AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-11, 09:02   Link #1001
Pentacle

I think it's awesome that Risa finally gets her own arc with Utsumi but I can't help feeling that Risa is just being used as a plot device to help make Yuki jealous over Utsumi and push those two closer together.
Pentacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 12:19   Link #1002
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacle View Post
I think it's awesome that Risa finally gets her own arc with Utsumi but I can't help feeling that Risa is just being used as a plot device to help make Yuki jealous over Utsumi and push those two closer together.
It could be true. I mean, Risa's characterization was REALLY rushed. We'll see if the author plans on giving her the depth that's being given to Yuki and Shou.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 17:53   Link #1003
Pentacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
It could be true. I mean, Risa's characterization was REALLY rushed. We'll see if the author plans on giving her the depth that's being given to Yuki and Shou.
I can see Yuki being the kind of girl that doesn't want Utsumi romantically but doesn't want to lose him to anyone else either.
Pentacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 19:40   Link #1004
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentacle View Post
I can see Yuki being the kind of girl that doesn't want Utsumi romantically but doesn't want to lose him to anyone else either.
Mm. The fact that Yuki was the main girl in the GE oneshot sort of makes me think that she's slated to be with Utsumi. We'll see, but I doubt it.
Old 2010-04-12, 00:00   Link #1005
ZODDGUTS

Going out with her would be better for him. For one thing she's inexperience when it comes to dating putting her in equal footing with him the fake date with Yuki doesn't really count. Also she doesn't have heavy baggage like Yuki has with all her problems. Won't blame him if he gives this girl a shot. My hope it doesn't turn out like the usual "I'm with you but I'm actually in love with this other girl" cliche.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 03:07   Link #1006
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
... My hope it doesn't turn out like the usual "I'm with you but I'm actually in love with this other girl" cliche.
But isn't it already just that?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 03:16   Link #1007
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
But isn't it already just that?
Well my hope is that before those two start dating he'll have had moved on from Yuki, tired of her "I can't forget my previous boyfriend" thing going on.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 06:01   Link #1008
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Well my hope is that before those two start dating he'll have had moved on from Yuki, tired of her "I can't forget my previous boyfriend" thing going on.
Not sure if it's that she can't forget him, but more like what he did to her (though there's definitely the possibility that she may still have feelings for the guy).

I think Utsumi going off on Yuki was a good thing, but he went a bit too far with the last line where hensaid she and Tooru should have never split up. Everything else before that he needed to say, to make her realize what she's doing.

I just like Risa right now because she's the only one without major baggage.
Old 2010-04-12, 08:08   Link #1009
mammothb

i think it could be that yuki still loves him but she does want to (or dare to) get back together with him cuz she is afraid that he might do the same thing to her again.
mammothb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 10:00   Link #1010
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Chap 31 :

Lol? The guy regrets about Shou ...
Yuki is damn angry now dude , but she needs to make up her mind too .
I feel sorry for Risa , she doesn't know about Utsumi's situation , she won't have a chance .
Yeah , i hope she'll get her own GE too ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 11:39   Link #1011
SageGaiGar
You are Next

I can see atleast a temp RisaXUtsumi for a form of relationship training wheels due to their mutual lack of experience.

in terms of overall plot she stands hardly a chance of an actual ending. Shame she's kind of 'sub heroine' QQ. Also hoping she gets some more character development or even an arc.
Old 2010-04-12, 12:36   Link #1012
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Oh man. Awesome chapter. I guess he lost his cool. They both are at fault too, and for the same reason.

*ahem*

Risa end FTW!!

I have to admit, I liked Risa more when she didn't get so flustered and embarrassed. But no when she was a bitch. Like, how she was when she visited Utsumi in the classroom.
Old 2010-04-12, 12:46   Link #1013
wingman32x

Just got done reading 30 & 31, and all I have to say is go Utsumi. I think that everything he said needed to be said. Yuki needed to be shaken up. Also, I really loved Risa in chapter 31. It just reminded me why I like her so much. Go Risa!! Can't wait for 32.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 12:54   Link #1014
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I hope his date goes well for a change... I'm really pulling for Risa, I love shy-clumsy girls.
Old 2010-04-12, 13:24   Link #1015
Xagzan

Risa was too adorable in this chapter. But where is everyone getting that they're going on the date from? Utsumi hasn't said yes.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 13:32   Link #1016
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoilers from ch 32...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 13:52   Link #1017
babohtea

Yeah, you guys let it slip. Be more careful next time!

Guys, I find the imangascan nickname for Risa hilarious. Hanbaagaagaaru. LMAO

Last edited by babohtea; 2010-04-12 at 14:29.
Old 2010-04-12, 14:31   Link #1018
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoilers from ch 32...
Even without them, you know what's going to happen anyway. Cliches are inevitable here.
Old 2010-04-12, 14:50   Link #1019
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Even without them, you know what's going to happen anyway. Cliches are inevitable here.
I hope you aren't justifying the spoiler slip-up in anyway. I don't even want to get started on "it COULD have happened differently (from the spoiler)..."
Old 2010-04-12, 14:51   Link #1020
Xagzan

It's interesting. Shou was in love with her senpai, and she was loved by an underclassman herself, and now his underclassman's got a crush on him. Not sure what you'd call that.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi