lyricist for the series: Hata-san

Edit for some news:
The website mkara is offering a campaign to give away ten-twenty sets of figures. Well, the reason I'm putting it in this thread is that somehow they are offering downloads of 26 karaoke versions of songs from the series. I'm not quite sure if all of the songs on the Kioku CD have karaokes, but they and God knows...., Lost my music, and Koi no Mikuru Densetsu will be getting a karaoke version. Would be nice to hear the karaoke versions someday.

vvv I'm sorry, but not it is not. It's the OPs, EDs, insert songs, all 4 Haruhi character songs, all Yuki's except SELECT, Mikuru's Revenge, Koizumi's Maggare and Tsumara nai Hanashi desu yo", Kyon's Kentai Life, Haruhi-chan OP and ED, Welcome Unknown, Saikou Pare Parade, and 4 other Haruhi-Mikuru-Yuki songs.
But some of them already have karaoke versions, which kinda make it a waste.

And I am about to cry. Someone translate the lyrics please.
Old 2010-02-08, 19:30   Link #1289
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
But some of them already have karaoke versions, which kinda make it a waste.

And I am about to cry. Someone translate the lyrics please.
One of the posts in the 20+ 2 chan threads I reviewed this weekend (We're currently on thread 23 for the movie alone which doesn't include box office threads and the normal SOS brigade threads) had an approximation of the song. I will do my best to find it, but I cannot guarantee success. Likely the lyrics will be posted closer to the end of this month when it is released.

I originally saw the list of songs and said "oh those already have karaoke versions, what a waste" but I then realized that there were about 7-8 that didn't. I love the arrangement of Koi no Mikuru Densetsu, so it'd be worth it for me.

Old 2010-02-08, 20:07   Link #1290
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Yes I'm double posting so I could edit this post and make sure everything lines up correctly. From Toolog.net

Kanji
Spoiler:

Romaji: (sorry for non capitalization, the translator does that for me without my consent)
Spoiler:

Translation Warning: I have not studied Japanese formally. I used Rikaichan and a couple of translators to help me translate this. It is not a formal translation. I may have screwed something up, but this is the best that I can do at this moment.
Spoiler:

And to pre-answer a question, yes I did tear up while translating this. Curse you Tanigawa!

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-02-08 at 20:31. Reason: Correcting a break in the first stanza
Old 2010-02-08, 20:14   Link #1291
User89254
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Yes I'm double posting so I could edit this post and make sure everything lines up correctly. From Toolog.net

Kanji
Spoiler:

Romaji: (sorry for non capitalization, the translator does that for me without my consent)
Spoiler:

Translation Warning: I have not studied Japanese formally. I used Rikaichan and a couple of translators to help me translate this. It is not a formal translation. I may have screwed something up, but this is the best that I can do at this moment.
Spoiler:

And to pre-answer a question, yes I did tear up while translating this. Curse you Tanigawa!
That's...so...sad...

And yes, I curse him with you.

I always thought several of those songs needed karaoke, too.
Old 2010-02-08, 21:52   Link #1292
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Which songs will have karaoke now?
I'm kind of an idiot..sorry
Old 2010-02-08, 22:02   Link #1293
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Which songs will have karaoke now?
I'm kind of an idiot..sorry
Here are the songs that will have their karaoke released during the promotion in Japan:
Spoiler:

Old 2010-02-08, 22:39   Link #1294
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Don't most of those have karaoke?
Love all those songs by the way...Pretty sure I love most, if not all Haruhi songs.
Didn't like Sweet Oblivion as much as the others, though, but still very pretty.
Old 2010-02-09, 06:27   Link #1295
Vegard Aune

...So yeah, I know ultimatemegax just posted a translation of the song, but because I feel horribly offended at the fact that nobody remembered that I'd already posted one, I'm reposting my own.

Last edited by Vegard Aune; 2010-02-09 at 11:39. Reason: Ok quigonkenny, if you say so...
Old 2010-02-09, 07:30   Link #1296
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
...So yeah, I know ultimatemegax just posted a translation of the song, but because I feel horribly offended at the fact that nobody remembered that I'd already posted one, I'm reposting my own.
Spoiler for Sweet Oblivion:
I actually relied on this while listening to Sweet Oblivion for the first time, which made me tear up. Kudos to both you and ultimatemegax for translating the lyrics. I've been after the romanji lyrics for a while now though.

Tanigawa loves Yuki. I bet he enjoyed writing the lyrics for this song.
Old 2010-02-09, 08:08   Link #1297
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
~snip~
Might want to change that to a link to your old post. Otherwise the mods might consider it crossposting or spamming, and that's against the forum rules. Liked the translation, though. ^_^
Old 2010-02-09, 08:50   Link #1298
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Spoiler for Sweet Oblivion:
I apologize for not searching through the thread and finding your translation. Yours has a more casual style to it than my (almost literal) translation, and I like it just as much if not better than my own. Thank you for sharing it with us again and for your hard work in creating it.

Old 2010-02-11, 08:33   Link #1299
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Quote:

Kanji
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:
That's...so...sad...

And yes, I curse him with you.

I always thought several of those songs needed karaoke, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
I actually relied on this while listening to Sweet Oblivion for the first time, which made me tear up. Kudos to both you and ultimatemegax for translating the lyrics. I've been after the romanji lyrics for a while now though.

Tanigawa loves Yuki. I bet he enjoyed writing the lyrics for this song.
I actually cried when i heard this song with the lyrics, and I rarely cries.Part of me wanted to curse tanigawa but still, he is the reason we love this series in the first place. so kudos for him because he actually makes me cry....
Old 2010-02-11, 16:12   Link #1300
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

I didn't cry...I didn't see any reason to. I mean, It's a pretty song with good lyrics, bu I never get emotional
Closed Thread